Inspired by GP bikes, courtesy Douglasthecook

From

post-8974-0-74018500-1365011497.jpg

To

post-8974-0-31266900-1365011542.jpg

post-8974-0-98647600-1365011581.jpg

Me likey!!!

• Member Contributer

On our AR ride last weekend a young guy on a K1200 S was with us (came with a VFRD member) and was wearing some combat-style laced boots. During the ride another rider flagged him down to stop since he was dragging his 18" untied laces! Yikes!

Watch yer shoelaces... ;-)

• Member Contributer

Good thing I never have and never will rides with shoes.... ;-)

• Member Contributer

On our AR ride last weekend a young guy on a K1200 S was with us (came with a VFRD member) and was wearing some combat-style laced boots. During the ride another rider flagged him down to stop since he was dragging his 18" untied laces! Yikes!

Wow!

• Member Contributer

Cut down original.......

I will have to see how this functions in the real world re chain oil on my boot....

Since Doug has the same on his 4th Gen, he'd told me if there were any drawbacks

No functional advantage, just form. Like the clear clutch cover......... but I want it :cool:

Dutchy!,.......your shift lever's getting dirty! :ohmy:

:rolleyes:

Beck

95 VFR

That is not dirt, just scrapes........ :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Oh by the way...... the gasket I bought (the one that is supposed to go between the engine and the cover) was NOT the right one.

I found out once the cover was off... Yeah I should have checked it with the donor cover.........

Maybe I ordered the gasket for a 3rd gen cover?

Anyway, I have now fitted it without this gasket. Since it is not there to hold any fluid inside, will I now crash burn and die???

What is the point anyway to have a gasket if not to hold fluid/pressure inside???

I must have opened that sprocket cover only once on my 4th gen a very long time ago....

There must be more than a decade's worth of cack under it........slowly turning into beautiful diamonds already.... :rolleyes:

Should I check it this weekend??........I'm a bit afraid to look.... :huh: .

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

And wear a pair of marygolds/rubber kitchen gloves......... That is some serious cack down there....... ;-)

Archived