Exhaust photos and comments.

Guest ChristosGR

Hi guys & gals, newbie to the site, found some fantastic information, great to see and join in everyones pleasure, don't tend to get the same chances with our great weather. Just wanted to add a little to the exhaust comments, please see attached, kind of unique but hope you agree looks well good, I like to be a little diff'. Clears the box and sounds amazing.

Keep up the great work.

Many thanks.

Great exhaust! I suppose you took some of the existing Yoshi pipes and modified the tubing. Could you reveal for what it was originally meant for?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Ordered me a DAM today should b here early i december ..I hope...trying to get Yokel and Brian and bird dog on this deal..wish yourselfs luck...How easy or hard was the install ..they sent some photos on how to do looks like there r some steps i better get right or i could end up at a dealer to get computer reset or somthing along those lines ...anyone added the power comander 5 after installing pipe ..much better or just the same with pipe ? Thanks in advance

The install is cake, it's 2 bolts off, 2 bolts on (and disconnect the flappy cable.) It took me 5 minutes. There's no reason to get a dealer involved, with the DAM pipe there's no need to re-do computer bits at all.

Naturally, if you have a Power Commander, it's a different story all together.

The pics David sends you after purchase are far more clear than you think once you start unhooking stuff. It's a breeze.

• 3 weeks later...

That last one looks like a Jardine without the badging.. it's my bike on their site. Still loving it!

Sorry about the goofy looking seat, I'm pretty short.

1391.1600.600x400.new_bikes_004.jpg

1391.1601.600x400.new_bikes_005.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I do not have this, but saw them on EB@y, and include them for your viewing pleasure. GPR is Italian, from what I gather, a couple different finishes. Around the $300.00ish mark on the big auction house...

http://www.gpr.it

grande_1434635794.jpg

grande_486970368.jpg

The GRP doesn't look half bad. Plus the centerstand seems to fit too. That's a big plus. I was seriously considering the Werks can till I found out it won't work with the centerstand.

I like the SS finish best.

• Member Contributer

I like the akrapovic and the Dam but am having issues with the $$$ needed for entry, perhaps I should take the hacksaw to my old Hindle or try the GPR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I joined Dangerous Dave in putting GPR on the big VFR. It fits with OEM luggage, I will post some pics later on, we have company visiting all weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I joined Dangerous Dave in putting GPR on the big VFR. It fits with OEM luggage, I will post some pics later on, we have company visiting all weekend.

Hey, where are the pictures ?

• Member Contributer

Finally have some pics of the GPR with bags. I need to tweak/rotate the pipe a bit, but with the sketchy weather, have been trying to ride when it is nice, and not tinker in the garage. A little louder than stock, I have a baffle in, pretty loud without it, but not as loud as my hindle on my old 95. I got it for 280.00 plus 25 shipping from Italy on Amazon, they also are on the large auction site, with different finishes, styles, but this suits my purposes and hit my price point, so I am happy with it so far.

post-72-0-98017300-1372095149.jpg

post-72-0-97728300-1372095085.jpg

post-72-0-56338300-1372095124.jpg

Question about the Leo Vince Factory R, Evo II.....well, more verification than question.

It looks like the only aftermarket exhaust that has two straps to allow an upper mounting and lower mounting to accomodate the oem luggage.

Tough to find real info on this, but one kit I saw online looked like it had two "S" connector pipes as well.

Is it a quick and painless transition to go from high (and better looking IMO) to low when you mount the luggage - by simply swapping a longer hang strap and rotating the connector a bit?

I've had Leo's on quite a few bikes - love the quality and sound, and this one appears to be the most flexible/adaptable one out there.

Thanks in advance

LeoVince Factory R, with and without panniers.

00116_zpsc13cff34.jpg

001-44.jpg

• Member Contributer

Blakebird, check out the MIVV also, as it does the same thing, allows you to move it from high to low and vice versa. I actually think it looks better than the LEO, love the look.

I asked HRCdave this prior to buying my Leo Factory R (I bought when I didn't know MIVV existed) and he said it takes less than 5 minutes to swap from low to high, etc.

If you end up buying the Leo contact Tom @ Biohazard as his Leo Prices are the cheapest you'll find in the US. And make sure that Ben from Leo gets you the shorter carbon fiber piece for mounting it in the high mount position. When I ordered mine it only included the longer piece for low mounting as Leo has recently changed parts packaging (the hardware) locations and they haven't been including both (their error). I had to contact them and they had to mail me 2 missing pieces from the hardware bundle (a m6 bolt and the cf piece). They should be aware of it but you should also mention it so they get it right the first time.

Check out that MIVV system, looks very nice.

Thanks - I have a "friend in the biz" who put me in touch with the folks at LV in the bay area, and I have bought a number of pipes from them directly, like the full Ti system for my TE 630, etc.

Can't touch the prices I get there.... though this time I just ordered from an online retailer I've dealt with before many times.

Not being an exotic system, I wasn't wincing at the price I see online ($589) like I did at the $1200 full Ti system for the TE.

The downside is that the LV Factory R is on backorder until early - mid July, even if the websites say it's in stock :unsure:

Not a big deal at all though - I wasn't sure I was even going to get an aftermarket pipe for this bike... I like the original just fine, so I'm in no hurry.

As I've seen mentioned before, aesthetically I like the visual balance given by the oem setup, and everything aftermarket looks too small and out of scale.

The LV (and MIVV) are two of the few that I think look good.

I did look at the MIVV, and it was down to that and the LV - the LV winning mostly out of past experience with the brand and that it's more widely available.

The MIVV is a really good looking pipe, and the video on their website with it on the dyno shows that it's one of the better sounding ones as well.

H048LHX_a.jpg

• Member Contributer

I think most of the pipes that change from high to low mount have the midpipe rotating and removing the strap, my GPR is like that anyway, the silver hanger is removed, and you loosen the clamps and rotate the can and pipe up.

You can make a shortie yourself out of any of the straight cans. I cut about 3" off my 2Bro Tit M5 can to fit the V35 panniers. It is louder than before shortening it, but not too bad as long as I go easy on the throttle through my neighborhood. I might hesitate if it is a $1000 Akro can, though.

Power-wise, I can't tell any different and don't much care. The big Viffer has more than enough to keep me happy.

Just installed the Two Brothers M2 Black in aluminum finish. I like the way silver finished exhaust flow with the colour scheme of the bike. I have never owned a Two Brothers product and I was a little skeptical but I really like the finish and look of the exhaust. Sound is a little bit on the louder side but that is what I was wanting (coming from a gutted factory 6th gen). Install took literally 20 minutes, and the exhaust is designed to work with factory bags. I will post a couple proper vids when I can.

Price was $334 at Surfsidemoto.com... Dirt Cheap!

IMAG0129

• Member Contributer

Thanks - I have a "friend in the biz" who put me in touch with the folks at LV in the bay area, and I have bought a number of pipes from them directly, like the full Ti system for my TE 630, etc.

Can't touch the prices I get there.... though this time I just ordered from an online retailer I've dealt with before many times.

Not being an exotic system, I wasn't wincing at the price I see online ($589) like I did at the $1200 full Ti system for the TE.

The downside is that the LV Factory R is on backorder until early - mid July, even if the websites say it's in stock :unsure:

Not a big deal at all though - I wasn't sure I was even going to get an aftermarket pipe for this bike... I like the original just fine, so I'm in no hurry.

As I've seen mentioned before, aesthetically I like the visual balance given by the oem setup, and everything aftermarket looks too small and out of scale.

The LV (and MIVV) are two of the few that I think look good.

I did look at the MIVV, and it was down to that and the LV - the LV winning mostly out of past experience with the brand and that it's more widely available.

I paid $516 fwiw, the ti version. Again, make sure you specify to check the hardware before they ship

Turns out surfsidemoto shipped me the wrong two brothers.... We'll see how they are about exchanging this for the low mount version. Be prepared for a rant if they don't lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Archived