Exhaust photos and comments.

Guest ChristosGR

I paid $516 fwiw, the ti version. Again, make sure you specify to check the hardware before they ship

The Ti and CF are the same price....and you got a pretty good price at $516.

I was getting LV from the source for slightly less than half of retail, which is tough to pass up....but after dipping from that well a few times I felt like I'd had my share of good deals and didn't want to wear out my welcome.

If I was looking at a full Ti system in the four figure range, I might have fallen back on my cheapskate ways :cool:

I got a follow-up phone call from the place I placed my order - letting me know they were on back-order. I will email them with a heads up on checking for the proper hardware.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gonna be a while dude. I waited 4-5 weeks for mine and I think they only brought one Ti in on the shipment from IT.

he said first week of July... we'll see if it's a slow gondola coming around the cape

• Member Contributer

Well mine is finally going on this week. Bike is in pieces now for a lot of stuff, round 1. Wish I had the $ to do it all at once (PC5, Autotune, decat, ECU flash) but at least I'll finally be able to hear the motor for the first time. The only 76 degree V4 I've heard with a pipe, in person, is the RC212v.

I heard the RC211V at Laguna Seca, nice (loud) tune it played....
The only bike I've heard that was louder, was when Team Obsolete had Jim Redman's RC166 ( mid 60's 250 six GP bike).

Everyone within 100 ft had their hands over their ears when they bumpstarted it in the pits. What a racket though....omg.

I got an email from the online vendor in reply to my asking him to check on the straps LV provides. Great next day response...

Anyway, he said he talked to LV and they now provide an adjustable strap (slotted?) rather than two different length pieces.

It's gonna be a while dude. I waited 4-5 weeks for mine and I think they only brought one Ti in on the shipment from IT.

he said first week of July... we'll see if it's a slow gondola coming around the cape

my order shipped yesterday. :beer:

I went on a road trip over the 4th July weekend - so naturally FedEx tried to deliver the pipe and I wasn't there to sign.

They dropped it off on Tuesday - I put it on that afternoon. Typical high quality and fit I've had with all my other Leo Vinces - the biggest surprise was how quiet it was (a good thing) with the db killer installed. And the db killer doesn't look restrictive at all....

It came with ONE carbon fiber strap, the 104mm longer one seen in the instructions vs. the 85mm shorter one.

It tucks up nicely, and looks to have plenty of room to slide down to clear the bags.

The only fitment issue, was that the rubber bumper on the centerstand pretty much misses the tab it's supposed to hit on the connector pipe - but it catches the edge enough that I don't think it'll melt off.

I cleaned my oily prints off the Ti canister before getting it hot, and straightened the strap up a bit....

P1040062_zpsee813e78.jpg

There is one of these on Ebay right now with a cracked end cap for $219... I would buy it and make a project out of it, but the Leo Vince is honestly too quiet for my tastes. Still a smoking deal for those in the market for a a super high quality exhaust!! Jump on it someone!!

** Edit ** Too late, it looks like it sold :(

Ordered me a DAM today should b here early i december ..I hope...trying to get Yokel and Brian and bird dog on this deal..wish yourselfs luck...How easy or hard was the install ..they sent some photos on how to do looks like there r some steps i better get right or i could end up at a dealer to get computer reset or somthing along those lines ...anyone added the power comander 5 after installing pipe ..much better or just the same with pipe ? Thanks in advance

The install is cake, it's 2 bolts off, 2 bolts on (and disconnect the flappy cable.) It took me 5 minutes. There's no reason to get a dealer involved, with the DAM pipe there's no need to re-do computer bits at all.

Naturally, if you have a Power Commander, it's a different story all together.

The pics David sends you after purchase are far more clear than you think once you start unhooking stuff. It's a breeze.

I can confirm installation of the DAM muffler is a breeze, I recently broke both my hands requiring surgery my DAM arrived a couple days after, I was itching to install it and did so with out the use of my right thumb and a very sore left hand.

DAM's service is also fantastic, you get a very accurate build time and shipping date and great communication. My muffler unfortunately got a little lost in the australian postal system and David was in communication with me every day via SMS untill it arrived safely.

installation is just.

1. Remove seat

2. Remove right side pannel 2x bolts and one push clip

3. Unhook cable from servo

4. Re-install side panel

5. Put seat back on

6. Loosen pipe clamp

7. Remove bolt holding OEM muffler to foot peg

8. Remove muffler by gently twisting it back and forth and pull it towards the back of the bike until it is free

9. Install DAM muffler - opposite of step 9

10. replace foot peg bolt through muffler flange

11. Tighten pipe clamp

12. Start bike - when you are done smiling like a fool at the sound check for leaks around the pipe clamp, tighten further if necessary and your done

I ordered mine with the 94db noise killer and the sport noise killer, even with the 94db killer in there it sounds great while still being street legal, i've decided to compromise though and run the sport noise killer. changing or removing them all together is a easy 5 min job with an 8mm ring spanner

post-26046-0-36386600-1374118246.jpgpost-26046-0-48994000-1374118280.jpgpost-26046-0-75266100-1374118321.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really love the look, and prefer the sound of the comp werkes over all the others I found on youtube, my worry is how well it integrates with Honda luggage and if it is hot on the passengers foot. I've searched a lot and haven't found any answers to these questions

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd throw mine in here for the Helluvit. I bought the GPR Ti can with db killer for just a tick over $300 to my door. What a steal! I put in the db killer and rode it to work (about eight miles) and took the db killer right back out. Too quiet! I don't like an obnoxiously loud bike, but to me the sound level and tone are just perfect without the killer installed. I've been very happy with it and have about 3k miles on the pipe now...2k of those were with the wife on the back over the course of six days. No complaints from her about noise or heat. The GPR can is designed so it can either be high mount or low mount to accommodate luggage. I run the Givi V35 cases rather than the Honda's, so they sit a little different. The high mount was too high and the low mount was too low for me. I wanted the can to clear the side case, but also wanted it to follow the lines of the bike, so I made my own hanger bracket to the length I wanted. It doesn't look as sweet as the machined billet one they furnish with the pipe, but it does the job. Here's a few pics...

IMAG1821_zpse91b2aa0.jpgIMAG1822_zps5fe89f27.jpgIMAG1823_zps9487a588.jpg

As you can see, no clearance issues. I just love the "thump" at idle. I have no complaints about this pipe, and for the price it can't be beat.

D Dave

• 6 months later...

Correct. When I installed my DAM exhaust, I just removed the cable and left the servo in place. The bike see's the servo motor attached and is happy...

Ah good, it's the DAM exhaust I'm interested in....thanks.

So has anyone here actually run the Arrow pipe. I recently found on ebay from an Italian shipper, Should be here Wednesday night!

I'm anxious to hear how that goes. I ordered the darkline one last year and it was on backorder for weeks and I said screw it.

Archived