Exhaust photos and comments.

Guest ChristosGR

Guest ChristosGR

When I was looking for an aftermarket exhaust I realize that the more photos to look at and comments from the field to review, the better. So post your photos and /or comments to help other members on the hunt for that perfect look and sound ! post-24818-0-34905000-1338952385.jpgpost-24818-0-32337300-1338952862.jpgpost-24818-0-09465900-1338952900.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

[media=]

[/media]

Here's a photo as current... and filthy...

gallery_23869_6488_34402.jpg

Love the sound and the look... when it's clean. :)

I have the 2 brothers blk series M2

I found it to be a little loud for my taste. So i stuck in the power tip that was suppose to reduce the dp by 7.

That really quieted it down. I think it sounds pretty good and been very happy with the setup.

post-19017-0-77822800-1339199187.jpg

[media=]

[/media]

That's a DAM, isn't it?

I think they are by far the best looking for the VFR, complement the lines more than the other exhausts.

I also love the fact they are silver/matt chrome, adds well to the silver accents on the vfr.

image_1850.jpg

image_1848.jpg

No photo, but I have the LeoVince pictured above. I have it hung lower to accomodate my OEM saddlebags. I paid $249 for it, like it a lot, and have tried it both with and without the db killer. I prefer the db killer (47 years old and apparently am starting to mature...........who knew?). That being said, all else being equal (money no object), I would get the DAM. It is the most complementary of the lines of the bike (by far). CompetitionWerkes has a new one out similar to the DAM but it looks like it is too upswept to work with the bags.

Ride safe

Man-o-man! I just checked out the Competition Werkes website to view this new exhaust. I kinda like it, but I would like to know how it fits with the bags along with decibel level and overall performance. I will shoot Competition Werkes an email and see what they say.

I like the look of the Competition Werkes pipe too. I'd like to hear one before buying though. It is so small, I expect its louder than what I'd want.

• Member Contributer

[media=]

[/media]

That's a DAM, isn't it?

I think they are by far the best looking for the VFR, complement the lines more than the other exhausts.

I also love the fact they are silver/matt chrome, adds well to the silver accents on the vfr.

Yes, it's a DAM. Pleased as could be with their stuff, not too quiet, not too loud, not too flashy, just a dam (did you see what I did there) good pipe.

I emailed Comp Werkes over a week ago with the same questions and havent heard squat.

Maybe their exhaust is so loud that they cant hear your email notification beep. JK. The exhaust looks really really good as does the DAM. I think I have exhaust envy :sad:

I tried to get the DAM sent emails for a few weeks without any response so I went with the two brothers which has gotten louder after 10,000 or so miles. I go through a lot of small towns on my rides and make an effort to stay off the rpms while in town but that deep rumble is very pleasing indeed.

PanamaCityBeachStarVFR9Arp11.jpg

Well, I got a response from Competition Werkes with one new image. I hoped for more but I'm not a picky man. Here goes...

DSC 0303

I just purchase the Competition Werkes exhaust today. I've got the R&G black engine protectors/covers, so I ordered the pipe in black. It should look great. Anxious to get it on the bike.

I do have the Honda OEM side cases, and don't think there will be any problem with the new exhaust. I called and spoke to a CW rep, but they couldn't really give me the definitive answer I was hoping for about the case compatibility. Based on photos of the nearest thing to it, the DAM pipe, it looks like a good fit with no interference.

I'm generally not too opinionated, but that C-Werkes exhaust belongs on a 7 year-old's go-kart. Isn't this the "gentleman's sport bike?" I feel like buying any other aftermarket pipe for the 1200 is like buying a Porsche Cayman: might as well drape a sign around your neck that says "I can't afford a 911." The DAM fits with all bag types, adds power, weighs less, comes in black, and sounds outrageously good. But if you want it NOW, or you want it CHEAP, you can't have it. But, you'll never know what your missing, so whatever. End rant.

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7866.jpg

Just as an addition to my previous post, here's a 3 part video I took of the stock exhaust, the stock with the flapper open, and the DAM, from various angles, all in 1080p HD. Should give a very clear example of the difference.

I said this before, that DAM looks bloody brilliant!

Very tempted to get one, even ride there myself (not too far from here) to get it installed ('free').

I disconnected the flapper cable and that does sound great as well though.

I agree, way better than stock, but it still has that tinny metallic sound. If the stock exhaust is a 2, disconnecting the flapper makes it a 5, and the DAM is an 11. It's worth every penny.

Just as an addition to my previous post, here's a 3 part video I took of the stock exhaust, the stock with the flapper open, and the DAM, from various angles, all in 1080p HD. Should give a very clear example of the difference.

Where's the video? I can't seem to find the video.

Thanks

I agree, way better than stock, but it still has that tinny metallic sound. If the stock exhaust is a 2, disconnecting the flapper makes it a 5, and the DAM is an 11. It's worth every penny.

Hmm I'll look into it, but I'll have to hear one, where's the video you promised?

I do like the fact that I can put it back to stock now in a matter of minutes.

Uhhh...not sure why the video link isn't showing...it's direct-linked to youtube in the post and I'm watching it right now.

Actual url is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3onFfk2m3Y&feature=plcp%5B/media

Can't even put the "http" in front of that link because it automatically makes it the direct-link video. Not sure why it isn't working for everyone, it's working okay from my end.

Archived