Exhaust photos and comments.

Guest ChristosGR

Hey Yokel and Brian,

When you ordered your DAM, did you make the transfer from PayPal or did David initiate the transfer on his end? This is my first international transaction and I just want it to go smoothly and I also want to make sure David gets paid.

Thank you,

His PayPal name is DAMEXHAUST, use the Pay Someone (or whatever it's called) section. I put the amount he specified in euros, got the current exchange rate, and hit send. Easy as pie. BTW, the reason I know all these details is because all the emails are still in my inbox. I'm not some sort of creeper. Or at least not that kind.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

International payments through paypal are a breeze man... It really is easy once you do it. In fact, they even factor the exchange rate IIRC.

Yes Paypal is super easy, that's why I used that option as well even though it was a bit extra $ to do so

I got my order form from David yesterday and completed the order today! A Polished/Matt pipe and Sport DB killer (just in case) ahould be here in Canada sometime around July 19th or so...

Thanks for the testimonials and the info Yokel and Brian!

Cheers;

Eric

International payments through paypal are a breeze man... It really is easy once you do it. In fact, they even factor the exchange rate IIRC.

Brian and Yokel,

You were right (again)! PayPal was a breeze. Paid for mine today. Anticipated ship is July 17.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

5000 km with the Akrapovic c/f pipe fitted on the bike (high mount version) and I really like it. I run it with out the baffle and sounds great, looks like a million $, and the build quality is top notch. if I had to criticized something it would the high cost of admission but if you can cough up the cash you can't go wrong with this pipe, after all you get what you pay for.

post-24818-0-25271800-1344751230.jpg

post-24818-0-46767100-1344751274.jpg

post-24818-0-03288900-1344751312.jpg

5000 km with the Akrapovic c/f pipe fitted on the bike (high mount version) and I really like it. I run it with out the baffle and sounds great, looks like a million $, and the build quality is top notch. if I had to criticized something it would the high cost of admission but if you can cough up the cash you can't go wrong with this pipe, after all you get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

My exhaust idea. But I am a cheap skate!post-25574-0-62587300-1345920654.jpg I gutted the muffler all the way. Binned the flapper valve .I pulled the restrictive u turn pipe out off it and is now a 2" strait pipe with a 10" steel baffle inside.

Much nicer sound but not much louder than stock.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys & gals, newbie to the site, found some fantastic information, great to see and join in everyones pleasure, don't tend to get the same chances with our great weather. Just wanted to add a little to the exhaust comments, please see attached, kind of unique but hope you agree looks well good, I like to be a little diff'. Clears the box and sounds amazing.

Keep up the great work.

Many thanks.

post-26079-0-39842200-1349096845.jpg

Hi guys & gals, newbie to the site, found some fantastic information, great to see and join in everyones pleasure, don't tend to get the same chances with our great weather. Just wanted to add a little to the exhaust comments, please see attached, kind of unique but hope you agree looks well good, I like to be a little diff'. Clears the box and sounds amazing.

Keep up the great work.

Many thanks.

I like that Yoshi,,,looks great! Did you make that set-up yourself or is it available to purchase? Thanks, Jesse

Keep up the great work.

Many thanks.

I like that Yoshi,,,looks great! Did you make that set-up yourself or is it available to purchase? Thanks, Jesse

Hi Jesse, self made, I like the one off thing, opens up the full single sided wheel. I have a ctr stand, it clears the pipe, but only use it like a Pit Bull stand in the workshop.

post-26079-0-92720900-1349108404.jpg

Just wanted to add a little to the exhaust comments, please see attached, kind of unique but hope you agree looks well good, I like to be a little diff'.

Wow, very nicely done. Wish I had the skills to pull off something like that. Looks great.

• Member Contributer

Boy I really like that! Wanna make me one?

+1

+2

details please!!!

BEST LOOKING by FAR!!! How bout a SOUND bite.....up to about 7K RPM....

excellent job!!!

When I get my 7th gen I will go with the lightest full system to drop as much weight as possible. Does anyone know which full system or slip weighs the least?

Just get the best can you can affort and skip the full system unless you realy wanna burn money for a non noticeble diference both visualy and performance wise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I got my VFR 1200F in August and allthough I actually like the looks of the original exhaust,

I really didn't like the sound.

So in search of the right replacement, I found the DAM from Belgium to be the only one that

matches the lines of the bike.

And the sound is just superb! I can really recommend it.

post-25925-0-46989200-1351620210.jpg

post-25925-0-92060400-1351620246.jpg

• Member Contributer

2 Bro Dark, Power Commander, and its amazing. Dyno sheets are on the "Upgrades" Forum. Sound it nice an deep up to about 5k, then after that its a screaming machine. Neat thing is its only as loud as your wrist allows it to be. Added almost 10HP and 8 FT/LBS after all was all said and done.

post-25378-0-96359400-1352240481.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered me a DAM today should b here early i december ..I hope...trying to get Yokel and Brian a bird dog on this deal..wish yourselfs luck...How easy or hard was the install ..they sent some photos on how to do looks like there r some steps i better get right or i could end up at a dealer to get computer reset or somthing along those lines ...anyone added the power comander 5 after installing pipe ..much better or just the same with pipe ? Thanks in advance

Archived