2011 Fall Ride pics & stories, check in if you're home safe too!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Thank god I did not lead anything.

I'm pretty sure you led a few people astray...

Hrrmm. I think that may have been me...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith, could you please "carve" up a PR3 review. I dont own a car, and with as much rain as we are getting around here, I am seriously considering ordering a set of intermediate rain slicks.

So make with the posting, bastage.

so, I take it the Genisis wait staff is responsible for the ride icon as well?

Nah, I betting the icon will be worth the wait.

I'll post an icon when Keith posts his ride report, how 'bout that? :biggrin:

Honestly, I haven't had the time to work on it. I asked Dutch to make the last few for me and I really ought to learn to do it myself.

• Member Contributer

I haven't ridden a motorcycle since I got home, and certainly hadn't cleaned the poor VFR in the past 2 weeks. Finally got off my lazy butt and fixed 'er up! Probably gain an mpg or two now that I've removed 17 pounds if dirt and gravel, most of that from my chain...

Timmy, you may feel free to disregard this post as I know most of it was unintelligible to you.

I haven't ridden a motorcycle since I got home, and certainly hadn't cleaned the poor VFR in the past 2 weeks. Finally got off my lazy butt and fixed 'er up! Probably gain an mpg or two now that I've removed 17 pounds if dirt and gravel, most of that from my chain...

Timmy, you may feel free to disregard this post as I know most of it was unintelligible to you.

I am still reeling after my discovery of my tyre pressure on that ride. Less than 30 lbs total. Fat drunk and stoopid is no way to go through life. sigh.

• Member Contributer

Ditto!

My poor bike finally got some much needed attention this weekend. I pulled the plastics & chiseled off the cooked on mud. Spent about 4 hrs and a bunch of rags to get her reasonably acceptable. Still need to polish up a few parts to get her back to her normal state... tho I have my doubts she'll ever forgive me for the abuse!

All that said, I'd do it all over again next weekend if I had the chance!

• Member Contributer

Ive seen them up close. Looks like they were welded by me. they suck.

Very nice motorcycles... (for me to poop on).

• Member Contributer

Keeping the thread alive until next Fall Ride... Finally pulled these off the camera:

The Duc (older but not a deathtrap):

DSCF2771.jpg

The Bumblebee loaded (the rider, not loaded):

DSCF2772.jpg

Parade Grand Master, TimmytheCop at the beer distributorship:

DSCF2773.jpg

The southern contingency (motorcycles only, the guys were inside trying to figure out how to strap a keg to MiniCarver's 5G):

DSCF2774.jpg

Gearing up at the legendary Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville, NJ (finish yer coffee Timmy!):

DSCF2776.jpg

Alright, boys, get out of the water and let's see licenses, registration and insurance cards:

DSCF2778.jpg

It'sa gonna be a soggy day:

DSCF2779.jpg

One of these bikes is indeed a deathtrap:

DSCF2781.jpg

The Burns face stuck on the bike for the better part of an hour:

DSCF2787.jpg

I think the ride was a little too sedate for Timmy:

DSCF2790.jpg

Obligatory food shot... DAMN it was good:

DSCF2792.jpg

Travis trying to feed Burns a little brisket:

DSCF2794.jpg

Here, try a rib, Burns:

DSCF2795.jpg

2000 VFRs make exceptional bookends:

DSCF2800.jpg

Timmy says, "I didn't get a harruphf outta that chick in the blue."

DSCF2807.jpg

• Member Contributer

No comment...

Dutchinterceptor put together a ride icon for us, and I didn't even ask him to. Please thank him for his effort!

678973a4.jpg

Nice! Thanks Dutchinterceptor! :fing02:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

*sigh*

Bike sat for a week, got out last weekend for a bit... wishing for some warmer weather and thinking about the mountains. :blush:

• Member Contributer

A Black Friday group ride should be arranged. Maybe one last trip to the Cha Cha Hut for smoked turkey before winter :fing02:

Archived