2011 Fall Ride pics & stories, check in if you're home safe too!

SEBSPEED

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit to my story... After I posted, I ended up staying up and watching some of the video from the trip.

a. Stuff from GoatF#$% Lane came out pretty good.

b. Rain on GoPro will dissipate when you go really fast.

c. Chase-down of Mr R1 - funny...

d. I stayed up too late last night and ended up getting yelled at... D'oh!

In other news... Why is Dino urinating on his own bike??? (see Twox's pics)

did you capture my "almost crash"?

• Member Contributer

THEY ALL YELL!

Why you ask? Because we told him that a warm shower would be the easiest way get the mud off it!

Hi everybody!

Sebastian encouraged me to join the board....so I did! This was my 3rd time on Seb's Fall Ride and I just want to let you all know that I had a great time, even on the goat path! I never thought I could ride thru that mud or that my Street Triple could handle it, but I'm still alive to laugh about it! Great people, great time, great ride! I don't think the link that Seb posted for me works as it is tied into my hotmail account and I am not always logged into it, but as soon as I can figure out how to manage things on here, I will post them again.

Thanks again everybody...you're a great group of people!

• Member Contributer

Speaking of dinner, could someone photoshop this pic to read "Where's the chicken ciabatta?"

Wheresthechicken.jpg

"Is your fish & chips prepared with haddock?"

"Oh yes..."

(It must say haddock on the box the fish sticks came in... Only at the Genesis Diner!)

• Member Contributer

I have fantastic footage of Goat F*&^ Rd (Bullet Hole Rd). Just have to figure out how to convert MP4 to avi so as to clip it down to a manageable size from 3.4GB.

Note: No goats were harmed in the ride, however, many profanities were heard over the gear driven cams.

• Member Contributer

b3d88501.jpg

Hey Keith... were you sore after tumbling off of the park bench? Amazing how mechanical leverage works, especially after ~400 lbs of ballast moves... (note the ding above tire)

• Member Contributer

Edit to my story... After I posted, I ended up staying up and watching some of the video from the trip.

a. Stuff from GoatF#$% Lane came out pretty good.

b. Rain on GoPro will dissipate when you go really fast.

c. Chase-down of Mr R1 - funny...

did you capture my "almost crash"?

Indeed! Less pronounced than I was hoping, but I got it. =)

• Member Contributer

I don't believe you Jim... make vit ze video!! :biggrin:

Will have to wait until the weekend. I have no editing software, and work sucks...

• Member Contributer

I need to see this.

I have fantastic footage of Goat F*&^ Rd (Bullet Hole Rd). Just have to figure out how to convert MP4 to avi so as to clip it down to a manageable size from 3.4GB.

Note: No goats were harmed in the ride, however, many profanities were heard over the gear driven cams.

• Member Contributer

Mini and I made it home safely yesterday around 430 PM. Kevin had to leave us when we stopped for gas and food in Greenville, SC as we had already made him late by wussing out after 91/2 hours in the rain and 39-44 degree weather on Sunday ending our day 271 miles short of our 700 mile goal for the day. :ohmy:

I will post a full ride report with gear and leadership analysis as soon as get back from Chicago tomorrow night.

A quick thank you to Brian and Mr and Mrs Speed for all the hard work and fun. TY also to Matt for sweeping our group. TY to KPerham for putting up me for 6 days as well.

VFRD is great because the people are great. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

My camera didn't FALL OFF... still working on converting as I have the entire road, including the 45 º slope...

• Member Contributer

My camera didn't FALL OFF... still working on converting as I have the entire road, including the 45 º slope...

Me too.

Is there free editing software I can use with my Go Pro?? I heard that the Windows Movie Maker is free and might work.

• Member Contributer

I pirated a few pics that Joe Bone posted on Facebook today. Thought I'd share...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

OMG I thought you guys killed Timmy!

I nearly lost my coffee when I thought the bike went down. I was trying to help save it.

• Member Contributer

Is there free editing software I can use with my Go Pro?? I heard that the Windows Movie Maker is free and might work.

WMM should be preinstalled on your computer if you are running windows. Don't know any good free ones off the top of my head that aren't linux based. I think Vegas starts at $40, but not sure if that one does HD video.

Just got a nice little note from the owner of the Cha Cha Hut, thought I'd share with you guys. I'm going to make a point of getting back there soon, and y'all should too if you have the opportunity. :fing02: Rare to find a place with food this good and this extra service to boot - kudos again to Brian for making the recommendation in the first place.

Hi Sebastian,

Just wanted to drop you a line & thank you for bringing folks by the Hut last weekend. You helped make last week a very nice one for us on a traditionally slow time of the year. Hope we see you back sometime in the future.

thanks,

Frank Davis

-- Cha Cha Hut BBQ

103 Main St.| Andes, NY

http://chachahut.com

http://facebook.com/chachahutbbq

Monday - Wednesday: 607.326.6222

Thursday - Sunday: 845.676.6222

Archived