2011 Fall Ride pics & stories, check in if you're home safe too!

SEBSPEED

b3d88501.jpg

Another successful Fall Ride in the Catskills for the record books! We had a great turnout despite the questionable weather, you're all a bunch of troopers for sure! It was great to see you all and especially the Carver crew that trekked 1200mi one way to have a great time!

I'm trying to remember all the fun stuff please share your stuff here and let us know if you got home safe!

b3d88501.jpg

25ab642a.jpg

4152d3a8.jpg

afadad5e.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Joe Bone & I made the trek home safe & without incident just before 12:00pm. Wet roads & tire spray almost the entire 200 miles but our gear did it's job and we managed to stay relatively dry.

MANY THANKS to Sebastian & Brian for all their hard work to put this ride together. Despite the questionable weather and we had a blast treking in their back yard. It was great meeting the some new faces as well as old. Looking forward to doing it again! I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks again to all for a spindiferous weekend! (no that's not another way to say damp!)

Tom

Now to pull the plastics off my bike & start cleaning all the caked mud from what used to be a purty clean viffer!

• Member Contributer

Home safe at noon. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you guys last night....Sat down on the bed to watch the rest of the yankee game, and that was all she wrote :schla15: I had such a good time and can't wait to do it again!

• Member Contributer

Gonna try my hand at posting a few pics from my Photobucket page...

Saturday am started out a bit damp...

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

Stop #1 for the intermediate group at Perrines Bridge

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

We spent some time like this throughout the day waiting for construction crews...

IMG_5032.jpg

It's an FZ NOT a YZ!

IMG_5033A.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

Stopped at the reservoir.

IMG_5035A.jpg

I hope there's no laws about smuggling red dirt cuz I think I brought my share home!

IMG_5036.jpg

Lunch stop at Cha Cha Hut BBQ! AWESOME pulled pork & beans!

IMG_5038.jpg

Even Burns was enjoying himself this weekend!

IMG_5040.jpg

Even Dan's Duc seemed at home in the water!

IMG_5041A.jpg

the intermediat group at speed...

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

Last stop of the day before returning to the motel and we saw a beautiful bald eagle up in a tree. (unfortunately just out of camera view)

IMG_5046.jpg

Thanks to everyone for another AWESOME Catskills ride!

Tom

Just tried to send DelawareSteve a PM to see how he made out with his ride home, but he doesn't show up in the member list? His posts from the other thread show as guest?

This was the guy that came up on his 1200 on Friday and left around 5am Saturday?

He rode up with a certain someone and shared a room with a certain someone... I hope that didn't have anything to do with any of this!

Steve, if you're out there reading this, please get in touch...

• Member Contributer

Just tried to send DelawareSteve a PM to see how he made out with his ride home, but he doesn't show up in the member list? His posts from the other thread show as guest?

This was the guy that came up on his 1200 on Friday and left around 5am Saturday?

He rode up with a certain someone and shared a room with a certain someone... I hope that didn't have anything to do with any of this!

Dude, thats just wierd!! Maybe he didn't "leave". :ohmy:

• Member Contributer

Dude, thats just wierd!! Maybe he didn't "leave". :ohmy:

He might have offered a cigarette to this year's version of the tattooed lesbian librarian.........and is being held in her

room as a sex slave (Timmy didn't take one for the team, so what's a "girl" to do?). Did anyone get a glimpse of a 7th

gen in room 65 along with MiniCarver's gloves???

Great people, good food (on Saturday anyway), plenty of beer and a fun ride.........VFRD gatherings are the best.

Thanks to Tom for sweeping and a big "thank you" to my group for not abandoning the ride while you followed me

down Drybrook Rd (an oxymoron if there ever was one!).

Reduced traction, but not reduced FUN! Man am I tired. I am gonna give my bike some love before any of youse guys insult it again. Thanks Seb. it was well cool to be there.

Can I convince you to paint it flat white?

018-3.jpg

VFRD mobile pit crew (Port Jervians are SCARY)

021-3.jpg

The man.

023-2.jpg

the offending strawberry, cleverly secreted earlier by Ken. It worked, Ken, it was his un-doing

026-5.jpg

best looking bike there

027.jpg

best looking guy there

030-1.jpg

not the best looking guy there

038-3.jpg

marveling at the ass-jackery of the deathtrap

041-2.jpg

hippie-town (Coffee with double shot of hippie juice was very, very bad)

045-1.jpg

a vista for you

054-1.jpg

NY Staties never noticed it. Speed tested to 127 MPH

061-1.jpg

I ok-ed the strawberry, ken, but not a screwdriver in Kevins tyre!

064-2.jpg

I just dont know...

068-1.jpg

and I saved my best work for last. I call this one "Harrumph"

058-1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I think I rolled in around 5:30 this evening. The four of us - me, Timmy, Dan and Bob made pretty damned good time for only touching 1.75 miles of Interstate from Hotel 87 to Easton, PA, I think. From there, Timmy took the southerly shot down and around Philly, while me and the other two slabbed it the rest of the way home in the rain. I split off from PainterBob and DucatiDan (who has been forwarned that his handle would like be that) and boogied the last 10 miles home.

Got in just in time to get a shower, run out to a boy scout meeting and then have an hour phone call with my boss.

(BTW - I didn't get yelled at, either).

Funny, funny funny assed weekend... You biatches are some damned fine people. I laughed my arse off. Can't wait to run through the GoPro to see how GoatF#$% Lane looks in HD (and to see if the audio picked up what I was screaming at Trav through my helmet ("DAMMIT TRAV, Sebbie was F#$%ing with you!!! We gonna die up here!!!"). Or, the chase-down of our buddy on the R1 (three words - 'aftermarket mirrors blow!' Nuff said).

The weather pulled a Mr. Fleecie on us, but - the food was good (okay, mebbe not the coffie across from the CHA CHA BBQ- which, BTW, is the correct spelling when you lace your coffee with cinnamin and hippy pizzz); the accomodations didn't reak of sulfer; and the people were, as is par for this event, top notch.

Carver - wait, did you said you broke your clavical once. Really? Ya don't say?

Disappointed that Burnsie couldn't be there with us in person. He brought me into the fray with you donkeys (coining a Timmy-ism) four years ago and it was a damned shame he wasn't there to harass and annoy.

I'm going to rack out here in a few... can barely keep myself up at this point. Trust that I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face.

I think I rolled in around 5:30 this evening. The four of us - me, Timmy, Dave and Bob made pretty damned good time for only touching 1.75 miles of Interstate from Hotel 87 to Easton, PA, I think. From there, Timmy took the southerly shot down and around Philly, while me and the other two slabbed it the rest of the way home in the rain. I split off from PainterBob and DucatiDave (who has been forwarned that his handle would like be that) and boogied the last 10 miles home.

Got in just in time to get a shower, run out to a boy scout meeting and then have an hour phone call with my boss.

(BTW - I didn't get yelled at, either).

Funny, funny funny assed weekend... You biatches are some damned fine people. I laughed my arse off. Can't wait to run through the GoPro to see how GoatF#$% Lane looks in HD (and to see if the audio picked up what I was screaming at Trav through my helmet ("DAMMIT TRAV, Sebbie was F#$%ing with you!!! We gonna die up here!!!"). Or, the chase-down of our buddy on the R1 (three words - 'aftermarket mirrors blow!' Nuff said).

The weather pulled a Mr. Fleecie on us, but - the food was good (okay, mebbe not the coffie across from the CHA CHA BBQ- which, BTW, is the correct spelling when you lace your coffee with cinnamin and hippy pizzz); the accomodations didn't reak of sulfer; and the people were, as is par for this event, top notch.

Carver - wait, did you said you broke your clavical once. Really? Ya don't say?

Disappointed that Burnsie couldn't be there with us in person. He brought me into the fray with you donkeys (coining a Timmy-ism) four years ago and it was a damned shame he wasn't there to harass and annoy.

I'm going to rack out here in a few... can barely keep myself up at this point. Trust that I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face.

Correction Jim, "Ducati Dan" lol! We made it by 5 to meet up with our freinds to for a toast to remember a great friend and fallen rider we lost one year ago today!

Myself and Ducati Dan made it back safe! I had an awesome time and look forward to doing it again! But my chain barely made it, never heard so many weird noises!!

• Member Contributer

Correction Jim, "Ducati Dan" lol! We made it by 5 to meet up with our freinds to for a toast to remember a great friend and fallen rider we lost one year ago today!

fixed. Sorry - was fried typing this.

• Member Contributer

Glad you guys had fun. I almost pulled the trigger and headed over but I'm such a fair weather wuss now. Looks like my bike is thanking me. Try to catch it next year. Hopefully I'll have a seat that can be perched on for longer than an hour.

• Member Contributer

Cha Cha pigs suckling on Burnsie

post-1632-0-29386400-1317642891_thumb.jp

The GPS proved to be a valuable tool, especially when leading a pack on roads you've never been on before.

The limits of the riders and their respective bikes were tested when the GPS attempted to reroute w/o a u-turn.

Bullet Hole Rd, Andes Ny

Irene and subsequently TS Lee had taken out many patches of road, however, in between these patches where wonderful twists and turns, albeit wet and leaf covered, 'my' group faired quite well.

Burns really was there...

post-1632-0-85734300-1317642895_thumb.jp

Over look, west of NEW Paltz

post-1632-0-43373500-1317642910_thumb.jp

Mr R1

post-1632-0-28882600-1317642919_thumb.jp

Timmy

post-1632-0-05579900-1317642932_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-38135200-1317642902_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-39852700-1317642947_thumb.jp

Sadly, I did not match Timmy's Fly By:

post-1632-0-86427100-1317642882_thumb.jp

Thank you for letting me 'lead' the Drowned Rat Team. My VFR felt planted the entire route, except one particular point on Bullet Hole Rd where the gravel turned to pancake batter and a 45 degree downslope.

Despite her cold, Becky had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone, especially Keith & Timmy.

(downloading my videos now...)

-Hugh H.

Despite her cold, Becky had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone, especially Keith & Timmy.

I hugged yer girlfriend, I hugged yer girlfriend!

• Member Contributer

I arrived home cold, wet, but safely about 1600 yesterday. My wife glared at me, handed over our three month old daughter and calmly said "your turn". She then went shopping. The price I pay I guess :goofy:

Well worth it. Even with the less than stellar riding conditions, it was a blast. A huge thanks to Seb and Brian for all the work they did to set this up. Also to Travis for leading the scenic group. Here's a hint. Scenic does not mean let's go play in the woods with the goats :3:

A great time, it was a pleasure to meet/ride/drink with everyone.

• Member Contributer

Timmy,

What the hell is this hijacking the thread crap! We all know there was NO SUN on this trip... This pic musta been from TMAC or something!

And word has it there's a poor not so pretty gal in New Paltz roaming the streets looking for you...

She tripped over her laundry on the sidewalk this am and keeps mumbling "Where's Timmy, I need to bum a cigarette and a beer..."

• Member Contributer

Edit to my story... After I posted, I ended up staying up and watching some of the video from the trip.

a. Stuff from GoatF#$% Lane came out pretty good.

b. Rain on GoPro will dissipate when you go really fast.

c. Chase-down of Mr R1 - funny...

d. I stayed up too late last night and ended up getting yelled at... D'oh!

In other news... Why is Dino urinating on his own bike??? (see Twox's pics)

• Member Contributer

PICS!

Morning coffee before the ride:

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

He was there in spirit:

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

Bikes got very dirty:

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

Except for one. I swear it absorbed all the mud, grim and dirt. And it became stronger for it:

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

The last stop before the end of the day Saturday. The rain finally cleared and it got COLD!

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Later at dinner that night, Timmy seemed cranky about something. I don't know him all that well, so maybe it was his normal demeanor. He was fine at first:

IMG_2475.jpg

But something seemed to ruin his dinner:

IMG_2473.jpg

Archived