2011 Fall Ride pics & stories, check in if you're home safe too!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Just got a nice little note from the owner of the Cha Cha Hut, thought I'd share with you guys. I'm going to make a point of getting back there soon, and y'all should too if you have the opportunity. :fing02: Rare to find a place wit food this good and this extra service to boot - kudos again to Brian for making the recommendation in the first place.

Hi Sebastian,

Just wanted to drop you a line & thank you for bringing folks by the Hut last weekend. You helped make last week a very nice one for us on a traditionally slow time of the year. Hope we see you back sometime in the future.

thanks,

Frank Davis

-- Cha Cha Hut BBQ

103 Main St.| Andes, NY

http://chachahut.com

http://facebook.com/chachahutbbq

Monday - Wednesday: 607.326.6222

Thursday - Sunday: 845.676.6222

I am not a fan of BBQ. Usually. But those ribs were probably the best I've ever had. No kidding.

If I'm ever in the area, I know where I'll be eating.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

[/url]

Had not read that the camera fell off, so as I watched the vid I thought you crashed the bike, picked the bike up right away and rode on....

donot give me scares like that you <bleeeb>..............

• Member Contributer

Let me ask you something.

What possessed you to go down that road?

In the beginning of part 1, there was a moment of hesitation as you were about to depart a paved road and make the 'right' turn. But then the lady in the box said "turn", right? :laugh:

• Member Contributer

In the beginning of part 1, there was a moment of hesitation as you were about to depart a paved road and make the 'right' turn. But then the lady in the box said "turn", right? :laugh:

Trav's bike was so used to being in the mud that it was going through withdrawal syndromes. Probably decided that it needed a little treat.

stuckinmud.jpg

Had not read that the camera fell off, so as I watched the vid I thought you crashed the bike, picked the bike up right away and rode on....

donot give me scares like that you <bleeeb>..............

Of course my camera fell off. The suction cup is not rated for "Arena-Cross"

• Member Contributer
Had not read that the camera fell off, so as I watched the vid I thought you crashed the bike, picked the bike up right away and rode on.... donot give me scares like that you <bleeeb>..............
Of course my camera fell off. The suction cup is not rated for "Arena-Cross"

Suction cup should be attached to smooth surface. I don't recall seeing any such thing on your bike :owned::tongue:

Suction cup should be attached to smooth surface. I don't recall seeing any such thing on your bike :owned::tongue:

Incorrect... there is a very shiny spot at the rear of his gas tank. :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Trav's bike was so used to being in the mud that it was going through withdrawal syndromes. Probably decided that it needed a little treat.

stuckinmud.jpg

I know of no such mud adventures... :huh:

:ph34r::laugh:

• Member Contributer

Is there free editing software I can use with my Go Pro?? I heard that the Windows Movie Maker is free and might work.

WMM should be preinstalled on your computer if you are running windows. Don't know any good free ones off the top of my head that aren't linux based. I think Vegas starts at $40, but not sure if that one does HD video.

WMM won't handle MP4 unless you can get the proper codecs. I couldn't (using my work computer). I ended up just clipping them down with a free converter that uses ffmpeg as the back end.

• Member Contributer

Here are some pictures from my phone.

The infamous diner. Keith - thanks for picking up the tab for ALL of us!

Oh! Just noticed - Nice birdie :laugh:

11023c21.jpg

ff261fa5.jpg

Getting ready

285c2bdc.jpg

Burns was there

9f9e27ff.jpg

Pulling double duty as a coaster

b4d94b20.jpg

We ate all the pigs

f2c1564c.jpg

I Robot

81855ec2.jpg

Timmy kissed by Susquatch

92c36095.jpg

Sorry Keith, some gestures are not tolerated around here.

23e184b5.jpg

Going home. I did have the furthest to travel, yaknow. Well, Burns was there with me, which made for a long trip :tongue:

4aeebdd2.jpg

I dub thee Batmobile

548285d9.jpg

This little critter was looking for some warmth on my hood

eb1853db.jpg

Good times!

And why am I a bastage??? I didn't plan that sh!t!!!

And what was all that fuss about pancake batter on a 45deg incline? I saw no such thing... didn't seem to slow you down much anyway. :goofy:

ps - soundtrack credit goes to... ?

• Member Contributer

And why am I a bastage??? I didn't plan that sh!t!!!

And what was all that fuss about pancake batter on a 45deg incline? I saw no such thing... didn't seem to slow you down much anyway. :goofy:

ps - soundtrack credit goes to... ?

We're all bastages... LOL

Those wide angle lenses don't really do tight curves and downhills any justice at all.

The music is from one of my favorite bands when I was doing college radio... Lucy's Fur Coat, CD is called Jaundice... Songs are 747 and Still I Complain. That CD routinely makes my riding soundtrack. I don't know the Youtube rules quite yet - do I have to put that in there??

Down the Mountain:

• Member Contributer

Last video of the evening. Timmy, as promised - this is where your bike loses traction. It's around 42 seconds in:

The videos almost make the goat path road look paved! I remember thinking that I wouldn't even want to ride it on a dirtbike, especially when we started going downhill! Couldn't decide if I wanted to be in the goopy, muddy tire tracks or on the slippery gravel in the middle. Ahhhh...good times!! This ride was the most fun I've had in a long time! Anyway, here are some of the pictures that I took that day...

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1009.jpg

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

DSCN1018.jpg

DSCN1021.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1025.jpg

DSCN1033.jpg

DSCN1034.jpg

DSCN1035.jpg

DSCN1037.jpg

DSCN1040.jpg

DSCN1042.jpg

DSCN1045.jpg

So while we were at the Cha Cha Hut for lunch, I signed up for their email newsletter. Turns out they were having a one-year anniversary party with free all-you-can-eat buffet of all their regular offerings, plus all-you-can-drink beer and wine. Needless to say, I packed up the fam and drove the 1.5 hours each way last night to attend. It was just as tasty as it was on the ride, and I got to try everything. I can't wait to take another group there next year!!

ps - Keith, about that leadership analysis... would love to see your pics and story! :smile:

Archived