Track Bike Finally Painted

wera803

15 members have voted

1. 1. What color hump?

• White
    • Black

So I've owned the bike almost 4 years now and wasn't really worried about paint since it was a track bike. Finally got around to having my friend do it (had the money and ability to get the parts to and from him in Michigan). So now it may be doing double duty as a part time street bike too.

The original design was inspired by Baileyrock's 2007 750 track bike. I had the tail hump white in the original design, but since I had 2 of them, my buddy painted one white and one black. Which do you think looks better??

Some sort of decals will have to be next. Not many, but at least a couple. Oh, and maybe a new sweatband around the M/C reservoir. :biggrin:

gallery_1859_5874_416749.jpg

gallery_1859_5874_24108.jpg

gallery_1859_5874_27618.jpggallery_1859_5874_301551.jpg

gallery_1859_5874_50512.jpg

gallery_1859_5874_209278.jpg

Nice paint job. No decals except maybe a lower case "gsxr" in red or white on the tail light pods. I voted for the white cover. The black looks like spray paint on the factory girlie-perch.

Jeez........ Its a tough one. They both look good.

White just though.

Dont know about decals, think it looks good now, busy but not too busy. Maybe something GSXR in black on the tail if you leave the hump white.

I love it.

orca.jpg

LOL. Thanks. Someone else told me it looked like an Orca too. And other buddy said Pepe le Pew. If you can't count on your friends, who can you count on?? :laughing6-hehe:

I like the White tail myself. :fing02:

Love the look of mine when I painted it black & white too! :biggrin:

I used some simple Suzuki/GSXR stickers to break it up a little.

post-301-0-59650700-1303672036_thumb.jpg

post-301-0-05020400-1303672079_thumb.jpg

Wish i still had it! :wub:

post-301-0-70306200-1303672174_thumb.jpg

BR

Rockin Boxers Reservoir Cozy

Or on white

I got some Honda Wings (Red on Black) for my VFR brake and clutch reservoirs from these guys! :fing02:

I voted black.

No stickers, my opinion.

Thanks, ordered a couple this morning with the 20% off coupon you sent me. :fing02:

I was thinking just the "S" on the tank, maybe the big GSXR on the side fairing, and of course I have to put 600 on the tail so people don't think it is a 750 when I go past them. :laughing6-hehe:

why the mirrors on a track ho, anyway??

He was getting Passed So often that the sanctioning body required him to run mirrors to make it safer for everyone else! :laughing6-hehe:

So now it may be doing double duty as a part time street bike too.

I vote white.

why the mirrors on a track ho, anyway??

No track bodywork and the bike still has a clean title, so just thought I might get a little more use out of it if I could ride it on the street too. I hate that it sits in the garage most of the time with only 5-7 track days a year. Just seems like a waste.

He was getting Passed So often that the sanctioning body required him to run mirrors to make it safer for everyone else! :laughing6-hehe:

Weren't you the one that had to let off the gas on the back stretch of Jennings one day because you saw 165 and it was still pulling?? :biggrin:

Well, at least we know it's me and not the bike. :fing02:

Archived