Spiral Hwy, Lolo, Yellowstone, Craters of the Moon, Hells Canyon... This trip had it all!!!

• Member Contributer

med_gallery_13951_3874_31473.jpg

On July 31st four of us took off on a seven day tour to Yellowstone National Park and back. Like any RideFar trip I stay off the interstates and try my hardest to hit every mountain pass, river road, scenic byway and national park! Alot of planning went in to this! We did an excellent job and this was the best trip I have taken yet. In the end our trip lasted 8 days and 5100kms/3000miles.

The route maps are located here; http://ridefar.ca/wordpress/?p=198

IMGP4268.jpg

IMGP4269.jpg

IMGP4272.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMGP4277.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMGP4287.jpg

IMGP4289.jpg

IMGP4291.jpg

IMGP4294.jpg

IMGP4304.jpg

• Member Contributer

Love the story, pictures and captions. I live in Georgia and may never make it out there. I have to live through you guys pictures! Thanks for sharing your trip! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Nice story and pictures. Gets me pumped for my up-coming trip. Me and 3 buddies are headed that way (leaving Sept 5th)

for a 16 day - 5500 mile trip through TX, NM, CO, MT, ID, WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, AZ. Hope Yellowstone is less crowded that in the summer (they have record attendance this year).

Later,

Mark

• Member Contributer

Cool pics and ride adventure. Did you guys make it through to the south east side of the park to see the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole? Its a sight to see while your there. Thanks for posting.

• Member Contributer

Looks like fun :laughing6-hehe: since it is fairly close by I will have to go & have fun also!!! Thanks for sharing!

Loved the ride report and pics.

Your picture should be in the dictionary under true sports tourer.

8days,3000 miles a tail bag and a small tank bag 3 friends and open road :biggrin:

I'm so jealous and long for that kind of trip. Hope you have more!

Thanks for sharing that, really good ride report, HS quality minus the video

• Member Contributer

I love picture stories :biggrin:

The 2 things that stood out the most for me were the beauty of the roads, like they were saying "Ride me!!!"

And the clarity of your camera.

It all looks sooo inviting.

Top job mate

• Member Contributer

Really nice post! I would expect you and your friends to talk about this for many years. It will be hard to beat some of the scenery on this trip. Every place I've been has something to offer but there are some really great views here.

Archived