Uncrating a couple new bikes

vfrcapn

• Member Contributer

I am assuming they are dressed line Ninjas and the scary music has something to do with what they are saying?

• Member Contributer

I just messed my pants.

I wonder if I could buy the NR crate box from them? Hell, I couldn't even afford that. :cheerleader:

Almost seems like they were more cautious taking the RC30 out than they were with the NR... :cheerleader:

Funny how the dust made it up into the box too. I wonder how all the seals, rubber, piston rings, etc have faired after being stored so long.

• Member Contributer

I am assuming they are dressed line Ninjas and the scary music has something to do with what they are saying?

Remind me of henchmen from Dr Evil's underground lair :cheerleader:

but only "slightly evil ..."

Mercy... they hit those prizes with a garden hose... I think that's bike

abuse...

Seriously, this isn't your sisters Elite! Ever heard of Honda Spray Polish, gents?

So sweet, I've always wanted to take an NR around the block, they're just so funky! Is that production #4 I spotted on the crate?

Crying shame they're going to sit in the showroom....

EDIT: What was the supposed advantage of the oval piston, other than it made it easier to cram 6 valves in each cylinder?

• Member Contributer

EDIT: What was the supposed advantage of the oval piston, other than it made it easier to cram 6 valves in each cylinder?

oh dear ... can-o-worms question ... but a good one!!! :mellow:

• Forum CEO

NR750 was derived from the NR500 which at the time was the only 4 stroke to compete against 500cc 2 strokes in grand prix racing. They actually fit 8 vavles per cylinder with 2 con rods. The theory was shorter stroke, faster revs, more horse power for the same vavle area and still have 4 cylinders. Basically creating the equivalent of an 8 cylinder 500cc machine in theory. However it never could compete against the 2 stroke 500cc machines.

The 750's came out later as street bikes they only produced 200 of them and my friend Jason was able to get one for his collection, here are a couple of pics of it.

post-491-126835567377_thumb.jpg

post-491-126835568374_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

Can somebody run that through a translator?

Wonder if he'll have special glass boxes made to go next to his GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip, still in the box, next to the Oscar Goldman.

OK, I've been schooled, 8 valves per cylinder (and what wee lil valves they are smile.gif )

But is that TWO con-rods per piston? In case, y'kno, the motor needs to pump crude oil from the bottom of the ocean?! And what about the pistons being oval in the first place??

EDIT: Slammer posted as I was typing heh. Good to see someone at least takes theirs outta the garage! Very cool bikes!

OK, I've been schooled, 8 valves per cylinder (and what wee lil valves they are smile.gif )

But is that TWO con-rods per piston? In case, y'kno, the motor needs to pump crude oil from the bottom of the ocean?! And what about the pistons being oval in the first place??

EDIT: Slammer posted as I was typing heh. Good to see someone at least takes theirs outta the garage! Very cool bikes!

It was Honda's way of having a racing V-8 without actually BEING a V-8 as that was against the rules.

• Member Contributer

Definately jealous, but more saddened.

Sitting in the basement for over 20 years

Uncrate

Wash down

Hey look what I've got

Sad collector behaviour.

Maybe in translation someone said "restoration"... dunno.

You can see where the bikes have made a hole so they could breath... with the rattle of the cardboard box, they probably thought they would finally get to do what Honda intended them to.

"Oh $hit, it's those Euro dudes... RUN!!!"

NR750

Totally up there on the list of unique bikes.

oval.jpg

• Member Contributer

What 6??? mercy turn in your Honda...

gallery_3131_5079_422697.jpg

gallery_3131_5079_337597.jpg

HispanicSlammer,

Off topic a bit, but I have a question/favor to ask...

... my friend Jason was able to get one for his collection...

Any chance your friend would be willing to post (or let you post) a full frontal picture? If so, I'd be highly appreciative of one; specifically of the upper fairing/headlight area, possibly with some kind of measuring device, like a ruler, to better show scale? The headlights are no longer available from Honda, so I'm trying to find something similar, but all the existing photos I've found have been too far off center with no way to determine the correct size.

• Member Contributer

Can somebody run that through a translator?

There were subtitles on the bottom of the screen. I know, I know, you have to read them...

Man, I forgot how much I loved the styling of the NR. It sure is beautiful.

Archived