Sidi Vortice boots

Veefer800Canuck

So after the ankle fiasco, I'm going full-boat on a set of high-protection race boots, squeaking, rain resistance and walking comfort be damned. :fing02:

I want the M1A2SEP Abrams of the moto-boot world. :huh:

LAND_M1A2-SEP.jpg

I'm quite partial to SIDI boots, and their latest offering is the Vortice.

They run $475 USD MSRP, but I found a place online that sells them for $355.45 SHIPPED.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/secYdFfgDmrBmI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Sidi-Vortice/SubProducts/Sidi-Vortice-0001

(ignore the $402 price, that includes VAT which we in North America don't pay)

There are also the Vortice Vernice boots, but they are identical to the Vortice except parts of the black boot are shiny, which I don't like at all. (pics)

Thoughts, opinions, actual user reviews anyone??? :pissed: :wheel:

Vortice on left (likey), Vernice on right (no likey).

post-554-126450418864_thumb.jpg

post-554-126450419665_thumb.jpg

So after the ankle fiasco, I'm going full-boat on a set of high-protection race boots, squeaking, rain resistance and walking comfort be damned. :fing02:

I want the M1A2SEP Abrams of the moto-boot world. :huh:

LAND_M1A2-SEP.jpg

I'm quite partial to SIDI boots, and their latest offering is the Vortice.

They run $475 USD MSRP, but I found a place online that sells them for $355.45 SHIPPED.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/secYdFfgDmrBmI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Sidi-Vortice/SubProducts/Sidi-Vortice-0001

(ignore the $402 price, that includes VAT which we in North America don't pay)

There are also the Vortice Vernice boots, but they are identical to the Vortice except parts of the black boot are shiny, which I don't like at all. (pics)

Thoughts, opinions, actual user reviews anyone??? :pissed: :wheel:

Vortice on left (likey), Vernice on right (no likey).

Wait, you realize that price is in Euros, right? Maybe you have to go through the calculator and I missed some big discount somewhere. If you have your heart set on them I'd highly recommend trying on a set somewhere first.

• Member Contributer

Or get them in white for half the price..

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/boots/

Those are also in blue/black &red/black for the same price if they are in your size.

I got a pair but haven't ridden in them yet. Like all Sidi products, they are very nice. I have long narrow feet which fits the sidi last well, if you have wide feet, you might have trouble.

• Member Contributer

I have them and they are comfy also have some alpinestars that offer good protection as well . Good luck finding the right ones .

Wait, you realize that price is in Euros, right? Maybe you have to go through the calculator and I missed some big discount somewhere. If you have your heart set on them I'd highly recommend trying on a set somewhere first.

Yes, it says Euros.

When you shop for the boots and go to that page from froogle.com, it shows them in USD and the price is quoted with VAT, and in the checkout there is a separate line listing the amount of included VAT. When you subtract that, it's $355 and change.

We in North America do not pay VAT.

Those are also in blue/black &red/black for the same price if they are in your size.

I got a pair but haven't ridden in them yet. Like all Sidi products, they are very nice. I have long narrow feet which fits the sidi last well, if you have wide feet, you might have trouble.

I had a pair of Sidi Strada Evo Tepor boots and they fit my feet well. My feet are narrow.

• Member Contributer

I've had mine almost a year now. I have the 'Air' version which would probably be of no value to you most of the time but they really move some air around. Not sure any boot is going to help a BR second story get off but these are a pretty stout boots. Has the external brace with a hinge to help keep things in place in a crash. I have not 'oops' tested them but the are comfortable and I'd buy another pair. Little bit of learning needed to get them on the first couple times. This flap under this one over but not a problem for long. :cool:

How about a MRAP instead?

2419130540099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

B2 Gortex ...gets better mileage and tours better????

B2_gortex_600.jpg

I saw those, and they look nice, but they don't seem to offer a TON more protection than my Strada Evo's did. I was wearing those at the time of the crash.

I'm kinda paranoid about my ankle now, and I'm basically going overkill on the safety aspect of my next boot purchase. ....not that there's anything WRONG with that. :cool:

• Member Contributer

I guess boots are like MCs.................you need the right tool for every occasion............and of course there is no perfect boot for everything.

I am looking for another boot too but not sure I need a MIA2....until............... :cool:

• Member Contributer

I've had mine almost a year now. I have the 'Air' version which would probably be of no value to you most of the time but they really move some air around. Not sure any boot is going to help a BR second story get off but these are a pretty stout boots. Has the external brace with a hinge to help keep things in place in a crash. I have not 'oops' tested them but the are comfortable and I'd buy another pair. Little bit of learning needed to get them on the first couple times. This flap under this one over but not a problem for long. :cool:

:goofy: Almost my exact story

I've had the Air Vortice maybe a year also and I like em. I've done maybe 4-5 track days in em and can't complain about the quality. Like was said above though, getting into them is quite the challenge, better give yourself some time as the flap and zipper combo are better tackled by a second person. I bought a set of 1 pc leathers recently which made getting into them that much more difficult so if you have big ankles you might wanna look elsewhere. I leave them on all day so its not a huge issue but if I needed to take them on and off frequently i'd go nuts. I'd suggest if your primarily doing track then look into them, if your doing 50/50 track and street or mostly street i'd suggest maybe something different. Overall Sidi's are a great quality boot and i'll continue to buy them when needed.

• Member Contributer

Have you considered the Falco 305 ESO TT boot? It got good reviews from WebBikeWorld. Falco Review The all black pair look pretty sharp too and it would seem that they have equivalent levels of protection. I need to replace my aging Oxtars and these Falcos are at the top of my list.

veefer800, if you end up getting them from fc-moto please post your impression of the transaction. Thanks

OK, so after much thinking, looking at specs, pictures and contemplating what I really need, I decided to step down one level from the Vortice boots and get the Vertigo Rains.

The Vortice boots, while being super-spiffy and full of GP tech, also looked a bit fiddly to me in terms of their many attachments and adjustments, and the Vertigos have a simple zipper and one calf adjustment.

Also of course, they are the Tepor (rain) version, which is not offered in the Vortice boots at this time.

If they offered a Vortice Rain version, the choice would have been more difficult indeed.

So the ones I got offer more protection than my Strada Evos, and more protection than the B-2's shown above, and I only paid $287 SHIPPED! :beer:

Normally, they are $325 + ship.

vertigo_rain_black_901_detail.jpg

And I got them from http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=2587584

Archived