What a Beautiful Day in Middle TN

I have had a VERY LOOONG week with work. So when I realized the weather was supposed to be beautiful today, I moved all my "socializing" to Saturday and planned to get out for a couple of hours today. My normal Mid TN partners in crime (BR, VFR_TN_Girl, U20Overboy) were all elsewhere, so I decided to grab just a quick ride to "recharge". Well, I wasn't disappointed. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice:

IMG00318.jpg

It was temps of 50-55 for the 150 mile ride. The sky was perfectly blue with ZERO clouds and no wind. I went out to Pucketts, but no one was around, so I kept on going. I grabbed a couple of new roads that I had never or rarely been on and kept the speed moderate and just enjoyed the scenery. AAAAhhhhhhhhh! I feel more sane already!

On a side note, I am running my new Rosso tires. i still have about 1/4" strips, so I haven't been pushing them super hard. I am not sure if it's the temperature and additional clothes or difference in the suspension/tire action, but so far, while they have not done anything wrong, I really haven't felt as good on them as the Diablo. We'll see. Too early to tell at this point. I just came off Diablos, and have another set of Diablos to put on right after the Rossos are dead, so I should have a pretty good comparison when I am finished.

I also always ride now with the "do I really love this bike or do I need a 7th gen" filter going. I can only say that while the 7th gen is really continuing to grow on me, I just can't see me being in a rush to change. I LOVE my VFR!!

Cheaper than a shrink. I got out yesterday afternoon for the same type of ride (my tires are shagged). I feel for our northern brothers already having snow. It was 55 degrees and sunny, perfect day to breath cool fall air. I thought I'd keep my 6th gen so I could get in on that, my bike is better than that crazy new one. Just kidding :biggrin:

Cheaper than a shrink. I got out yesterday afternoon for the same type of ride (my tires are shagged). I feel for our northern brothers already having snow. It was 55 degrees and sunny, perfect day to breath cool fall air. I thought I'd keep my 6th gen so I could get in on that, my bike is better than that crazy new one. Just kidding :491:

yeah, i was out with friends all day/evening yesterday and by late afternoon i was wishing i was riding :ph34r: .

i thought about you today, but knew you would be with family....where did our trip to N GA go this year? :biggrin:

Cheaper than a shrink. I got out yesterday afternoon for the same type of ride (my tires are shagged). I feel for our northern brothers already having snow. It was 55 degrees and sunny, perfect day to breath cool fall air. I thought I'd keep my 6th gen so I could get in on that, my bike is better than that crazy new one. Just kidding :491:

yeah, i was out with friends all day/evening yesterday and by late afternoon i was wishing i was riding :ph34r: .

i thought about you today, but knew you would be with family....where did our trip to N GA go this year? :biggrin:

Just hard to get our weekends lined up. I got the f4i ready for tally next weekend. Are you still thinking about Jennings in Dec. maybe we can make that trip? Have you signed up for Jennings yet? I really wanted to run this bike before I signed up for another day.

Just hard to get our weekends lined up. I got the f4i ready for tally next weekend. Are you still thinking about Jennings in Dec. maybe we can make that trip? Have you signed up for Jennings yet? I really wanted to run this bike before I signed up for another day.

no, i haven't signed up for anymore track days. i can't find an open weekend with a track day on it. with thanksgiving, Christmas, one week in boston for work and the kids being out of school for the holidays, i don't know if i will find a weekend either. right now, the 19th/20th of Dec. is my best bet. lets see how the 7th goes for you and then we'll try and plan it.

• Member Contributer

Glad you had fun, TC. Nothing like a motorcycle ride on a perfect day to recharge. Just got back from W. NC and it's definitely what the doctor ordered. :pissed:

My head doctor VFR is in the garage right now in need of two new tires (in the garage too), new coolant, clutch and brake fluid, brake pads, and me to do it all. It's all therapy! :angry:

• Member Contributer

Sorry I can't ride with y'all at Tally next weekend. My loyalties lie with Jennings, and I need to go there with new tires to set some respectable lap times on the RC51.

C-Grats on the fun ride. Got out today myself for a tellico - Gap run, Awesome day for sure..

Now if we can just get our Snowpacked friends to come down all year long it wil be a blast..

TheOxmole, Rivcyko, Radar, KKKen the Crazy canuck, etc............

Days like today make me dream of a dry Tmac..

Glad you got out TC. It always feels good! :biggrin:

I got out Sunday myself!

Not on the bike of course, but I did go out to eat for the first time and enjoyed a nice meal w/ the g/f. Also got home for a few hours to play with the dogs and poke around the house a little more. Just sat in the front yard in the wonderful sunshine w/ the g/f & dogs by my side. Felt great!!! smile.gif

TC, I'll be watching for a lightly dropped 7th gen to build for myself one day, but that could be a year or two for me, but let me know if you want me to let you know if a nice one comes along! wink.gif

BR

• Member Contributer

It's absolutely true that getting out for a ride changes your mood completely (for the better). It's really quite amazing. It rained off and on (mostly on) all day Saturday, and Sunday was cold, gloomy, and misty. I couldn't take it any longer Sunday, so I went for a 100 mile ride (52 to 46F, windy, and misty). I was dressed appropriately and it was invigorating.

The feeling is like nothing else. Hard to explain, really. I know I could just keep going hour after hour, day after day, but life gets in the way. Can't wait for my next multi-day ride next year (maybe the Maritime Provinces this time).

I'm working on getting the wife to start thinking about taking a multi-month trip once we retire (if we can ever actually do that). I'd be willing to sacrifice and get a Wing so she would be comfortable, and would even consider a trailer so she can take all her "necessities" (whatever the hell they are - never quite figured that out).

I'm working on it.

• Member Contributer

I have had a VERY LOOONG week with work. So when I realized the weather was supposed to be beautiful today, I moved all my "socializing" to Saturday and planned to get out for a couple of hours today. My normal Mid TN partners in crime (BR, VFR_TN_Girl, U20Overboy) were all elsewhere, so I decided to grab just a quick ride to "recharge". Well, I wasn't disappointed. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice:

IMG00318.jpg

It was temps of 50-55 for the 150 mile ride. The sky was perfectly blue with ZERO clouds and no wind. I went out to Pucketts, but no one was around, so I kept on going. I grabbed a couple of new roads that I had never or rarely been on and kept the speed moderate and just enjoyed the scenery. AAAAhhhhhhhhh! I feel more sane already!

On a side note, I am running my new Rosso tires. i still have about 1/4" strips, so I haven't been pushing them supper hard. I am not sure if it's the temperature and additional clothes or difference in the suspension/tire action, but so far, while they have not done anything wrong, I really haven't felt as good on them as the Diablo. We'll see. Too early to tell at this point. I just came off Diablos, and have another set of Diablos to put on right after the Rossos are dead, so I should have a pretty good comparison when I am finished.

I also always ride now with the "do I really love this bike or do I need a 7th gen" filter going. I can only say that while the 7th gen is really continuing to grow on me, I just can't see me being in a rush to change. I LOVE my VFR!!

Nice Thread Dale... :fing02: ...Hmmmmmm, that left hander,Barn, and Silo look a little familiar.... :rolleyes: Glad You got out....really great day...if I hadn't just gotten back from 4 days of ridin' I mighta' came down with a "virus" today myself...... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Hey skuuter, you weren't by any chance in CT yesterday, were you? While I was out I passed a DN-01 going the other direction. It was the same color as yours and the rider had a hi-vis jacket on. I immediately thought of you.

Today is 70 °F and clear skies on the Texas/Arkansas border. I'm looking forward to my 20 mile therapy ride before I hit the home office for Work - Round 2.

• Member Contributer

Hey skuuter, you weren't by any chance in CT yesterday, were you? While I was out I passed a DN-01 going the other direction. It was the same color as yours and the rider had a hi-vis jacket on. I immediately thought of you.

Nope, not me yesterday....... :goofy: ....I was on my way Home from the FALL RUCKUS SCOOTER RALLY on my Elite 110 Scooter...... :rolleyes: .....Glad I was bein' thought of though...... :fing02: :goofy: :beer:

Sorry I can't ride with y'all at Tally next weekend. My loyalties lie with Jennings, and I need to go there with new tires to set some respectable lap times on the RC51.

[/quo

I'll get down to Jennings one of these days. Need a bud to split the cost of gas as its a pretty good haul from here.It won't be long and Dale will be jonesin to get down there

Archived