Uniqlo Heattech Undergarments

KevCarver

UNIQLO

Anyone heard of these or tried them out? Sounds promising for riding in the cooler/colder months. Something nice and thin to wear under riding gear.

Uni Qlo is a Japanese semi-fashion clothing chain- kind of like the Gap. Nothing in there fits big Gaijin bodies (been there tried that), but if you're built like Dani Pedrosa, give it a shot.

edit: Just noticed they're doing global sales now, so maybe the sizes might be OK. But not in their Japan stores!

• Member Contributer
Isnt it like underarmour cold weather gear?

If it is, it's one hell of a lot cheaper!

hmm, $15.50 us is pretty damn good, the turtle-neck might be the go, keep the neck toasty as well.

So as its coming into summer down here, I expect one of you Northern Hemi guys will do a test for us? smile.gif

• Member Contributer
I got pretty warm when I hit that home page. :biggrin:

D*mn! Me too! But those girls looked like they are 16 years old! I would never have said a few years ago.... I must be getting old myself...

c

• Member Contributer

Well I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I just ordered a shirt and pants. Even with shipping from Japan, it's less than the price of just one piece of Under Armour. Can't go too wrong for that price. If they suck, then I'll just break down and get the UA. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get them.

• Member Contributer

Well I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I just ordered a shirt and pants. Even with shipping from Japan, it's less than the price of just one piece of Under Armour. Can't go too wrong for that price. If they suck, then I'll just break down and get the UA. I'll let you guys know what I think when I get them.

Oh cool! Be sure to let us know how long it took. Also how the fit is.

What did you order, prices, s&h costs?

• Member Contributer

What did you order, prices, s&h costs?

I got 1 long sleeve shirt and 1 pair of short pants, for about $15.50 each. The shipping came to around $9 from Japan and they say it takes about a week to arrive. I've ordered stuff domestically that took longer.

I'm too impatient of a youngin to wait for the test to finish, so I'll be a guinea pig aswell. I looked through and I'm ordering 2 long sleeve T's (one w/ turtle neck and one with crew) and 1 pair of long johns... They're telling me about 1 week for shipping aswell and all total my order came out to 57 and change -crosses fingers- If these are comfy and warm, I could just well be riding until the first freak snowstorm hits! =)

I think Gents that is getting time for me to get out all my UA Cold Gear and review what needs to be replaced or supplemented. I think in three years of wearing it, I've worn out on top and two pairs of bottoms. But then again, I still think I managed to get some battery acid on the one pair of bottoms.

UA ain't cheap, but it has never ever let me down.

Little secret though, find a UA Outlet store and get the irregulars/imperfects. Last fall I bought two new shirts for like $13 each because the silk screened front UA emblem was wrinkled.

REI also has some good quality undergarments. If you go with the REI brand they are pretty reasonable ($30). For me they have the added bonus of coming in tall sizes. REI Long underware. They also have an outlet site where you can score some deals. Minus - you have to be a member (I think its pretty cheap).

Action

• Member Contributer

I looked them up they call them factory house's

Here is a link to the find a store page

UA find a store

Oh, they have one in Sevierville, TN. I'll have to stop in there one of these days when I'm in town.

I stopped in there the other day but couldn't find any smokin deals there on the cold gear. All I could find were in $40-$60 range. One clearance rack, but nothing much interesting there..

• Member Contributer

I looked them up they call them factory house's

Here is a link to the find a store page

UA find a store

Oh, they have one in Sevierville, TN. I'll have to stop in there one of these days when I'm in town.

I stopped in there the other day but couldn't find any smokin deals there on the cold gear. All I could find were in $40-$60 range. One clearance rack, but nothing much interesting there..

same here.. we have one out in Lancaster.. DID get a winter jacket for a C-note (which was better than half off) but for the shirts and such, the deals weren't much to write home about.

• Member Contributer

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. But I got my Uniglo stuff earlier this week. Wore it to work on Tues., low temp around 40. It seemed to do the job, though I have nothing to compare it too. It wasn't too hot at work, but I walk around campus a lot, and it wasn't very warm that day. The only time I got hot was when I was at my parents' house (my mom is always cold so cranks the heat) and then I was wrestling with my 4 year old son. But that's to be expected. I haven't had the chance to try them again, but will next week.

Overall I'd say I'm satisfied. Like I said, I never tried UnderArmour or anything like it. This is my first venture into it. Would I recommend them? For the price, most definitely. And the shipping from Japan was fast and not to badly priced.

REI also has some good quality undergarments. If you go with the REI brand they are pretty reasonable ($30). For me they have the added bonus of coming in tall sizes. REI Long underware. They also have an outlet site where you can score some deals. Minus - you have to be a member (I think its pretty cheap).

Action

I'm a REI nut, I use their summer wicking under gear, and the winter under gear as well....

One thing as far as being a member. It could have changed somewhere in the last 20 years, but being a member was an option, members get a dividend at the end of the year, according to how much you spend...

Archived