What Do You Use?

crazybrother

Question

• Member Contributer

Hey guy's on our last trip. We had a great time, the only problem that we encountered was no way to lock the thrrottle (cruise control). I've heard of several different options on this. So my question is what do you guy's use and how do you like it?

TIA

George.

• Member Contributer

I use a simple $20 NEP throttle lock. It works just fine and can be removed or put on in about 30 seconds. It's not as high quality as a Throttlemeister but I'd rather save some money and put it toward the purchase of Slick50 :cool:

Here is LINK

Regards,

Rollin

I use the throttle rocker (wide). 10 bucks and it works extremely well. It's nice since you can still make throttle adjustments easily, but takes all the pressure off your hand. For 10 bucks it cant hurt to give it a go :biggrin:

NEP throttle lock.....have had the same one for over 2 years now....$20, no problems, no complaints. Best gadget for my bike so far.

Once you dial it in correctly, you can cruise long enough to relieve your hand, wave to the cows...etc...a blessing for long trips... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I've been putting off the cruise control thing for awhile now. I just revisited MC Cruise website, and now they offer a kit for the ABS models as well. It only requires the deletion of the stock evap canister. Although it isn't cheap at $735ish plus shipping. This set-up would be FABULOUS going across Kansas and back for the Summer Summit.

I've been putting off the cruise control thing for awhile now. I just revisited MC Cruise website, and now they offer a kit for the ABS models as well. It only requires the deletion of the stock evap canister. Although it isn't cheap at $735ish plus shipping. This set-up would be FABULOUS going across Kansas and back for the Summer Summit.

Only $735ish plus shipping, plus elaborate installation??!!! :biggrin: YIKES!! You could buy a LOT of Slick50 for that! I'm sure it is a precision system, but...alas, only for the well-heeled motorcyclist.

Currently using the NEP and a wide Crampbuster paddle device in between lock downs. I didn't like the Crampbuster at first, but found that if you slide it all the way to the outside of the grip it's quite comfortable.

• Member Contributer
Although it isn't cheap at $735ish plus shipping.

HOLY CRAP!!! :biggrin: Replacing the complete cruise control system in my SUV wasn't that much. (Fortunately, the warranty covered it anyway) but just sayin'. There's a lot more things I could think of to spend $735 on than just a throttle lock. Some high end video systems are less. I've done trans-NE and trans-KS trips before and defintitly did not have $735 worth of wrist pain....

I use the Vista Cruise($24):

VistaCruise.jpg

along with the Throttle Boss($12):

d_1735.jpg

The Throttle Boss is the best rest type I have found/tried. The Vista cruise is cheap and minimal. I have done many long days with both, no hand cramps. I use the Vista Cruise even on my 10 mile commute, and of course the Throttle Boss doesn't even have to be thought about.

• Member Contributer

Vista cruise. $17. Use my ignition key to snug it every couple hundred KM.

Wish I would have bought 3 cause it's the best MOD I ever done did.

• Member Contributer

I have a Throttlemeister and its good stuff. I only use it to rest my hand though so unless my hand gets tired or cramped I never engage it. It also takes out a bit more vibes than the stock weights did.

ive been using this for a coupla years now

THROTTLE1.jpg

the only drawback is that if you forget about it, you may hit it by accident and jerk forward. So you have to stop and take it off once you get to the twisties. I only put it on for trips over an hour.

you can add a proper electronic cruise for about $160, and do not have to take any thing off! and they work like a million bucks!

here is a link to the install in my vstrom, to give you some idea about the awsome Rosta cruise! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO CRUISE!

http://stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=37860

Is that you in your avatar there?

:biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Throttlemeister heavies. Haven't used any other product.

Cost aside, I wouldn't anyway. The TM is great.

I just put on the heavy Throttlemiesters and have to say they work great. I have not tested them on a long ride yet but it is very nice to be able to stretch and give a break to the right hand like I can do with the left. It is really easy to get used to using and the vibration reduction is a big plus also.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guy's for all the replies. :biggrin: I actually live near Ca. Sport Touring, so I'll head on over to see what they got this week.

you can add a proper electronic cruise for about $160, and do not have to take any thing off! and they work like a million bucks!

here is a link to the install in my vstrom, to give you some idea about the awsome Rosta cruise! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO CRUISE!

http://stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=37860

Is that you in your avatar there?

:biggrin:

I'm uzidzit on strom trooper no avatar ........................sorry to dash your hopes ( I guess we know what turns tightwads crank don't we;).

basso and I were independant collabrators on the rosta.

• Member Contributer

I love my VistaCruise, best $20 you can spend. And if set up right, you don't have to retighten it very often (every couple of months of heavy riding).

• Member Contributer

OK guy's so I went to CA. Sport Touring on Tuesday. And purchased 2 sets of Vista Cruise throttle locks, one for me & one for the wifes bike. :laugh: When I got home, and tried to install both of them. No luck, they will not fit on either bike. So today I went back and found out that there is no Throttle lock for the 6th Gen VFR. My only option is the Throttle Miester... I did however get the right Vista Cruise for the wifes bike (Yamaha FZ6) it uses the universal model. So now my question is where do I find the best price for the Throttle Miester??

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
OK guy's so I went to CA. Sport Touring on Tuesday. And purchased 2 sets of Vista Cruise throttle locks, one for me & one for the wifes bike. :biggrin: When I got home, and tried to install both of them. No luck, they will not fit on either bike. So today I went back and found out that there is no Throttle lock for the 6th Gen VFR. My only option is the Throttle Miester... I did however get the right Vista Cruise for the wifes bike (Yamaha FZ6) it uses the universal model. So now my question is where do I find the best price for the Throttle Miester??

Thanks.

The universal 7/8" one works.

The only problem is that with any throttle lock that clamps down on the bar, the distance between the control pod and the bar ends is reduced, and the rubber stock grip now rubs on both, slowing the automatic throttle return if you take your hand off the control. Yes, this is the affect you're going for, but only with the throttle lock engaged, you want your throttle to return to nothing if you fall of the bike.

• Member Contributer

Crampbuster, works great for me, but you got get used to it a bit and be careful at first. About $10 or so. Best $10 invested to reduce fatigue, after a dark helmet shield which also reduces fatigue a lot.

ppm

Archived