Anyone Tried Agv Sport Leathers

timmythecop

In a few days, the UPS man will bring me a set of AGV Sport Forza leathers. I know I just got my old ones back, but they are as some of youse guys noted 10-15 years old. So without my own full consent :biggrin: , I clicked when I should have maybe counted to 10.

They look ok, and luckily I didnt pay a whole lot, but I dont know much about AGV stuff. My last AGV product was a Kenny Roberts Yellow and Black eagle helmet in the 80's.

What am I in for?

At least they are not purple.

dustintrackweb%20(24).jpg

They sure look snazzy....what'd those beers set you back?

I don't drink. I shop impulsively. I can't imagine what would happen if I mixed the two.

I don't drink. I shop impulsively. I can't imagine what would happen if I mixed the two.

Thats the silver lining, 200 bones shipped.

• Member Contributer
They sure look snazzy....what'd those beers set you back?

I drink and shop impulsively, but don't ever feel the urge to combine the two. Maybe I should drink more. :beer:

Kneedragger has some reviews, if these are the samw

• Member Contributer
Better than riding around naked. :fing02:

I'm pretty sure I can speak for anyone who's met Timmy... no one wants to see him do that.

good score Timmy!

thats about 213 dollors cheeper than i have seen them at any online retailer. So I would say you did very well drunk shoping. Lets get a review of those things as I have been eying those and the next step up at 449.00.

• Member Contributer
thats about 213 dollors cheeper than i have seen them at any online retailer. So I would say you did very well drunk shoping. Lets get a review of those things as I have been eying those and the next step up at 449.00.

Kneedraggers currently has the one-piece Forza for $349 and the two-piece for $325.

Definitely a good deal....

Kneedraggers AGV suits

I think AGV still related to Prexport, that's been around for many years already. They basically cover the middle and lower sector of the bike apparel industry, coming from Europe, but mostly sourcing/assembling their products in countries like Pakistan. Never had any of their leathers, but I do have an old "Canyon" curdura jacket. I did look at AGV/Prexport products closely, many times I have been looking for leathers. I just did not end up buying from them for some reason.

Real good value for the price most of their stuff is, but you have to choose towards their higher line of their products to make sure you have adequate quality cause I've seen bad stuff from them too, mostly in their lowest price models. Theyu are similar to Tekniks in many ways with Tekniks generally just slightly higher in quality these days, IMO. Prexport does not seem to have as big a presence in the US as they did about a decade ago, but I think the present AGV models, like the one in your pic looks to be very well made and detailed. Just make sure it's not not the ones worn by the Geico cavemen, I think those in the commercial look a bit thin and cheaply made.

Beck

95 VFR

They basically cover the middle and lower sector of the bike apparel industry

valentino_rossi_helmet_03.jpg

Me say AGV is very OK!!

I have a suspiscion that most all WSK and MotoGP types have their leathers and helmets constructed by one company (or the company of their choosing) and then they just put the patch or stickers on for sponsorship reasons. My brother was telling me that when he was teching bikes for Formula USA, every single bike had an RK cvhain on it regardless of the Regina ,DID, or whatever sticker was on the swingarm.

Just wear them while changing the oil and cleaning the chain... they will blend in to the rest of the gear in no time flat.. or better yet remind yourself how much money you saved by purchasing those insted of the $2500 A-stars.

• Member Contributer

Thats the silver lining, 200 bones shipped.

Good deal! Did they have any others? Thanks, JD

I have a pair of thier leather pants..nice stuff IMO..for a great price...even thought the big $$$ brands flow more air ( if your going the prefferated route)....if you dont lke them you cn send them to me!!!! :huh:

I'm currently on my third set of AGV leathers... out of four set's I've had. My current set is just like yours. If I were to buy another set, I'd probably get them again. That's the best endorsement I know of.

The Forza one piece has a strange piece of shin armor, you may find it uncomfortable under your boot, or just above your boot... especially off the bike. It's very protective though. You can swap it out for regular knee armor, or cut the one you have down if you want. I've just gotten used to mine.

If I were to buy another set, I'd probably get them again. That's the best endorsement I know of.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about the project.

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Hell you got a 2 piece leather suit for 200 bucks AND drank??? A case of beer in the great white is almost 200 bucks :lobby: You know universal healthcare and all :pissed:

Nice deal you got Timmy, I have the same suit (2pc), Been wearing for 2 years.. Held up good so far..

Only Cons I can say are.

Jacket zipper pull broke off last summer so I use a zip tie to pull it up.

Leather is a little stiff compared to my New Fs Flex 1pc.

to get the right length they were a bit big in the waist..

No crash review as I never went down in them but I have seen other suits that had and they held up well..

Gap Trash has Asphalt luged his several times and no problems that I know of..

I paid 299.00 for mine 2 years ago and if I could have found them for the same price I would have gotten AGV again. Although I am VERY glad I went with the FS flex suit now that I have it and it was a bit more $$$.

• 1 month later...

Archived