1st Ride In 2009

• Member Contributer

HPIM1688.jpg

Birds have begun singing, plants slowly start wakeing up.

Time to get the VFR from the shed!

I had put the bike away fully tanked up, but what do you always check and top up as well??

HPIM1655.jpg

Here some pictures from my area

ZOMERDIJK.jpg

HPIM1668.jpg

We do have sweepers...

BOCHT.jpg

HPIM1684.jpg

Spring is also the time willow trees need pruning the shoots (calles "toes"), otherwise they become top heavy and fall/tear.

HPIM1681.jpg

HPIM1679.jpg

HEKENDORP.jpg

WOERDEN.jpg

A BIG thank you to the Harley rider coming from the opposite that signalled me to slow down.

A big finger to the subsequent Goldwing rider who didnot bother even to return me greeting, let alone warn me too...

Anyway, I slowed down to 60 (was doing 2x that) , and yep by the time I came round a sweeper there was the plod with their lasergun, hiding in the bush.....

This is what they ride over here

HPIM1657.jpg

and here a lady gets the bad news

HPIM1658.jpg

And how does a Dutchman transport his kids?

HPIM1688.jpg

Bring on 2009!!!

Great report, how did you get that close to the police? Lucky the Harley rider gave you the warning. Funny how some bikers are too clicky to wave to you, I bet he would of warned a fellow goldwing rider... sad but true.

damn, you dutchy. i don't have my plate yet!

going in to the RDW next monday!

hey next monday, me dutchy and v4 rosso are meeting in Utrecht. After you get your plate, you should ride over and join us!

hey next monday, me dutchy and v4 rosso are meeting in Utrecht. After you get your plate, you should ride over and join us!

that's a tight schedule. not sure if i can manage to figure out insurance as well, within those confines.... although i will have temporary insurance for the day. too early to push my luck, you think?

• Member Contributer

you mean next monday as in next monday, not this one. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Great report, how did you get that close to the police? Lucky the Harley rider gave you the warning. Funny how some bikers are too clicky to wave to you, I bet he would of warned a fellow goldwing rider... sad but true.

Well I pulled over, told the plod that I was lucky getting warned :goofy: , asked if it eas ok to take a picture. no problemo.

you mean next monday as in next monday, not this one. :goofy:

Monday next, I'm flying out of Ice Station Zebra USA, tonite. See you on the 9th.

Great pics Dutchy, I like the panorama shots, is this a feature on your camera or do you use some kind of special software to make those?

Is the weather good enough for me to get the keys to the ZX7?

At the moment it looks very good. Forecast for next monday is 10C and <1mm. rain (not that there is such a thing as a reliable wheaterforcast

that's a tight schedule. not sure if i can manage to figure out insurance as well, within those confines.... although i will have temporary insurance for the day. too early to push my luck, you think?

If you have plates, insurance is just a phonecall away.

• Member Contributer
Great pics Dutchy, I like the panorama shots, is this a feature on your camera or do you use some kind of special software to make those?

I use a program called Panorama Maker from Arcsoft

It came free with one of my HP camera's I think......

It is idiot proof and yes one can make some really nice image....

H0044718-P.jpg

Inverie, Scotland

Stitched_009.jpg

Looking out over The Outer Hebrides

H0016203-P.jpg

another dike.... :goofy:

DANG!!!!! My bike is still waiting for the mail to bring the rest of her winter upgrade parts. It has been nice enough here to ride, and have seen several bikes on the road. Unfortunately mine is not road worthy, Soon hopefully, as Valencia is rapidly approaching, nice pics by the way!!!

• Member Contributer
DANG!!!!! My bike is still waiting for the mail to bring the rest of her winter upgrade parts. It has been nice enough here to ride, and have seen several bikes on the road. Unfortunately mine is not road worthy, Soon hopefully, as Valencia is rapidly approaching, nice pics by the way!!!

and remember you will always have a place to stay overnite......

Ooh.... makes me want to visit the Netherlands again! (This time, you'd better be home!)

Not sure when that will be - we're DEFINITELY going, just haven't fixed a date yet. This time, we'll be based near Almere, so we'll be closer to your home than last time.

One of the newest employees of our company is Dutch (actually based in the Netherlands, as we own a company there). He lives in Zaanstad, I think he said.

• Member Contributer
Ooh.... makes me want to visit the Netherlands again! (This time, you'd better be home!)

Not sure when that will be - we're DEFINITELY going, just haven't fixed a date yet. This time, we'll be based near Almere, so we'll be closer to your home than last time.

One of the newest employees of our company is Dutch (actually based in the Netherlands, as we own a company there). He lives in Zaanstad, I think he said.

Next time you are here,

let's do lunch!!!!

HPIM1138.jpg

:goofy:

2 euro! that's too much.

i think they should drop the prices to 1 euro from 1.20 or so (for the tasty kroket)... just for simplicity sake.

Dang, I hope I had roads in that condission here also, but just snap a pic what I see outside my front door..

gallery_880_2573_54038.jpg

No risk for a ride yet...

Well I still dont have my 800 in my garage.... but lather this week I will :goofy: (should have been today but two thing canged that :fing02: )

Nice pics Dutchy +1.gif sure enjoyed them in my wait for the ride season to begun :laugh:

Archived