Why Is Alaska An Island?

• Member Contributer

:dry: I was wondering why on your map we look like an island like Hawaii? And I was wondering if there were any VFRD members up here to ride with or plan a trip this summer?

There are a few ride groups up here, but it would be nice to get with some other VFR Alaskans and swap stories...

• Member Contributer
:dry: I was wondering why on your map we look like an island like Hawaii? And I was wondering if there were any VFRD members up here to ride with or plan a trip this summer?

There are a few ride groups up here, but it would be nice to get with some other VFR Alaskans and swap stories...

Welcome aboard, my man. I've been up many times. Several to snowboard. Couldn't quite convince them to bring my bike as baggage. As you know it is quite a hop up there and up there is almost 1/3 the size of the lower 48. Can't fit it without including one third of Canada too. Anyway...next time I come up I will shout and see if you are still riding...on the ice. Careful out there among those Athabaskans

wrestler

• Member Contributer
I heard that Sara Palin Has a flat black VFR.

Just sayin'........

When she's on it, would she be considered a farkle?

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure which map your talkin' about, but it if one like in my siggy line, that is just how it is saved when it's created. BTW, I LOVE Alaska. I was stationed there at Elmendorf for 3 1/2 years and loved every minute of it. In fact that's where I met my wonderful wife, she was in the AF also. I don't think VFRD was around back in '99 when I left, plus I didn't own a VFR at the time anyway. Although I did do plenty of riding during the 6-month riding seasons. A friend and I rode to the Arctic Circle, him on a CBR900rr and me on my Nighthawk 750 (currently my wifes bike).

US.jpg

Then another friend and I rode to AK from Kansas City, MO in July of '05. We went all the way to Deadhorse/Prudoe Bay and on our way took this picture.BentonMikeArcticCircle16Jul05.jpg

The jack a$$ on the right (that's me!) stood in front of the sign where it says "Circle" so I guess we'll have to come back to take a better picture. Then we went back down to the Homer Spit. We must have gone right by you in Kenai, I think we stopped in Soldotna for lunch. I don't know of many curvy roads other than the Seward HWY, especially from Girdwood to the south side of Anchorage. Anyway, take care, ride safe and when we start planning our next ride to "The Last Frontier" I'll be sure to drop you a line.

Just sayin'........

Is that part of the new "Caribou Barbie" playset? :dry:

you are close to pushing your own panic button, mr. s

• Member Contributer
:fing02: I was wondering why on your map we look like an island like Hawaii?

Because it is sepparated from the civilization by a large body of ... Well, nothing :dry:

Because it is sepparated from the civilization by a large body of ... Well, nothing :dry:

ssshhhhh rice. we dont want to hurt the kanuckian's feewings! becides, with two mods from there you might just disap......

There is a large amount of Molson and hockey sticks between here and there! :fing02:

There is a large amount of Molson and hockey sticks between here and there! :fing02:

I've always wondered:

To Canadians get all upset when they get an American penny in thier change?

AKVFRGUY - If I ever fulfill my dream of riding to Alaska I'll let you know when I'm headed up. :dry:

I've always wondered:

With the US Dollar tanking, maybe. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
:blink: I was wondering why on your map we look like an island like Hawaii?

Because it is sepparated from the civilization by a large body of ... Well, nothing :unsure:

There is a large amount of Molson and hockey sticks between here and there! :laugh:

I've always wondered:

Those US pennies are perfect to put in those machines for tourists that flatten them up and make little dinosaurs out of them, like at Drumheller and many museums for instance. And it ain't even against the law cause it is not Canadian money!! Just trying to be a good citizen...

PPM

Just sayin'........

When she's on it, would she be considered a farkle?

Mmmmmmmm, farkles...............Where can I get one of those? I need a Sarah Palin farkle, it looks so good. Huh, what? Crap! The wife is coming!!! Bye!!!

• Member Contributer

Well thanks for all the replies. Hope to some day make a trip south to the lower 48 and I will post if that ever happens. Hondalover you were right when you went to Homer and stopped in Soldotna. You were about 11 miles from my house. But you past one of the best curves on the Penninsula. It is a road called Funny River Road of all names. It was paved in 2002 and is alot of fun to ride. This is were we go to lose our chicken strips. But if your not careful you will lose more then that. It is only 10' lanes with no shoulders. After a few winters the road has gotten a little sketchy but that just adds to the excitment. In the next couple of years I am hopping to maybe buy another bike from the lower 48 and ride back. Sad thing is I already have my dream bike (2000 VFR) and I would be buying an off brand. lol Again if any one is planning to come north let me know, and maybe I'll get Palin to ride with us. J/K We do have the best looking Gov. and she like guns to. LOL

Archived