1. 1. Select yours

• 1st Gen
    • 2nd Gen
    • 3rd Gen
    • 4th Gen
    • 5th Gen
    • 6th Gen

• Member Contributer

Ok guy's lets find out which is the most popular Year (Gen) of VFR. You can choose more than one. But I'm looking for the one that you like the most. The one that you ride most often. This should be fun. :warranty:

I'm thinking production numbers and greater availability of the newest models will make them appear more "popular". But its not an accurate poll for popularity.

I'm thinking production numbers and greater availability of the newest models will make them appear more "popular". But its not an accurate poll for popularity.

The poll should really read, "If you could own any Gen, which one would it be?"

• Member Contributer

Wasn't meant to be a scientific poll, just trying to find out what we have & like to ride. :fing02: I also heard that the 6th Gen didn't sell very well. that's why they are stopping production. I think that Honda only kept on making the 6th Gen to recoup production costs, while only making some small refinements along the way (no major changes over the last 6 to 7 years). Just my 2c.

dang i didn't realize how popular the 6th gens where...... lesson learned.....
(chas4vfr @ Jun 21 2008, 10:28 AM)

• Member Contributer

From one 6th gen to another. I thought about getting a 5th gen second time around but the looks of the sixth just say "shwing!"

• Member Contributer

:fing02: +1.gif

• Member Contributer

:fing02: +1.gif

I second that Plus One! You can compare the 5th and 6th gen. by number of votes divided by number of years in production and say that the 5th gen. is more popular.

The poll should really read, "If you could own any Gen, which color would it be?"

Easy question, RWB.

• Member Contributer
I thought about getting a 5th gen second time around but the looks of the sixth just say "shwing!"

gallery_5128_669_78167.jpg

Mistresses.jpg You vant shving? I give you shving!!

You have to factor in attrition from crashes, accidental farkle fires, wear and tear, for the numbers on the older generation VFR count.

The numbers might be closer if you do. Albeit, the 6th gen is still popular.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Well, I'd heard that all you 6th-gen owners had been chased away from the VF/VFR List by incessant anti-VTEC prejudice, but didn't really believe it, until now!

I think the poll works fine as a gauge of the bikes owned by active members of this Web site.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

By the poll, and the question asked, it will be 6th Gen...........this thread also will probably, at some point, turn into a bash thread, and get disastrous.................. :rolleyes:

You have to factor in attrition from crashes, accidental farkle fires, wear and tear, for the numbers on the older generation VFR count.

The numbers might be closer if you do. Albeit, the 6th gen is still popular.

Actually what happens is VFR owners get the urge for more performance, and move on to 1000cc sportsbikes and the like... so the ranks of 'enthusiasts' who would want to be a part of forums such as this are thinned over the duration of each Gen. In my experience anyway... I still whip 'em though :goofy:

Actually I'm glad the poll asks what Gen VFR you own, rather than specifically what Gen VFR you ride... otherwise I'd be technically ineligible to respond :rolleyes:

gallery_5128_669_78167.jpg

Now that is dead sexy! 'Torocharger Inside' ?? Sure looks like it could pack a punch to match its looks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Currently I have and ride an 86 VFR700F2 and a 2002 VTEC./ I have owned a 92, a 94, and a 98. Each has been great, but when you ride the older previous generations you can certainly see the differences and (IMHO) improvements. Having said that, the engine in the 98 was the best!

:laugh:

Ducking now

Yep.

But then again, I already own the Gen I want ... 3rd Gen! :laugh: :idea3:

• Member Contributer

:laugh: agree with that..... that was an easy prediction vote.. good to see numbers validate theories though...

• Member Contributer
Now that is dead sexy! 'Torocharger Inside' ?? Sure looks like it could pack a punch to match its looks!

Thanks! It runs pretty well as-is, but the Torocharger would be just the ticket. I'll be installing a Torocharger in Silver#788's 5th gen (he committed to the waiting list very early), so I'll have to see how I like the results before I commit to the expense.

No offense to the 5th gen, but I really use to want one, before I saw one in person. The sixth gen is the bike for me. I have made some performance mods to mine, so it runs, just the way I like it now.

• Member Contributer

Had a 91 in red till somebody took it and my lane from me at the end of 2001. Went to a brand new 02 and have to say - I loved my 91 but I think the 02 is a far better bike especially in black :unsure:

Archived