1,015 members have voted

1. 1. Select yours

• 1st Gen
    • 2nd Gen
    • 3rd Gen
    • 4th Gen
    • 5th Gen
    • 6th Gen

I had a '99 (some asshat took it while I was on my honeymoon) and I have a '08 now. I like the handing on the 08. It feels dependable and inspires trust. I dont care for the v-tec. If I could change one thing about the vfr it would be give me back my gear driven cam.

-Jason

My 2007 Special Ed. - Rothmans

Remus Cans & Rear Hugger

vfr027.jpg

Flight Control - Birds eye view of the cockpit.

Pazzo Levers, Anodised barends & res caps, Piug Dbl Bubble Drk Screen.

vfr034.jpg

• Member Contributer

Isn't 6th gen the longest production run out of any vfr gen? i guess thats the reason for the higher numbers

strange why Honda only produced 5th gen for 3 yrs when its regarded as one of the best of the VFR's

• Member Contributer
Wasn't meant to be a scientific poll, just trying to find out what we have & like to ride. +1.gif I also heard that the 6th Gen didn't sell very well. that's why they are stopping production. I think that Honda only kept on making the 6th Gen to recoup production costs, while only making some small refinements along the way (no major changes over the last 6 to 7 years). Just my 2c.

i didn't know they are stopping production. so is this the last year for VFR or is there a new gen in the works ?

• Member Contributer

I ride the best year ever made "2008" VFR w/ abs. By the way its the best and quickest color as well. Did I mention that its quicksilver. 6th gen to answer the question and stay on topic. +1.gif

wow, this poll is showing my poor 87 in the VAST minority of VFR's around here. admittedly, id love to get my hands on a 6th gen (the RWB or the maroon both just do it for me), but regardless of how many bikes i ever own, i dont think ill ever let my 87 go. it has way more personality than 90% of the bikes i see today, and a cool factor that you just cant find with any other bike (besides, the 1st gen VFR is my favorite way ive ever seen ANYBODY to tell HD to f*** off!)

• Member Contributer
Isn't 6th gen the longest production run out of any vfr gen? i guess thats the reason for the higher numbers

strange why Honda only produced 5th gen for 3 yrs when its regarded as one of the best of the VFR's

let's see...........98, 99, 2000, 2001.................yep, three years! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

let's see...........98, 99, 2000, 2001.................yep, three years! :unsure:

I see we all took math in schuul. :biggrin:

vince

• 3 weeks later...

let's see...........98, 99, 2000, 2001.................yep, three years! :goofy:

I see we all took math in schuul. :rolleyes:

vince

Ok ... let's all count together ... one, two, three, three!! Yep ... three years! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Currently a 6th gen (2003) with 51,000 miles (55,000 after the next 3 week trip).

Hopefully a 7th gen in the future.gallery_2084_112_152980.jpg

Carbon Fiber clutch cover & clear turn signals

gallery_2084_112_160573.jpg

gallery_2084_112_293733.jpg

bike08left.JPG

gallery_2084_112_12061.jpg

Well, as an official "old guy" I truly love my VERY 1st gen 83 VF750F and 84 VF1000F's. However, that said I am on a mission to buy a brand new left over RWB 2007. Gonna sell off some of my old ones to finance the purchase, keep the 1000F/R project so I can have old and new in the garage and enough room to actually put my truck in there too! Currently have 7 bikes and tools, parts, compressor etc. in the 2 car garage so not much room for anything else.

• Member Contributer

Ok, gotta put in a vote for us ol' guys.........

See Front Page, Image #3, the one on the left (next to Shaynej' rwb)

We RWBs hang out a lot !

'86 700F :fing02:

Tom, you can fit at least 5 more bikes in that garage. Come on now. :fing02:

OK, So I am a whiner. I still need to get the truck and a car in there when the snow flies. The real reason is that I just want a RWB VFR800 and we both know that nature abhors space in a garage and since you left with that roller frame.......... Gonna stop tomorrow and try and make a deal on a left over non ABS model. They also have an ABS model too, but I could use the extra $1000 for other stuff like food and house money or tools since Harbor Freight is soooooo close. :squid: Let you know more tomorrow night. :pissed:

• Member Contributer
geez another vfr topic in the non vfr forum

Sorry HS, I thought I put it in the correct forum :mellow: At least it did what I thought it would do... Got us all talking about our Bikes, that we Love so much :fing02:

• 2 months later...

I own a '98, but can't ride it yet (at least, legally) because I have no plates; still awaiting KY state approval for my "rehabilitation" of a salvaged bike. This really sucks, because the bike was in perfect condition asides from scrapes, scratches and bodywork cracks, most of which I have repaired. It actually looks OK now, too.

• Member Contributer

I bought my 5th Gen for a variety of reasons but would have purchased a 4th or 6th Gen bike if the right one had come along. I do like the gear driven cams and fuel injection, which were two reasons I went with a 5th Gen vs the others.

• Member Contributer
Well if we could just get the other 12,000 remaining members to answer the pole we might have a realistic view! :blink:

12,000 :cool: That's what I get for taking a nap.

Archived