Check The New Mod!

house

Well this is one you won't see every day smile.gif The folks at work have been calling me House for months (was using a cane for a couple of months cause I hate crutches.) So I grabbed my handicap sticker today and slapped it on the mirror and took a snap for you guys. Can you tell my dorky butt is gald to be back on a bike? Enjoy...

hcap2.jpg

• Member Contributer

You may want to check out the TV show "House." In the show, the Hugh Laurie character (Dr. House) uses a cane and rides a Repsol Honda -- modified to carry his cane. :thumbsup:

You may want to check out the TV show "House." In the show, the Hugh Laurie character (Dr. House) uses a cane and rides a Repsol Honda -- modified to carry his cane. :thumbsup:

The funny thing is, I had never heard of that before. I really don't watch too much TV, so when they started calling me house, I had to tivo and episode and check it out. The guys at work were all like "hey house, what's up?" My dumb a$$ just started back at them with a blank stare cause I had no idea what they were talking about.

OK, so this 6th gen doesn't have gear driven cams and has only halve the valves working below 6400rpm. But does that qualify the bike to be parked in a parking spot for the crippled?

I guess it does :beer:

Congrats on the new ride Will :rolleyes:

Hmmm...I think that is the RIGHT mirror stem. :rolleyes:

Still concussed I think <_<

They said it would be up to a year before my brain is all the way normal wink.gif It's all in how you look at the bike :P

• Member Contributer

more fun facts:

Hugh Laurie is not a real doctor, but he does play one on TV. However, he is actually a motorcycle enthusiast. That detail of the "House" character was written in to the storyline to take advantage of this. In real life he rides a Triumph.

I thought it curious that the few times I saw that show, I thought Laurie had a subtle accent, but couldn't place what part of the country it might be from. Turns out he's not even from the american continent. He's been quoted saying the hardest part of the "House" role, is supressing his very heavy British accent.

• Member Contributer

more fun facts:

"House" role, is supressing his very heavy British accent.

He also played as the father in the "Stuart Little" movie. (Sorry, I have 3 kids under the age of 4 wink.gif

Will: Congrats on the new ride, and heal up quickly (You may still want to fab up a cane holder tho!)

-travis

• Member Contributer
Well this is one you won't see every day smile.gif The folks at work have been calling me House for months (was using a cane for a couple of months cause I hate crutches.) So I grabbed my handicap sticker today and slapped it on the mirror and took a snap for you guys. Can you tell my dorky butt is gald to be back on a bike? Enjoy...

hcap2.jpg

That's just wrong!!! :lol: :lol:

• Member Contributer

hcap2.jpg

That's just wrong!!! :lol: :lol:

Can't you get away with parking anywhere anyway? Taking up a handicapped space seems like going out of your way to displace some poor handicapped fool who needs to park his cage there! At least when you park there, you have something in common with the other handicapped drivers - you probably shouldn't be on the road in your condition :goofy:

j/k bro - glad you're back in the saddle. Heal up quick!

Sweet color!! :thumbsup:

What kind of tires are are those?

Don't tell me that Honda finally stopped putting on

the Dunlop 204s.

hcap2.jpg

Shame on you, for taking up a handicap spot.

After I broke my femur, my riding buddy would always park the furtherest away from a store as he could. He made me walk alot. It was actually great for me getting healthy again.

the Dunlop 204s.

Bridgestone Battleaxes, I think. They came stock on my 06 and 07. They will last... got 8 K on the 06 and was still a month or so away from the wear bars. However, they can be a bit slick... I was pratcing floating the rear in corners using the rear break with almost no effort. If you just want to tour, they might fit the bill.

Shame on you, for taking up a handicap spot.

Dude, we have about 30...all but 2 are always open. I went about 7 or 8 away from the door and parked (didn't want cages in the pic.) smile.gif

Guest TrueBlue

BT020. It has been replaced by the BT021.

the Dunlop 204s.

• Member Contributer
Great show. I love it. This guy House is a real hoot.

Best,

Dan

Never mind Hugh Laurie (a fantastic actor), what about the hotness of Lisa Edelstein? She is a total knockout. And a doctor, too!

Awesome ride, House...I mean, Will. However, seeing your bike (or the RWB, for that matter) only makes me want to "trade-up" for one.

Glad you are recovering quickly.

~Fred

They said it would be up to a year before my brain is all the way normal wink.gif It's all in how you look at the bike :P

Did they mean "normal" for you, or normal compared to the rest of society? :goofy:

How long will that tag last just sitting out there exposed like that?

As funny as this seems, I've actually seen this for real. I was walking into a store and right in front was a Harley parked in a handicap spot. I thought, "You've got to be kidding me taking up a handicap spot." As I got closer I realized it had a handicap LICENSE PLATE on it. Apparently Ohio WILL issue handicap motorcycle plates! Of course it could apply directly to the bike since it's a Harley. :goofy:

As funny as this seems, I've actually seen this for real. I was walking into a store and right in front was a Harley parked in a handicap spot. I thought, "You've got to be kidding me taking up a handicap spot." As I got closer I realized it had a handicap LICENSE PLATE on it. Apparently Ohio WILL issue handicap motorcycle plates! Of course it could apply directly to the bike since it's a Harley. :goofy:

Yup.. georgia just started that too :unsure: WTF?

Did they mean "normal" for you, or normal compared to the rest of society?

Ummm, I think me. I am way too gone to classify me with the rest of you normal folks

So, should I change my screenname to house? :thumbsup: