VFR History Poster

• Member Contributer

This is  cool, thank you. Now, I will have to find a printer to print it in a larger size than a standard paper sheet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wald said:

This is  cool, thank you. Now, I will have to find a printer to print it in a larger size than a standard paper sheet.

I've used VistaPrint to do posters. I'm sure there are plenty of other online places. A lot of local places can do it now too like UPS stores.

• Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Sweeper said:

I've used VistaPrint to do posters. I'm sure there are plenty of other online places. A lot of local places can do it now too like UPS stores.

Thank you for the tip, this will be easy then!

• Member Contributer

Many Thanks VFR80025th and Terry. A large print in the garage is going to look great.

Picture size of the file looks like it will match nicely to A2 format = 594mm X 420mm 

Cheers.:beer:

• Member Contributer

Excellent work, thank you. :beer:

I'd love to hang one on the wall of my garage too but it doesn't include the VFR800X. 

I know it was never sold in the US but there are plenty of owners outside the US.

Such a shame to have an incomplete picture, any chance of including it?

• Member Contributer

It is a bit of a venn diagram.  Not every Interceptor is a VFR, and not every VFR is an Interceptor.  Also,  a VF and VTR can be an Interceptor, but they're not a VFR.  A VF can also not be a VFR or Interceptor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member Contributer

Intercepter being a US designation,  I don't think any other country used it.

• Member Contributer

My point was that VFR800X IS a VFR, the clue being in the name.

• Haha 1

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Skids said:

My point was that VFR800X IS a VFR, the clue being in the name.

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, Skids said:

Intercepter being a US designation,  I don't think any other country used it.

I always forget that.  Also it's InterceptOr.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

Agreed.

I always forget that.  Also it's InterceptOr.

Phone spoolchucker 😆

Very COOL!  Thanks to the OP for making this available.  I'm gonna take the file to STAPLES to have printed out on high quality poster size paper.

• Member Contributer

Also very cool that it mentions my favorite racer from the early/mid '80's, Mike Baldwin.  Mike was a top AMA Superbike racer, international gp racer, Honda Interceptor racer...and he was from New England, where I mostly grew up. Saw him race many times at Loudon and Pocono, as well as the 1988 Laguna Seca gp, always on a Honda. Probably one of the reasons I bought my first VFR, er, VF, er, I mean Interceptor...   😎

I'm not trying to rain on VFR80025th's parade, but since we're talking printing off VFR history stuff this seemed a good place.  I'm not sure how many visit the other site, but a while ago I posted a vectorized version of the 5th gen engine cutaway illustration from the Honda service manual.  Vector files are great because they can be scaled to any size without loss in quality, something normal raster images can't do.  I later followed this by colorizing the cam gear train.  The attached .zip files will be the vector file and high resolution images for the cam gear train so don't bother with the low quality images inserted into this post.

vfr-white-red-tiny.thumb.png.2b2836ef77606c117d21f1c55e8a7de0.png

vfr-black-red-tiny.thumb.png.dd9ee87d97a24bd1fd95cb3409467857.png

vfr - black - red.zip vfr - white -red.zip VectorFR.zip

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Another great poster for the shop!  I took the pdf file VFR History poster to STAPLES to have it printed out on a 20x30 high gloss poster grade paper, much thicker stock than normal paper.  It came out all right, definitely lose some sharpness at 20x30, especially in the text area, but still a very good poster.  The cost was $35USD for one, $31 each if you have two printed.

• Member Contributer

Thanks VFR80025th and Terry, got this done this morning, A1 size and laminated. Came out great. Cost $38.50 at Officeworks.

2EF9DCC4-7D73-4598-83B1-0CA8E5F829CE.thumb.jpeg.2a21f85b8069cc106d8ff52814aa8c8e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Followed Philois1984's idea and had the same job done by Officeworks, really happy with the results especially for a garage pic.

Not far off 100,000k's of faultless smile inducing riding with the 8gen, definitely the best of the four VFR's I've owned, by a long shot.

Thanks again to VFR80025th and Terry for the poster arrangement.

Cheers All.:fing02: 

IMG_7783_Low_Res.jpg

• Like 3

Grum,  the poster looks great and your VFR with almost 100,000k looks amazing. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2024 at 1:52 PM, VFR80025th said:

Hi, I put together a poster that I want to mount in my home office.

Thanks to Terry for posting the PDFs so I was able to assemble it using the PDFs he uploaded.

I will attach it for anyone who wants to do the same.

Print it out and have it mounted etc.

Thxs

VFR Poster.pdf 2.97 MB · 94 downloads

Oh very nice. Defo printing one of these for the garage wall 🙂