Full exhaust system

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Badger1 said:

As the temp starts to dip, I'm thinking of a winter project. Does anybody besides Delkevic make a full exhaust system for an 8gen?

• Member Contributer

Mello dude - thanks for the props and link.

Badger1, there’s a deep deep ocean of info in that header thread - probably too much.

I say that even though - or maybe because - I am co-culprit w VFRD member Duc2V4 on the whole header ride.

In a nutshell, the headers in the thread linked by mello dude make significant improvement to torque and horsepower, especially in the midrange 7000-10000rpm where we have the most fun on our VFRs. The headers make an even more dramatic improvement on the 8 gen than they do on 5 or 6 gens. The 8 gen benefits most because Honda specified new cams for the 8 gen that emphasize midrange torque, and the headers in the thread hammer that point home. 

VFRD member BiKenG put it best - horsepower determines top speed, while torque determines how quickly you get to that top speed.

If you or any other 8 gen owners have further questions, feel free to PM me or Duc2V4. Or post up here or on the header thread.

Here is a June 17 post from VFRD member Flya750 about his 8 gen with headers. Link to the page is below the quote and photo:

“Took my first 100 mile ride today on the Honda 8thGen Interceptor after the VFRD performance upgrades. Flawless. Zero issues. Magnificent. I'm just blown away about how much better this bike is now. I would say I have a 13-15% power increase and a power curve/VTEC transition that is magical. 😉  Top end power is super impressive and much improved. It is slightly louder, but not too bad.  The only modification I have left to do, and I was saving it for last, was the seat. The new custom seat will be the cherry on top 😉 This is my Dream bike. 😉 This 8G is NOT stock! Look MOM! No Utters! 😉

20200617_153830.jpg

• Like 1
  • Member Contributer

The VFRD header and performance tune changed the game for my 8G. The bike is infinitely more fun to ride now. It wasn't cheap because I did everything top notch including going with SS brake lines which solves a clearance issue for the header. (Otherwise you have to make shift some heat protection around the stock rubber brake lines, which I didn't want to do) I also went with the ceramic coating which was $250 bucks. But looking back now, it was the best damn choice I've made in a decade. 

Here is a link to a video showing my header install

• Like 1
  • Member Contributer

You lose about 15 lbs when you remove all the emissions stuff and with the cat removed. I also removed the ugly ass center stand and got Pit Bull stands for maintenance.

116343839_3546103068767124_2692970577776407796_n.jpg.4ed9220a21a0e7b6dfc191f008b3fdd9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Member Contributer

I sooooo have to get a ride on an 8th gen.....

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, mello dude said:

Would be great to do an A-B comparison, start with a stock ride and then one with the headers! I know that my 6 Gen with the OEM 98-99 cat-less feels better than the 09 OEM headers and I'm looking forward to seeing how it is with the replica headers. Yes, I still have not installed mine, there are several reasons but hopefully those reason will come to an end soon!

That being said, the difference they made with my 5 Gen was enough for me to grab another set for my 6 Gen.

• Like 3
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, mello dude said:

Yeah you do! I was not ready to have my 5th gen mind changed, but when I rode a deluxe model 8 gen...

• Like 1
  • Member Contributer
On 10/19/2020 at 2:55 AM, sfdownhill said:

Mello dude - thanks for the props and link.

Badger1, there’s a deep deep ocean of info in that header thread - probably too much.

I say that even though - or maybe because - I am co-culprit w VFRD member Duc2V4 on the whole header ride.

In a nutshell, the headers in the thread linked by mello dude make significant improvement to torque and horsepower, especially in the midrange 7000-10000rpm where we have the most fun on our VFRs. The headers make an even more dramatic improvement on the 8 gen than they do on 5 or 6 gens. The 8 gen benefits most because Honda specified new cams for the 8 gen that emphasize midrange torque, and the headers in the thread hammer that point home. 

VFRD member BiKenG put it best - horsepower determines top speed, while torque determines how quickly you get to that top speed.

If you or any other 8 gen owners have further questions, feel free to PM me or Duc2V4. Or post up here or on the header thread.

Here is a June 17 post from VFRD member Flya750 about his 8 gen with headers. Link to the page is below the quote and photo:

“Took my first 100 mile ride today on the Honda 8thGen Interceptor after the VFRD performance upgrades. Flawless. Zero issues. Magnificent. I'm just blown away about how much better this bike is now. I would say I have a 13-15% power increase and a power curve/VTEC transition that is magical. 😉  Top end power is super impressive and much improved. It is slightly louder, but not too bad.  The only modification I have left to do, and I was saving it for last, was the seat. The new custom seat will be the cherry on top 😉 This is my Dream bike. 😉 This 8G is NOT stock! Look MOM! No Utters! 😉

20200617_153830.jpg

Any chance of putting up the Dyno charts  for the headers please?