You have the rest of the air box and top part of the carburetors with the velocity stacks? I have the same bike btw Granite Blue 👍

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All! First timer on these boards, please be kind as I jump back into building a bike and riding. I joined up because I found a 1992 VFR750F leaning on the side of a friend's garage.  Not the w

Joe @ V4dreams.com has nearly all the information you’ll need about stripping the carbs and much more 

It's gorgeous. You're making a joke about buffing up, but it really can be brought back to life. We can't tell much from the pictures you've posted so far but it should have plenty of potential. Your

Posted Images

20 hours ago, ridervfr said:

You have the rest of the air box and top part of the carburetors with the velocity stacks? I have the same bike btw Granite Blue 👍

I picked all that up off eBay pretty cheap. 🙂

Finally drilled out the lock on the tank. Old gas smell is no fun. Looks like tanks aren’t all that expensive on eBay. I think a replacement is in order. I don’t feel like trying to get the tank clean. 

7B696384-9CDA-4B5D-9CD5-791D0A24BF2F.jpeg

CDD78DBD-87C8-4082-9DA1-BDCB86DC00E2.jpeg

You need a tank, you going to make a mismatched "Frankenstein" bike? My 91 was that way until a friend shamed me into painting it. Its a 91 but was bought with 92 livery colour. My 93 was bought with a tank like yours, they installed a new pet cock thinking that would solve their problems I guess (it did'nt) it did save the bike from any use which was a good thing. I bought it with 15,000 miles as a rolling bike that turned over, thats all I knew. I got a replacement gas tank fairly quickly for it on Ebay and used it for years. I ended up buying a another tank on Ebay as it was way nice without a hideous dent that looked real ugly. So, my 93 is on its 3rd tank LOL crazy chit. There are alot of tanks out there you wont have a problem, I am holding on to my old white one for what ever reason (there was someone that sold me a used Penske shock to these style bikes years ago off CL, I called his number because I wanted to buy his rolling parts bike, number was out of order, I am trying to replay the tape in my head to find the warehouse district he worked out. Anyway, PEaCe and happy wrenching/riding.

122118 (1).jpg

On 11/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, ridervfr said:

You need a tank, you going to make a mismatched "Frankenstein" bike?

I have no problems with a frankenstein bike.  I'll probably keep this tank to play with de-rust options, but buy a refurbished off ebay.  They aren't than expensive.  Once I get a nice running bike (I also was "given" a rolling bike that turned over) I'm get all the plastics and the tank fixed up so it looks good.  I haven't decided on a color scheme, yet, but that's a ways off.