Looking To Buy A 07 Rwb Vfr800

Mdanger

Found this vfr hes asking $3500 which is trade in value. has 20k plus miles.

the listing reads:

Having to let go of toys. No more space. Moving / downsizing soon. 20,000 miles. Bike runs like new. Never a problem. Can cruise cross-country all day comfortably.

Original owner. Bought it from NY Honda Yamaha in Long Island City in 2007 off the showroom floor. Mechanically it's 100%. I've used this 99% as a commuter bike between Long Island, Queens, Astoria and Manhattan. Sadly, drunk idiots knocked the bike over a few times. I've fixed it mechanically and cosmetically each time including replacing plastic. This last time, I did not fix the cosmetic damage - only the mechanical damage. Anyway, cosmetically, it needs only one of the driver side fairing mounts JB welded (partially cracked) and stickers replaced after a light sanding. The passenger side has a few scratches that would be remedied by new stickers as well. I'm including the largest, priciest sticker as I have it in hand. Just haven't had time to fix it up.

* New chain (500 miles ago)
* New brake pads all around (1,000 miles ago)
* New Michelin Pilots front and back (1,000 miles ago)
* Grip heaters (2 settings)
* Givi trunk bracket and 46 liter trunk
* Seargent Seat (super comfortable) with red piping.
* Fender eliminator (no tickets - legal angle and location)
* Leo Vince Stainless Steel under-seat exhaust
* Oil/filter changed (1,000 miles ago)

Is this a good deal or run. The damage looks moderate. I have a 97 and 98 vfr's this would be a replacement for the 98.

post-24277-0-69274200-1441030539.jpg

post-24277-0-33500200-1441030557.jpg

post-24277-0-54381800-1441030567.jpg

post-24277-0-37864800-1441030662.jpg

post-24277-0-78209300-1441034663.jpg

post-24277-0-45428600-1441034677.jpg

post-24277-0-59305700-1441034883.jpg

As the owner of one, I agree: It's had a hard life. I'd walk. They are all over CL out here for....$5k in much better condition. Some even with the bags. I haven't seen one listed @ more than $5k anywhere in the country (I use the nationwide CL search quite a lot).

• Member Contributer

Looking at the bar end, appears to have been crashed. Didnt mention that in the ad, which sounds very suspicious anyway, "knocked over by drunk people" multiple times, big red flag for me. Odd frame damage and the tank is dented and rusting.

Nahhhh...that bar end could have happened from a fall and slight push. I've seen that myself in person. If the road is a bit sloped you can get the entire weight of the bike sliding on the bar end and that's the outcome.

I lived in NYC/queens/commuted into Manhattan by bike myself. That's a hard city to be a motorcyclist in, and often harder on a bike. It's very believable that the bike got bumped/pushed/hit by various cabs/garbage trucks/city officials/drunks, etc. The roads are in atrocious shape, even for parking, with lots of holes/divots, etc.

• Member Contributer

Those pics absolutely broke my heart. That's the roughest RWB I can remember seeing in a while.

As others have said, run away. Someone needs to give that bike some TLC, but it doesn't have to be you.

Looks like it had a hard smash, I would walk. Looks like it needs a new frame to me.

• Member Contributer

There is one at National Powersports in Pembroke, NH. $5499 with 30,000 miles.

http://www.nationalpowersports.net/InventoryApp/Inventory?useCurrent=1&featured=False&newOnly=False&showPopUp=0

If you don't mind shipping, you should really check out the CL national search site, and just have one of us friendly, neighborhood VFRD folks ride over and check it out for you. I've done stuff like this many times and it's always worked out great. Plus, it really opens up your buying choices. There are tons of these things out there....

Bar end mirrors on that one in NH. HA! How funny! WTF was he thinking? It's a VFR, dude!

• 2 weeks later...

There are many nice 07 rwb vfrs out there. Take your time and get a cherry one that hasn't been crashed. Most insurance companies consider any type of frame damage a total loss.

• Member Contributer

The damage on the bike looks like a little more than a simple tip over, more like slammed. Myself I would look for one with less damage and better maintenance. Winter is approaching here in the northeast and bikes will be getting super cheap to buy.

• Member Contributer

There was an '07 Candy Red on C/L locally about 6 weeks ago. ABS, matching bags and topcase, Sargent seat, Heli's, ZG screen, 3,500 miles. Perfect condition - $6,500. The thought crossed my mind to go buy it and hang on to it until I'm ready to replace the current VTEC, but it sold almost immediately. They are around.

Archived