Finally, Here She Is...

PACIFICMAN

So, After a couple weeks of fettling in my mods from the'02, etc... here is my New to me '07.

Staintunes with glass wrap, Zero Gravity DB, BLS peg lowering blocks, Heli-Bars(came on the bike), K&N air filter, Lobster mirror extenders, Headlamp modulator and Ventura rack.

I'm Very, Very pleased.... :biggrin:

post-17608-0-79836700-1434229822.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations! Now go put some miles on in the hills. ;-)

• Member Contributer

Congratulations. She's a beaut. Hope she brings you lots of joy.

Ride safe.

• Member Contributer

So, After a couple weeks of fettling in my mods from the'02, etc... here is my New to me '07.

Staintunes with glass wrap, Zero Gravity DB, BLS peg lowering blocks, Heli-Bars(came on the bike), K&N air filter, Lobster mirror extenders, Headlamp modulator and Ventura rack.

I'm Very, Very pleased.... :biggrin:

attachicon.gifIMG_3414.JPG

You should be. She's a beauty!

CONGRATS!!! I'm thinking of installing a Headlamp modulator and wonder which one you used and how complicated is it to install?

I T-boned a left turner about 2 months ago on my s1000rr. luckily the abs worked great. slowed me down enough to just tapping him.

The Modulator is The Single Safety Best Upgrade I have done, bar none. It makes you SUPER Conspicuous. In CA we can split traffic and while doing this I feel Like Moses at the Red Sea. Before the Mod. maybe 10% of people would give way. 50% to 60% hold station as you pass by. 30% to 40% not see me, keep texting, etc.. Now 30%+ give way. 60%+ hold station and appear aware as I pass. the remainder still text, etc.. with about .002% Pissed off about the flashing, screw them. I have Kisan Tech, they are based in Colorado Springs. The install could not have been easier, plug and play. A small disc goes between the high beam lamp and the high beam power supply, There is also an ambient light sensor that I mounted in the fairing, super easy, but some just tape it/leave it hanging inside the fairing but exposed to light.

So, I took Blesk's advice and did a 200 mile mountain ride today. Oak Park, CA to Ventura, CA up the 101, 33 to Ojai, CA and then in Los Padres National Forest over the Matillija and up over and down Mount Reyes. Then through Lockwood Valley to Frazier park, CA, have lunch, 180º, go back the same way. This is one of favorite routes, Lots of turns without being overly tight and technical. Good surface, long stretches of fast sweepers with plenty of right left right 90º combos and over 5000 feet elevation change. And, virtually no traffic once you're in the Forest. The weather was PERFECT. As for the new bike I could not happier. Just "same enough" as the '02 to be totally confident, comfortable and familiar. Just "different enough" to be fresh and give new perspective. Cogswell,The ABS is Awesome, I can go much deeper into turns, brake later and more aggressively. In the occasional "oh shit" moment I can Really grab a handful and the brakes are settled, linear and strong. In short Amazing... The lower Vtec kick in is terrific as well, I never had an issue with the "smoothness" of the 7000 RPM engage, I rather liked it. However, with 6300 RPM engage the bike is Much friskier in the higher gears sooner and thats a Blast. So all in all a Most Excellent day in SoCal...

post-17608-0-64958600-1434345850.jpg

post-17608-0-87650600-1434345919.jpg

Sorry, not sure how to right this one...

Archived