Two Bros Header And Mid Pipe On Ebay.

I have it saved in my watch list. For that kind of money, should be in like new condition. While not bad, it's got some scrapes and dents. I went ahead and got the slip on that popped up today with that header. Maybe later, I'll have a new left exit fabbed up with the same bends as the Two Bros. system unless this thing gets relisted at a lower bid.

• Member Contributer

If that was for a 5th gen or RC45 I'd buy it at almost twice that price...

I have this header, very hard to find and worth the money! Aside from the obvious advantage of easy rear wheel removal it also provided a change in power delivery for the better.

I have this header, very hard to find and worth the money! Aside from the obvious advantage of easy rear wheel removal it also provided a change in power delivery for the better.

Agreed,I would buy it myself if I didn't already have two of them.

• Member Contributer

Agreed,I would buy it myself if I didn't already have two of them.

If I had a 750 I'd be ALL over it... for a 20 yr old used header it's not in that bad a shape and the performance increase is worth it... cheapest horsepower per dollar you'll find...

You 3rd/4th gen guys have it so easy. If I had a 750, I would have that header half way to my house by now.

Then i would Fill those dented bends with water, toss them in the freezer and they'd pop right out.

Next I'd have them ceramic coated and That header would be 97% good as new :)

Yeah the price comments surprise me. It's the single biggest bang for the buck mod you can make to a 3rd/4th Gen, and they were four times that price when new. And now they are rare... even rarer than 3rd Gen 8-spokers, which add no performance at all, but which change hands for almost that much money.

• Member Contributer

I found a TBR left exit for my 3rd gen on a parts bike, which is an AC (Cali) model and has what appears to be a Dynojet jet kit installed. Oddly enough, they seem to have used the 49 state kit since it has the glue-in-place needle shrouds. The slides are drilled too, but the main jets were the DJ 120's which were the smallest of the sizes in that kit.

On my bike, carbs/jetting are completely stock 49 state, and the airbox/snorkel are intact with a new OEM filter, and it previously had a V&H slip-on. Any idea what jetting mods would be required for the TBR left exit full system? I just got it back from ceramic coating so it's nice and shiny, just want to make sure I get the carbs set up for it properly. I've read some less than flattering comments about the Dynojet kits, wondering if I should just leave the jetting stock and shim the OEM needles, then find a dyno with a/f meter to see if something else is needed?

Almost had me getting my credit card out thinking it was the 5th gen model. Too bad it's for a 4th gen. Remember that the left exit also requires removal of the center stand. Lucky for me, when I buy my old 4th gen back from my buddy after he's done with it, it's already got a 2bros full exhaust on it. Standard Right Exit low exhaust though.

I found a TBR left exit for my 3rd gen on a parts bike, which is an AC (Cali) model and has what appears to be a Dynojet jet kit installed. Oddly enough, they seem to have used the 49 state kit since it has the glue-in-place needle shrouds. The slides are drilled too, but the main jets were the DJ 120's which were the smallest of the sizes in that kit.

On my bike, carbs/jetting are completely stock 49 state, and the airbox/snorkel are intact with a new OEM filter, and it previously had a V&H slip-on. Any idea what jetting mods would be required for the TBR left exit full system? I just got it back from ceramic coating so it's nice and shiny, just want to make sure I get the carbs set up for it properly. I've read some less than flattering comments about the Dynojet kits, wondering if I should just leave the jetting stock and shim the OEM needles, then find a dyno with a/f meter to see if something else is needed?

The DynoJet kits often get a bad name from people who install them incorrectly, erroneously run the near richest jets thinking they need them and/or don't invest the time it takes to find your unique jetting requirements through a dyno or even just seat of the pants. That being said I have had great luck with DynoJet kits and even with substantial aftermarket add ons, the best jetting is often near the smallest jetting at sea level. I believe my 4th Gen with this exhaust is using the smallest or second smallest jets and a needle position somewhere near the lowest needle settings (circlip nearest the end).

Mehhh.....

I think the TBR left exit system hangs a bit too low and does not look that nice because of it. I think it's because of the problem of the pipe trying to clear the swingarm as it comes out from under it. Honda actually put dent on the OEM pipe for the RC30 to get the pipe higher up (TBR did not do such for their system) and angled the can steeper so the end of the exhaust looks high enough when the bike is viewed from the side. Just because of this, I never really felt that the left exit TBR system was really worth it. A lot of high right systems actually looks much better, and some of them, like the Staintune will actually let you remove the rear wheel easily without removing the pipe, especially if you have your rear shock shimmed up a bit.

Archived