Vf750F Restorers Wanted

finbar

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few owners who have restored/rebuilt VF750Fs for a feature in Practical Sportsbikes in the UK. We're looking for hints/tips/advice/techniques - anything that might encourage or help our readers tackle a resto of their own. It would involve a chat by email (or phone if you're in the UK) and you providing a photo of yourself with your bike to go with your words of wisdom.

If you'd be up for helping out, you can contact me at gingersgaff@btinternet.com or on 07875736021 (UK mobile).

Thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,

Gez Kane, Practical Sportsbikes

• Member Contributer

Sebspeed to the orange courtesy phone in the lobby please.

Second that.

Dutchý is here... Did sent some info and pictures on the VF750F, the VF750 endurance bike and the 1000R to the email listed by the TS..

Thanks for pointing me out to this thread Tom..

• Member Contributer

you mean TheDutchy

"the VF750F, the VF750 endurance bike and the 1000R"

We need pictures!!!

As for Dutchy,

137181-throwout-brearing-highlander.jpg.

• Member Contributer

Dutchý is here... Did sent some info and pictures on the VF750F, the VF750 endurance bike and the 1000R to the email listed by the TS..

Thanks for pointing me out to this thread Tom..

That should be a good issue!

you mean TheDutchy

"the VF750F, the VF750 endurance bike and the 1000R"

We need pictures!!!

As for Dutchy,

137181-throwout-brearing-highlander.jpg.

Whoops! Haha! Sorry about that!

That for sure needs some splaining I guess...

Normaly I post on a different board where Tom is also a member of. That's how I got on to this thread.. Anyway, I have been a member for some time, but I never ever posted anything. I have been rebuilding VF's and VFR's for over a decade or even longer. And as in a coincidence, my nickname on the other board is "The Dutchy", so that's why the mishap occured... Maybe I have to change that name, because I don't want to be an intrusion over here.. Sorry if I did..

For the info, I am 45 years old, live in The Netherlands, and I am a V4 enthusiast for at least 30 years.. Have a long list of V4 bikes, owned or still own..

As asked, two pics, the VF750F and the VFkR..

post-23909-0-59080100-1429042743.jpg

post-23909-0-79570000-1429042920.jpg

• Member Contributer

No problem I am Dutchy you can be TheDutchy.... :-)

• Member Contributer

Seb, you are thinking of selling your VF750F? Sweet! I totally needed a decent spares bike.

Just kidding. We're all dying to see photos of that thing on a summit somewhere. The build photos of your bike are enough for ten part series in a bike magazine on restoration. Maybe eleven, once its done.

• Member Contributer

I just got a subscription to practical sportbike... cannot wait to start receiving it!

This months issue just came in the post! Best mag out there.

Seb, you are thinking of selling your VF750F? Sweet! I totally needed a decent spares bike.

Just kidding. We're all dying to see photos of that thing on a summit somewhere. The build photos of your bike are enough for ten part series in a bike magazine on restoration. Maybe eleven, once its done.

Make me an offer I can't refuse. I'll toss the build photos in as a bonus.

I haven't worked on it in years, such a waste just sitting here.

Make me an offer I can't refuse. I'll toss the build photos in as a bonus.

I haven't worked on it in years, such a waste just sitting here.

You need to find some inspiration for the VF project SEB, its a waste its just sitting there, but its a waste to give up all the nice work you have done to it also!

1984_VF750F_hor.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yeah maybe someone will see mine and want to buy it and finish it...

Nooooooo, I wanted to see it done!

I second the motion!

Where's the build thread... or is still top secret?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again all,

Apologies for letting this search drift - we got a bit nehind with finishing off the next issue. I'm still looking for VF750F restorers and would love to get in touch with TheDutchy. Not sure that I got your email. Would you mind re-sending it?

Many thanks.

All the best,

Gez Kane, Practical Sportsbikes

Archived