Current And Winter Mods To Date

gig

• Member Contributer

* Are items done this winter. -lbs

*F4I Front wheel, wheels powder coated -75

Two Bros Full System, *repacked, ceramic coated and TI wrapped rear downpipes removed heat-shield -12.5

Hell SS lines

Dmr fork kit, raised 8mm

Pazzo levers

Zero gravity DB screen

2002 mirrors

Painted grey dash panels Back

*CBR1000 Coil On Plugs -1.25

Pair valve removed -1.5

Air-box mod w/ *Pipercross

*Samco hoses

*Barnett clutch springs, rebuilt slave

*Valve clearances adjusted

Pro Factory Star Shifter

CBR1000 Alloy Kickstand and kill-switch -1.0

Removed center stand rear sets ect. -7.0

CBR600 pegs .25

Haris CF huger & moded

520 sprockets -1 front, and chain -2.5

Shori battery -7.5

Penske rear shock, raised -2.5

PC3, with custom map

*Galfer rear roter -2.0

*Cush drive bushings replaced

*TI bits -2.0

Thanks to Mohawk, and others on forum for your help and inspiration. Now just waiting for spring!!

• Member Contributer

msg-23210-0-31999600-1409484809.jpg

2014 cbr1000st, stand, spring, nut, and bolt needed, and made an alloy spacer. Need the kill switch as it operates it reverse, plugs straight in. Unless you want to bypass, which gave me anxiety at every use without. Stand is 1/2 longer, good if rear has been raised. All parts = $135 new

• 1 month later...

I picked up a stand and went to do this mod tonight. I ran into a problem with the size of the hole in the original 2001 stand base. Looks like it needs to be bored out to 18 mm.

Can you tell me if you did that to yours?

• Member Contributer

yes sorry, I removed the mounting bracket put it in a clamp and drilled, you may be able to do on the bike if someone is holding the bike. Also you can see in my pic i cut the foot tab down, one cut at an angle from the top then used a bit black touchup paint, it is very long and the angle will interfere with upshift. I used washers as a spacer and they would bind, so cut alloy spacer, when lubing chain will hit spacer with chain lube or wd40 moves freely.

• Member Contributer

Love all the mods but for Christ's sake lose the bra.... it's so 80's! :tongue:

i love the bra, and it goes so well with my Members Only jacket and high top Reeboks i wear when i ride.

• Member Contributer

Can't wait to see you on the Dragon .

Good Work !!!

Thx,

Just waiting on Dmr cartridge kits which should be hear next week, and Samco thermostat hoses (which are not included in the kit)?? Then i can get my throttle bodies back on, put her back together, and i should be ready to head that way for the day!

• Member Contributer

I lost 15 lbs off myself. So much cheaper. Then I went and bought adjustable rearsets for the VFR that were way too expensive. Put more work into the BMW to make it a touring bike, which could have bought a well loved 5th gen. So much for limiting expenses. Happiness on a motorcycle that is just right: Priceless.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

msg-23210-0-31999600-1409484809.jpg

2014 cbr1000st, stand, spring, nut, and bolt needed, and made an alloy spacer. Need the kill switch as it operates it reverse, plugs straight in. Unless you want to bypass, which gave me anxiety at every use without. Stand is 1/2 longer, good if rear has been raised. All parts = $135 new

Zombie Alert... resurrected thread.

Giggity!!! Hope you are well... I didn't realize you were the CBR1000 kickstand mod originator!?! I've been looking for this info for my project bike for months. Finally googled it instead of using the site search feature and it popped right up. Do you know if other CBR1K kickstands will work? $135 to lose 1 lb is not in my budget... if I can source one off a wrecked bike :D that's what I'm looking for...

• Member Contributer

Rush,

i believe it is the same kickstand on most CBR1000's

Thanks Man!

I sourced one off the Bay... thanks for the tip.

You should post up your measured confirmed weight along with your mods, that's a fine skinny red-head your riding! :goofy:

Awesome build. Definitely stealing the side stand mod. Less weight and its longer, two birds with one stone! I have a custom shock and my bike leans way over, I need this! lol

Did you do a brake delink yet? There is a lot of weight and clutter to lose there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Break delink and a lighter rear wheel are the two winter projects im considering next.

Did anyone ever get a weight on the 8th gen wheel?

Thx

Break delink and a lighter rear wheel are the two winter projects im considering next.

Thx

8th gen rear is five lug no?

I am hoping to find a forged Yamaha R1 LE front wheel and eventually do the 1098 rear wheel conversion. Then some sort of alloy rear subframe.

• Member Contributer

Thx

8th gen rear is five lug no?

I am hoping to find a forged Yamaha R1 LE front wheel and eventually do the 1098 rear wheel conversion. Then some sort of alloy rear subframe.

What's the part #? I've got a new R1 wheel in the box never used... has never even had bearings installed. Was gonna use it on my track bike but now I'm leaning towards an 06 - 07 CBR1k front wheel to match the rear.

http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/a/yam/50045a73f8700209bc793dad/front-wheel

The LE/SP forged wheels are the 5/10 Y spoke Machesini.

The standard R1 wheels are the regular 5 spokes.

Here is the part number

4B1-2516C-00-00

http://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/4b1-2516c-00-00/wheel-forged

• Member Contributer

If the 8th gen rear wheel has a weight savings as advertised i was going to be the guinea pig and try and fit the 8th gen rear axle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

If the 8th gen rear wheel has a weight savings as advertised i was going to be the guinea pig and try and fit the 8th gen rear axle.

I dare you... :goofy:

Archived