Good News Rossi Fans!

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Was lurking over at MotoGP.com and saw a little video from Valentino Rossi announcing he signed a two year contract with Yamaha so he'll be with the team until 2016!

Also saw an interesting interview with JL where he talks about what has been troubling him recently and how he feels he's back in "shape" and should be ready to win. Good stuff over at MotoGP.com but I believe you have to be a "subscriber" to watch most of these videos.

I'd like to see Rossi win at least 1 more championship before he retires. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I'd like to see Rossi win at least 1 more championship before he retires. :beer:

Possible, but all uphill due to MM.

You have to respect the guy. Over one hundred wins and that burning desire to ride still exists. The will to win keeps pushing him.

It's going to be sad day over here when he retires. Every race I get up to root him on. The neighbors heard me yelling at the tv last year at Assen.

There is still time.

• Member Contributer

Da firsta tima you rida di 500 you goa faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakk.....

Go Rossi!!!! :wheel::wheel::wheel:

• Member Contributer

41 years old at the end of his contract !!!!

Darn i thought he was 39 this year . Thanks >

• Member Contributer

Regardless of what the next two years brings, VR is definitely in the GOAT candidate list. MM isn't off to a bad start either! Damn great rookie year with several first for the history books, combine that with matching and/or beating decade old records, it just adds to his resume!

All I ask of the motorcycle gods is more first place battles between MM and VR regardless of outcome! Seeing the "young" Rossi on the track again is just awesome IMO.

MM is not going to give slack to someone just because they have won so many times before.

Plenty of other competish too. Rossi will have to earn it if he can. Just like every one else.

Go Vale! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Darn i thought he was 39 this year . Thanks >

He turned 35 last February. You were 4 years off. Please, oh please, don't help the guy age haha. I want to see some damn wins before he's done and would love to see him race for Yamaha in WSBK at the end of this GP contract.

• 2 weeks later...

All I ask of the motorcycle gods is more first place battles between MM and VR regardless of outcome! Seeing the "young" Rossi on the track again is just awesome IMO.

I love to see them fighting for the first place too. I like MM, however, if anyone should beat him, I like that person to be VR :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I saw in an older interview that he is interested in rallying at the end of his GP days. He has already tested with at least one factory team. Was it Citroen? The interview was also back in '07 or '09, so his intentions may have changed.

• Member Contributer

I saw in an older interview that he is interested in rallying at the end of his GP days. He has already tested with at least one factory team. Was it Citroen? The interview was also back in '07 or '09, so his intentions may have changed.

Good luck with that .

• Member Contributer

I doubt he would do it, but it would be neat to see him with the other 'old guys' in BSB. No electronic aides, which is what I've heard him say he would want. Definitely wouldn't be getting the paycheck he's been used to, but I doubt there are many places he could go that would even get close.

Although he only came 4th at Assen relegating him to 3rd, it's been great to see him stay in 2nd place throughout the rest of the season so far. Despite not being the champion, he still has more fans than anybody else.
Not bad for a guy who the non-believers had thought had lost his mojo.

Go!!!!! - Vale

• Member Contributer

Rossi-Harley.jpg

In a surprise announcement Harley-Davidson has today confirmed that it will be running a two-bike full factory team in the 2016 MotoGP series after agreeing terms with nine times World Champion Valentino Rossi.

For some months it has been speculated that Harley-Davidson was looking at a major return to international motor sport to promote its brand to a wider audience, particularly in the Asia and African markets.

A H-D spokesperson today confirmed that the company had been evaluating the MotoGP series for the past three years and had been in brief discussions with Rossi to establish when the Italian’s current contract with Yamaha would end and what Rossi’s plans for the future would be.

Rossi going to a brand new factory team on a completely unproven bike? Either they're paying him a vast sum of money or this isn't really happening....probably the later? :happy:

• Member Contributer

Atta di begiining when you trya the firsta tima di Arly............

You goa FAAAACK....

Can someone edit this trailer at 0:15??

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Rossi-Harley.jpg

In a surprise announcement Harley-Davidson has today confirmed that it will be running a two-bike full factory team in the 2016 MotoGP series after agreeing terms with nine times World Champion Valentino Rossi.

For some months it has been speculated that Harley-Davidson was looking at a major return to international motor sport to promote its brand to a wider audience, particularly in the Asia and African markets.

A H-D spokesperson today confirmed that the company had been evaluating the MotoGP series for the past three years and had been in brief discussions with Rossi to establish when the Italian’s current contract with Yamaha would end and what Rossi’s plans for the future would be.

He is signed with Yamaha for 2015 and 2016. He wouldn't go to Suzuki much less Hardley Ableson.

• Member Contributer

Rossi-Harley.jpg

He is signed with Yamaha for 2015 and 2016. He wouldn't go to Suzuki much less Hardley Ableson.

Probably old news .

For the past 18 months, Harley-Davidson has been in contact with Rossi and his management team to agree terms for Rossi to become the number one rider for the H-D factory MotoGP team. “We have left a couple of messages on Rossi’s phone, but he’s been pretty busy lately and hasn’t called us back yet,” confirmed the H-D spokesperson. “We’re sure he’s interested and we’re optimistic he’ll turn up for the first race of the 2016 season on one of our bikes, providing nothing else comes up.”

Something else must have come up .

April fools maybe ..

Archived