Official Rapid Bike Race Group Buy!

CandyRedRC46

Question

Hey guys,

One of the best shops in my home town Orlando, just became the official Dimsport Rapid Bike dealer of North America. I stopped by the other day to check out the shop and inquire about tuning my Rapid Bike 2 and other general moto talk. I showed the owner my bike and everything that that I have done to it. I told him about my quarter mile times and that there are many other people that would love to have rapid bike products on their vfr800's as well, but there is nothing available for us...

So he got in contact with dimsport and they said all we need is 10 people to put down a deposit on just the harness and they will release the Evo and Race modules for VFR800 use!!!!

Guys this is VERY VERY powerful technology! The Evo module is fully capable of auto tuning the fuel map with the factory o2 sensors. The race module is capable of doing this as well plus it has the ability to tune the ignition timing as well.

I will be first to put down a deposit so we just need 9 more people in line and we can make this happen!!!

I will post more information on actual pricing and all of the features of the Dimsport Rapid Bike Race and Evo modules later on tonight!

Thanks for your time guys! Let's make this happen!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dimsport.com/rapidbike/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Answers 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told that the group buy included the 8th gen, but cannot find the post that confirms or an order page for the 2014 VFR. I am in if someone will point the way to purchase! Thanks!!

• Member Contributer

I was told that the group buy included the 8th gen, but cannot find the post that confirms or an order page for the 2014 VFR. I am in if someone will point the way to purchase! Thanks!!

They are making the Rapidbike Evo or Race based on the 6th gen ECU. Is your ECU connectors the same as the 6th gen?

They are making the Rapidbike Evo or Race based on the 6th gen ECU. Is your ECU connectors the same as the 6th gen?

Sorry, I had posted in another thread that I didn't think so since they don't seem to be in the same place on the new bike. I have not had time to raise both tanks and see

I'm going to talk to Yaman at Cycle Pro about the 8th gen. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it winds up being identical, but I know Dimsport, they are going to insist on building a new harness from scratch as that's what they did for our sixth gens.

I am in if they will do a harness for me.... I am travelling until next Friday, so it will probably be then before I can check my harness. Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Hi all

How is this tracking re the RB Racing updates etc.

Any news, and how do we go about getting hold of the harnesses etc?

Cheers

Phil

I am in if they will do a harness for me.... I am travelling until next Friday, so it will probably be then before I can check my harness. Thanks!

what?

Hi all

How is this tracking re the RB Racing updates etc.

Any news, and how do we go about getting hold of the harnesses etc?

Cheers

Phil

The harness' are done and almost on their way. I believe they're halfway through the software/firmware programming. Everything is right on schedule and we should still be looking at an eta of around October first.

• Member Contributer

Hi Candyred46

Great news.

I take it that once the RB Racing firmware is done all we need to do is order the units via the web site where we ordered the harnesses?

Great work on this.

I'm going to be doing my engine swap in October so it will all fall in to place by the look of it.

Cheers

Phil

• Member Contributer

IIRC Dimsport already list an 8th gen harness on their website. Have a look at the Dimsport website.

Oops just checked they have revamped their website & I don't see it anymore.

• Member Contributer

Yep the Crossrunner has been listed for a long while and I thought they had the RB Easy listed for it as well, last time I got the Dealer listing.

Oh you have a 2014. Gotcha, well I let Dimsport know about the 2014's and they are going to need to get there hands on one (in Italy) before they confirm that it fits, and/or make a new system from scratch. But, they are working on it.

Hi Candyred46

Great news.

I take it that once the RB Racing firmware is done all we need to do is order the units via the web site where we ordered the harnesses?

Great work on this.

I'm going to be doing my engine swap in October so it will all fall in to place by the look of it.

Cheers

Phil

I have been told by Dimsport that we are safe to start ordering the modules now. The harnesses should be shipped out from Italy with in a week or two, with the software/firmware being ready to flash the existing racing modules then as well.

http://rapidbike.us/products/copy-of-2002-2009-vfr800-special-project#productTabs

With that being said, I need to know exactly who is ordering Evo modules and who is ordering Racing modules. Last I heard everyone except one person was ordering Racing modules.....

• Member Contributer

With that being said, I need to know exactly who is ordering Evo modules and who is ordering Racing modules. Last I heard everyone except one person was ordering Racing modules.....

Dude, I'm in for the Race module and probably the TuneMyBike... I'm a little concerned with the following wording on the web page, "RapidBike is developing a system for 2002-2009 Honda VFR800 Vtec models, if you have an earlier model, this kit will NOT work!"

I know we are going on the assumption that since the PC5 for the 6th gen works on the 5th gen this should work too... the exclamation point from RB seems kinda definitive... I guess I'll be the Guinea pig... hopefully, if it doesn't work there will be a 6th gen owner who will take it off my hands :)

Yeah that's them just covering their themselves from liability, they never tried, it's up to you guys to find out.

That being said, I am going to run 4 my tuning bikes, one for each cylinder... :491:

This just in:

"Well Gentleman,

We got the word that the VFR800 harnesses projected shipping date is September 26th. they are almost done with mapping and firmware and such. In the mean time you can place your orders at www.rapidbike.us
I have created a VFR800 group in my contacts so from now on I will keep you guys in the loop. As soon as I get an update I will let you know. Please inform others that we are getting a batch of 25 harnesses (18 of them already sold) so the last 7 will be sold at the special pricing then we will go back to regular price, however I will apply a small discount for the forum members to show our appreciation....also I have inform Italy that they need to start working on the latest generation of vfr800 and that was also put on their agenda as well....
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions
Our number is 407-277-5557 or e-mail us info@rapidbike.us
Thank you
Yaman"

• Member Contributer

Perfect timing. I have a dyno run scheduled for tomorrow AM, will be the last with PC3 in the loop. Next will be TBR full system with RB Race, running on the narrow band sensors. Will try & get that all done before the freezing weather & salt hit our roads & the bike gets tucked away for the winter :(

• Member Contributer

FYI, needed for 1998,1999 models

$288 for the forum members ($320 retail) and there needs to be a O2 sensor bung welded on the exhaust system where all 4 pipes meet at the collector for proper sampling.

http://rapidbike.us/products/my-tuning-bike-can-bus-auto-tuning-module

Archived