Where Do These Hoses Go? Intake Vacuum Hoses

• Member Contributer

Seb,

I forget what they attach to but after we synched our carbs through those barbed connectors we installed 4 small Phillips screws in the holes using little rubber washers. The screws we used were found on the parts fiche...IIRC the hoses run to a small vacuum canister or the airbox.

• Member Contributer

maybe #9 and #10 in this EU diagram?

4th gen

post-8974-0-99372400-1399047644.jpg

post-8974-0-22330400-1399047654.jpg

3rd gen

post-8974-0-63752100-1399047798.jpg

post-8974-0-25288400-1399047863.jpg

No, those are fuel tubes.

The hoses in my picture link the intake ports on the cylinder head to... something. The rear head has plugs to block off the connections per the fiche.

• Member Contributer

Vacuum operated petcock, and purge valve? I'm not even sure they have vacuum operated petcocks since they have a fuel pump.

• Member Contributer

to the pair system. take out the ports , block them off with a screw and throw the crap in the trash..

dont forget to block off the holes on the head. :wink:

pm sent

• Member Contributer

I think the one on Cylinder 1 actually goes to something (airbox maybe?), but the other three are just capped off. Might be part of the PAIR system.

• Member Contributer

My bike looks just like the diagram dutchy posted. I have nothing but the factory rubber caps on those intake nipples. Must be part of the PAIR system. My particular Canadian bike didn't have any of the PAIR system. I only use those ports for synching the carbs. Sorry I can't say more about where they go... But maybe removing them is the best option?

• Member Contributer

I'm putting together a list of small odds and ends to order, looks like I'm getting 4 fresh caps.

I picked up some caps at a local hardware store for cheap. Not sure how much they are from Honda, but I'd guess at least a couple bucks each.

• Member Contributer

The caps we had on a couple of ours we cracked and leaky so we went with the Honda part for the screw that fits that hole after we completed our post rebuild carb synch.

• Member Contributer

The caps we had on a couple of ours we cracked and leaky so we went with the Honda part for the screw that fits that hole after we completed our post rebuild carb synch.

you mean a screw that costs 7 cents at home depot? thats what i tell everyone to use. forget the caps!!

Archived