Went Out For A Lunch Time Drive...

Don't forget that if you go to a doctor today and don't feel too bad, that doesn't mean you are out of the woods. You should have about a year after the accident before the insurance will close the case on medical claims. Take your time and make sure that you haven't lost any range of motion or develop some difficulties doing normal tasks.

Glad you are OK and sorry about your bike!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well my first thought this morning was was "ugg someone take me out back and shoot me." seems im back to being a mere mortal.

Don't push yourself too hard. That was a major crash. You deserve a bit of recovery.

• Member Contributer

Well my first thought this morning was was "ugg someone take me out back and shoot me." seems im back to being a mere mortal.

Yea went thru the samething in 85. The adrenaline wears off and the next mourning your like WTF ...

• Member Contributer

Glad you are okay. Go to doctor and get checked out.

DO NOT sign off on any insurance release papers for medical reasons for a good long time. His insurance will probably want a quick settlement.

Damn man..

ITS ALWAYS A GUY IN AN INFINITY!

my two cents:

On top of what the doc says, I'd say up your water intake (try and drink a gallon of water a day), at night take a long epsom salt bath, and stretch in the morning/evening - after the bath/shower, once your body is warmed up from the water. Do this for a couple weeks now, and avoid serious after-effects that can be life long.

Do slow stretching - whatever that means for you, as everyone's flexibility is different - but try and reach for you teos etc. Look up stretches for track and field athletes and try to replicate some of those..

Glad you're relatively OK, and avoided casts, crutches etc.

oh, yea, almost forgot - get a new bike ASAP!

• Member Contributer

All good advice, and here's some more for what it's worth. Find a good Licensed massage therapist, tell them what happened. Well worth the 2 or 3 visits to get everything straitened out.

• Member Contributer

Ya a weird update last night my knee made a unholy poping/crunching sound getting into bed and today I have almost full range of motion. And my brusing is a nice shade of purple lol

Take plenty pic's of said bruising.

• Member Contributer

Ice on all the sore parts,but like several said,GET TO A DOCTOR.

• Member Contributer

Yea went thru the samething in 85. The adrenaline wears off and the next mourning your like WTF ...

Mine was in '97... went to the ER the next day and had two herniated disks in my neck and two in my back... adrenaline carried me through the hours post accident.

Glad you're mostly ok but go see a doc... and take pics of the boo-boos

• Member Contributer

When your muscles are sore and you want to streatch (great advice), use microwaveable heating pads to first warm up the area you want to work on. I bought mine at Wally Market. And don't forget about "better living through chemistry".

• Member Contributer

Mine was in '97... went to the ER the next day and had two herniated disks in my neck and two in my back... adrenaline carried me through the hours post accident.

Glad you're mostly ok but go see a doc... and take pics of the boo-boos

I had a couple of crack ribs, the next day .

Man that sucks! I have been lucky enough to not hit a car that way came really close a few times. Glad your ok. People and their crappy driving is why my bike does not get ridden as much as she used too. I just do not want to take the chance in wrecking her. Or someone knocking her over in a parking lot. Already happened once before. My favorite is the guy sitting on your bike with the kick stand up checking it out. I flipped out after I put down the kick stand. Our VFR's are like classic cars now....

I think I'm Wolverine's kid my knee and the rest of me has almost no pain and the bruising is fading. Some pic's of my battle scars from fighting a metal dragon lol

rfjr.jpg32e6.jpg

and a bonus pic of her when we had to ride home in the snow

a0cj.jpg

My brother hit the tarmac avoiding a van that pulled out in front of him about 10 years ago. He hurt his wrist and a few scratches (not as bad as yours). He got $150k and his Harley fixed. 150k was the van driver's insurance payout limit. Your injuries could haunt you forever because of this idiot that they insured.

Oh hell...

It's serious crash. May you share with us what did you think and said while flying?

Two years ago, was just saying "sh*t" and watching the earth rolling around me. :beer:

Glad to know you were walking right after that.

Oh hell...

It's serious crash. May you share with us what did you think and said while flying?

Two years ago, was just saying "sh*t" and watching the earth rolling around me. :beer:

Glad to know you were walking right after that.

F&^King just what i.... then i hit the ground.

Archived