I Found Some Pics Of My Old 1997 Vfr750.

I WAS JUST LOOKING THROUGH SOME OLD PICS OF MINE AND FOUND SOME OF MY OLD 1997 VFR750 IN LAPIS BLUE THAT I OWNED A FEW YEARS AGO. I BOUGHT IT OFF THE ORIGINAL OWNER WHO WAS SOOOOOOOOO ANAL ABOUT THIS BIKE IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE. I FITTED BRAIDED FRONT LINES, IT CAME WITH A STAINTUNE PIPE AND WAS JUST A SWEET RIDE THAT RODE LIKE NEW. I KEPT IT FOR A WHILE AND SOLD IT TO A BLOKE WHO LIVED IN TASMANIA WHICH IS OVER 1500KMS AWAY AS HE COULDNT FIND A DECENT ONE ANYWHERE AT THE TIME.

WITH HINDSIGHT I MISS THIS BIKE.

post-28768-0-92874500-1388293773.jpg

post-28768-0-59754200-1388293811.jpg

post-28768-0-19777300-1388293840.jpg

post-28768-0-18474300-1388293869.jpg

• Member Contributer

I miss my 4th gen too................. :wacko:

She is stuck in the garden shed in NL and we're in Luxemburg for the holidays... :beer:

• Member Contributer

mikesmini080877,

what a beauty, that blue sure looks nice! never thought i would own a red bike, or car for that matter but i sure enjoy my 95 redhead. maybe I will dye her hair someday...lol.

rob,

how close of a match is your true blue to the lapis blue? sure did like what i saw down at the hog tie!

• 4 weeks later...

I was afraid I would miss my 95 VFR if I were to sell it, so I bought a back-up bike, which has a few minor upgrades, but it's still a few months away from being completed.

post-22834-0-29728100-1390620880.jpg

FILE0125_zpsadfdc90b.jpg

Where are they now? Here's one. :happy:

Here's my vfr750 '97 model that I call The Lapis after the unique colour. As you can see I'm also in Oz not far from Sydney, in the blue Mtns. Mine was in a real mess but the V4 engine is in very good condition.

I've put on the high rise Australian Staintune exhaust. New clocks off Ebay as the speedo was cooked when the RR went. Finned RR and upgraded wiring. Slave cylinder kit as it lurched badly on take-off. Brake pads. All fluids. Chain and sprockets. Some replacement fairing fasteners. Lithium battery (850 grams). Awaiting 929 shock from Jamie Daugherty. New Pirelli Rosso 11 tyres (someone had put on a 190 rear!). Plugs and air filter. Water pump seal. Huge clean under the bike, degreaser and WD40.

To do: fork springs and oil. Braided SS clutch and brake lines. Valve clearances and carb balance

Love the V4, its addictive

Svgt, its a great colour buddy. Makes me miss mine more now since it was like it rolled off the showroom floor when I bought it. At the time I owned it i fitted braided lines to help with the brakes but knowing what i know now with how easy vtr bottoms go on with fireblade calipers i wish I had it to do more mods to it. Ride safe up there in the lovely mountains.

• Member Contributer

SVGT and Mike, both of those are great looking 4th Gen VFRs!

Amazing bike, very nimble when properly sorted. One of my favorites and definitely love the unique color.

• Member Contributer

This was my 1997

12179953624_5fce0ab272_o.jpg

Unfortunately I know exactly where mine went... the back of Ken Wheeler's van

12179764263_ec00f4939c_o.jpg

After a bad time on heavy gravel on Wayah Bald Road in 2001

12179546785_c1983ae349_o.jpg

12179546515_e0008abeac_o.jpg

• Member Contributer

I can't help but look at the van picture and think my bike is being taken against her will.

STRANGER DANGER!! STRANGER DANGER!!

Got pulled up by the local Blue Mtns police a couple of weeks ago:

Police 1: " a beautiful old VFR, love those gear driven cams"

Police 2: Yeah used to own one until i high sided it"

Me: do you want to see my licence?"

Police 1: no mate away you go"

Made me feel how appreciated these bikes were and still are!

Got pulled up by the local Blue Mtns police a couple of weeks ago:

Police 1: " a beautiful old VFR, love those gear driven cams"

Police 2: Yeah used to own one until i high sided it"

Me: do you want to see my licence?"

Police 1: no mate away you go"

Made me feel how appreciated these bikes were and still are!

I'm glad you had a good experience with the coppers as 3 months ago the highway patrol didn't take too kindly to a big wheelie I pulled from a set of traffic lights near my home. I liked it but they thought I was a menace and gave me a fine. Neg driving, $405 fine and 3 points. Thanks guys.

Archived