My 95' Rc36 Cafe Racer Project

Guest zefarton44

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I ain't go the helmet, and I think that I'll keep my shark RACE-R for now :laugh:

And for the side covers I don't think so, I'm not really good for work with fiber, and by the way from my point of view it wouldn't match the cafe racer style :smile2:

Little photoshop, to see how she'd look like with side covers and chrome decals on the tank and seat cover, and also heat wrap and the exhaust :

7SBK999-20140414-225157.jpg

^ YES!

That chrome decal work is a must... never thought it possible to get an old school cafe racer look going with a VFR, but you've done it. I LOVE this bike!

Hmmm.... wire wheels would really make it pop...

I reckon this bike should go on BikeEXIF when you're finished.

Thanks to all for your comments !

About the wire rims I'd love it, but to adapt a 1200 GS on the vfr is not that easy I think, and to find a front one that can support 330mm discs neither....
And by the way even if I find used ones, prices are just too expensive and would cost me at least half of the bike...

Here I calculated, bike cost me 1500€, and I added 1500 more euros of spare parts, which is not that bad !

That's a VFR1200X Crosstourer wheel but yes swapping to wired wheels would not be cheap no matter how you did it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank moderators to give my topic the honor of the front page, but now would it be possible to move it back in the third gen section ?

And after a looooooooooooooooong time, she's running !!!

The tach is now fully operationnal, I just have to connect the speed indicator. Now to be done : lateral covers, chrome covering, rear rim polishing,and she'll be clear to go !

• Member Contributer

It's so awesome when it starts and things work isn't it :) Looking great!

One question, when you were revving the bike in the video were you slowly letting the throttle off after revving it up, or just blipping the throttle and right away returning it to the stop. If you were returning the throttle to the stop immediately, in my opinion it sound like your idle might be hanging, which I believe is a lean condition in the idle mixture.

There was a problem with the throttle cable which didn't come back to the neutral position due to a bad routing through the back of the light. Now she's running smooth ;)

• Member Contributer

There was a problem with the throttle cable which didn't come back to the neutral position

11715.jpg

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

I'd like to thank moderators to give my topic the honor of the front page, but now would it be possible to move it back in the third gen section ?

Why move it to the 3rd gen section, it is a 4th gen VFR?

Great looking bike!

• Member Contributer

Great looking bike!

well carver are you SURE you pay attention here? :goofy:

look on forums it says " Third and Fourth Generation VFR's" :wink:

Great looking bike!

Exactly ;)

Thank's to all for comments !

• Member Contributer

Great looking bike!

Exactly ;)

Thank's to all for comments !

Ahh...so it was placed in the "Featured" forum instead...I get it now.

I am not about labels so much but I do pay attention to great looking bikes with tasteful, performance enhancing mods....that leaves out most of the Harleys that you are forced to work on at your DC area shop.

:wink:

• Member Contributer

This is an incredibly well put together cafe. Very well done, and a great deal of vision. Beautiful job!

:cheerleader:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow it turned out amazing!

I'm currently working on a 90 RC36. I bought the bike last November with 76,000km's and concentrated on the rear portion of the bike. Love what you did with yours.

Archived