A Refreshing Change In Appearance

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

One of the members here sent me his VFR footpeg brackets for powder coating. I usually do these in a chrome finish that looks a lot like polished aluminum. In this case, he wanted something different - bright white. So I shot them in super mirror white and this is how they came out:

2013-11-07205720_zpsfc1d5b5c.jpg

2013-11-08214448_zpsed57fcf6.jpg

I really like the way they came out and think the brackets on my Interceptor would look great this way too. Opinions?

I have a spare set that I'll shoot and swap over this winter when I have the bike apart for various repairs.

• Member Contributer

Not my color but well done!

How will PC hold up to boots scuffing?

Is that black paint or are those pegs "rubberized"?

• Member Contributer

Not my color but well done!

How will PC hold up to boots scuffing?

Is that black paint or are those pegs "rubberized"?

If there's grit on your boot and you scrape it against the finish, it will scratch like paint, but it will take a harder hit before it will really show. With white, it will definitely show scuffs if you're not careful, but they can be washed off.

The pegs are rubberized. The rubber pieces are glued on.

• Member Contributer

cool i' ll wear white boots -- you did a great job :cheerleader: now how did you do this-? candyblue would look cool on the 86

The melting temp of the rubber and the glue holding it onto the footpegs is much higher than the powder, so I just mask around the rubbers. Blast, wash, shoot, cure, and they're done. I would love to do some in candy blue - they would really pop. I don't get to do candy translucents very often, but when I do, they come out awesome...

OilCoolerFittings_zps16fe6706.jpg

What year VFR parts are those? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the rubber is not glued on but rather fastened mechanically.

Nevermind, I'm just now realizing that you meant to say VF1000R, not VFR.

The front rubbers are mechanically fastened on that bike, can't tell by the fiche if the rears are as well.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Tom.

I got home last night and open my new "present" and was very happy with the result. I highly recommend Tom and his services.

parts are going on my 85 VF1000R I've been restoring for the past few years. I an just finishing up a CBR F2 wheel swap (thanks Jamie D.) and I had the rims PC'd white and decided to add some additional white bits to tie it all together. The rear pegs will mostly likely hardly ever get any use, so they'll stay nice.

I'll get some final pic's once it is done.

Archived