The Full System That Two Brothers Should Be Making Right Now. (Video Teasers)

CandyRedRC46

Yup I am going to dyno tune it as soon as the exhaust gets back from the ceramic coater, but as a preliminary report I can say that I had the exhaust on the bike for 24 hours to test fit and it was great. It felt like it made a lot of power everywhere, surprisingly there was no loss in low end. The engine seemed to rev up much faster. I was completely expecting a loss in low end for a gain in top end, due to the much larger primary piping size, but there was no noticeable loss. It felt like a major gain in mid range and top end though. It seems a little louder and deeper down low and louder/raspier up top. The motad has a steel mesh weld into the collector to control sound, the 2bros race header has no sound control.

The Two Brothers Racing header vs the Motad header:

The primaries are 36.5mm inner diameter versus 31.5mm

The Primary length is a little shorter and more consistent

The piping is thinner/lighter and of much higher quality.

The welds are perfect, look to be robotic TIG, vs the Motad's sloppy MIG spatters.

Overall the Two Bros header appears to be at the most half the weight of the motad header.

The spring loaded slip fittings are a god send. The motad clamps and gaskets are the worst/most frustrating idea ever.

The exhaust ports inside the two bros are absolutely perfect, while the exhaust ports inside the motads are full of crappy MIG welds and splatters.

The Y pipes on the Two brothers are absolutely perfect, the Y pipes on the motad are decent.

As it turns out the mid pipe for the Two Brothers full system is exactly the same diameter as the two brothers slip on, so all i had to do was cut the end of my slip on off and weld it to the end of the full system's mid pipe. Basically just trading the crappy slip on's clamp fitting with the full system's spring loaded slip fit. It was pretty straight forward, but the angles were a little tricky to work out, as the outlet of the two headers are angled slightly different.

Hopefully I will be able to dyno a baseline on my bike shortly, before the full system gets back from the coater's, and then do a dyno tune, so I can have some real data for you guys. I know butt dynos don't carry too much weight around here.

• Member Contributer

Very interesting that the seatofthepants dyno reads no perceived low end loss of power.... :lurk: now I don't have to be the first to move forward with this.

I have been reluctant to install my system because the outlet angle varies from stock and I don't want to lose my Wolf undertail exhaust.

• Member Contributer

Overall the Two Bros header appears to be at the most half the weight of the motad header.

TBros header is 7.5 lbs. The OEM 5G non-cat header is 11+ish. FWIW.

Question: How do you polished your frame?? it looks great

sand paper, rubbing compound, polishing compound and a lot of blood sweat and tears lol.

TBros header is 7.5 lbs. The OEM 5G non-cat header is 11+ish. FWIW.

that sounds about right. maybe more so with the motad, but definitely possible. any one care to donate a highly accurate scale? lol

Very interesting that the seatofthepants dyno reads no perceived low end loss of power.... :lurk: now I don't have to be the first to move forward with this.

I have been reluctant to install my system because the outlet angle varies from stock and I don't want to lose my Wolf undertail exhaust.

keep in mind i have only 2 valves down low and i have 4 degrees ignition advance, but there was no noticeable lose in power down low.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you wagzhp! it was a lot of work and a long time coming, trying to actually find that exhaust and then making it actually fit on a 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

Man those headers look great CandtRed!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Are these the headers you were posting about making them using your own dimensions based on the 2Bros and Motad? Did you make a jig or have them one off made by a shop?

Anxiously awaiting more details... :lurk:

• Member Contributer

I feel like I've talked about this before on here. No one really makes headers for 6th gens? guess gutting my stock ones is the only "mod"

• Member Contributer

I feel like I've talked about this before on here. No one really makes headers for 6th gens? guess gutting my stock ones is the only "mod"

Choices - Motad - Delvelic (spelling) or '98/'98 OEM. Or gut the cat ----or if you are super lucky run across the Erion or TBR.

That's about it........

- Plz jump in if I missed something gang.

Man those headers look great CandtRed!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Are these the headers you were posting about making them using your own dimensions based on the 2Bros and Motad? Did you make a jig or have them one off made by a shop?

Anxiously awaiting more details... :lurk:

nope i eventually found a set for sale and jumped on them.

the two brothers 6th gen slip on wound up being the same exact diameter as the mid pipe of the two brothers full system, so it was a simple cut and weld to merge the full system to my slip on. my center stand didnt agree with the full system, so thats gone and neither did the mount for the full system's muffler, so thats why i kept my slip on, but the headers were pretty much spot on. the headers themselves were maybe 5 pounds lighter than the motads, which were already way lighter than the stock headers. so after ditching the center stand too, looks like i dropped about 10 pounds and gained some hp also. when i hit the track on the 7th, i will toss the aluminum plus three rear sprocket back on, we're gonna be going really really fast. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Still need to see a before & after dyno run to see if they were worth the effort. They definitely look good post ceramic coating :)

Found this re a set fitted to a 5th gen http://sfriday.com/VFR800/pcii.htm with no other mods bike went from 95 to 100 HP, with no real losses either. With the PC2 fuelling tuned, it went to 107hp which is where I'm at with mine using the Motad headers !

So will be very interested in what yours does on a dyno !

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't put an alum sprocket on the back... bad news bears

Choices - Motad - Delvelic (spelling) or '98/'98 OEM. Or gut the cat ----or if you are super lucky run across the Erion or TBR.

That's about it........

Apparently Motad and Delkevic are garbage... so that narrows down my choices :P

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't call either of those garbage, the Motad's have been in production for a long time & are sold as REPLACEMENT headers, as are Delkevic & others. They are NOT designed as race or performance systems. Obviously not enough VFR owners bothered to improve the sports capability of their bikes, so the likes of TBR/Erion etc stopped making systems that were NOT economic.

You can buy & fit, with some modification, new Ladybird & Termignoni Titanium RC45 systems that will bolt right on at the headers, but may need some mods to fit around the exit etc. About $2500 to you sir ! :( But they would generally require a lot more work to the engine to get the best of out them as they were designed for the RC45 reving to 14,500rpm & producing over >160hp !

Alternately you could have a custom set made for a similar price, so your options are NOT limited, only your imagination & wallet are.

I've not heard of any new sports full systems for the Crossrunner, but they will bolt up to VFR5/6th gen's too if they exist.

No, they are both quite satisfactory systems. Sandy Bike Spares full systems are garbage.

I wouldn't put an alum sprocket on the back... bad news bears

That's about it........

aluminum sprockets are fine, they just wear out at a faster rate than steel, but they are so cheap who cares. also in a plus three, it is just too busy to commute with, so it will be primarily for track only, but with that additional 3 teeth and the almost non existent rotational mass, you are hauling some serious ass.

Archived