Tell U Where To Ride - A Short Video Journey From Phoenix To Telluride

Guest Double

Guest Double

post-26268-0-95858600-1364419556.jpg

A 1350 mile motorcycle adventure from Phoenix to Telluride round trip. A much needed escape from work, stress and city traffic. A chance to ride the famed "Million Dollar Highway" No camera gear, no set ups. Just a long ride in the mountains with a few buddies. After much internal debate on whether to mount Go Pro's on the bike and myself at the last moment I opted not to. Escaping from work as I was saying, ment from Hollywood as a commercial camerman the last 15 years. The last thing I wanted to think about was filming. I just wanted to go for a long ride. This was my first long trip on the VFR that I had just bought from my brother in law Matt. (He's the one riding the silver Concourse in the vid.) Once we hit the open road I regretted that decision and found myself yet again armed with only my iPhone. Luckily, I threw in an Ollo Clip wide angle just in case we stopped long enough for a picture at the occasional landmark. Not sure how the footage would turn out I began shooting as we crossed the Monument Valley in Utah. Keeping the phone in my tank bag I set the pro camera app and clipped on the wide angle. When the road and speed limits permitted I would reach in and grab the phone left handed while keeping a modest death grip on the throttle with the right hand. Surprisingly the footage turned out much smoother than imagined. This was all an experiment with the iPhone 4s while aboard my VFR. So, with no real direction other than trying to capture the fall beauty of the magnificent aspen lined roads of the Rocky Mountains what you see is our weekend get away.

Enjoy!

Daryl

• Member Contributer

Nice capture of the atmosphere!

Shooting footage handheld is scary at best..... not so much on long empty roads, but I found around town (or when a spped bump comes up, it ain't fun.

But you were right to leave work behind.

The best "shots" are engraved inside your head, regardless of how many cameras you took with you.......

• Member Contributer

Thanks for sharing! Rode some of those same roads in august last year during sumsumx2! The aspens were not turning colors then. Very cool!

• Member Contributer

Enjoyed the video and music! Makes you just want to go out for a ride. :beer:

Chuck

Amen to that. Great Vid !!!

Nice work with few tools... hate to think how the vid would've turned out had you had your GoPros on you...

Now I wanna go on a bike tour... oh wait, ClubVFRSpain's cherry tree blossoms MC Meet is up next weekend... highly photogenic landscapes there.

Wow, thanks guys for all the props! It was a fantastic trip with very few hick ups (blown tail light and a nail in the rear tire). Great to be able to share the trip with everyone who gets it! Looking forward to sharing many more miles on my VFR as well as meeting up and riding with some of you along the way..

Cheers,

Daryl

• Member Contributer

Outstanding footage!

Left in the hands of a proffesional, even iphones can have the angles and perspectives.. :wheel:

I agree with what Greg has said, above. Wow! Very nice. And, as someone else suggested, the Aspen are beautifull at that time of year.

• Member Contributer

Amazing work, extra props for iPhone work

Yeah, what ninjadoc said. Nice job.

Hi

Could you give me the info on the song...liked.it.......as well as the video

roy

Thanks Roy,

The song is by Moby "Find My Baby"

Daryl

Archived