Revival Of A Gen 3

BRad704

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hmmm, tri-color in red white and blue, is that a little RC30 inspiration I smell?

Until last night I was thinking about a direct RC30 scheme. But the lines are different and I don't like the lavender color they used. I'll reserve details until we get the other colors finished and cleared.

Sent from my handheld-sending-thing...

post-26643-13595519846367.jpg

• Member Contributer

Everything looks good in the pics except for that UT shirt your brother is wearing :tongue:

Also looking forward to the finished product.

Rollin

I can't wait either, SD!!! We stopped last night after the sealer and white basecoat. Joey said he was going to finish the red and blue today, then clear it. I really want to be there, but I'm stuck in meetings until this afternoon. UGH.

RA, lemme guess... Bama fan? :)

Nice! I'm doing the same this winter with my '93 (along with some other repairs). I can't decide if I want to work out a RWB scheme or just go pearl white with the original decals. I suppose I'll wait and see how yours turns out.

I know the 93's were all pearl white, and that seems to be the only year they were that way in the US... But I wanted to be different this time. At least I stayed with all Honda colors. :goofy: and my Si is Rally Red, so I HAD to have that in there.

Maybe by the end of the weekend, I'll have it all put back together and be able to roll it outside to clean the wheels. Then it's time for Glamour Shots! haha!

I'm also debating decals. Not sure exactly what size the Wing is... and also trying to find the best place to piece the colors i need.

Wing = red outline

lower fairing = black, but I want it a bit larger than OEM

side fairing (VFR), will be on a red background, but I'm totally undecided on color or style, but it will likely be an OEM style

little HONDA on front and back will be white

and I think I want "RC36 Interceptor" on the sides of the tail...

Thanks for that link. Looks a lot like the honda-decals.com site.

I may be partial, but I think 93 got the best decals of all!

RWB FTW!

I saw this third gen for sale a few years ago. I love the RC30 inspired RWB paint scheme.

Looking forward to the end result of your respray :fing02:

That's a gorgeous bike for sure!

• Member Contributer

Everything looks good in the pics except for that UT shirt your brother is wearing :tongue:

Also looking forward to the finished product.

Rollin

Funny! Was gonna say the exact same thing!

Go Gators!

Brad that's coming along great..Looking forward to seeing then end result. You must by going nuts to get that thing done so you can ride it.

Rosso- That is one of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen.

My ultimate exhaust plan is to lose the collector and fab a y-pipe to an undertail exit. That's later though. Too involved for now and I just want to get it all back together!!

Go VOLS!!!

Sent from my handheld-sending-thing...

Rosso- That is one of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen.

Cbr900 forks/ brakes too

Nice catch..I was so distracted by the nice paint scheme I didnt even notice the front end.

My ultimate exhaust plan is to lose the collector and fab a y-pipe to an undertail exit. That's later though. Too involved for now and I just want to get it all back together!! Go VOLS!!! Sent from my handheld-sending-thing...

Have you thought of going white with orange instead? Mayby something in a checkerboard pattern. :fing02:

I'm at my office, and my brother is doing the painting at the body shop. I went up there at lunch yesterday and taped off the white areas so he could spray red today. As of now, the tail and lowers (including the metal heat sheilds) are done and cleared.

Besides being busy with real work... i think he knows how excited I am and it tormenting me with single, sporadic images. :)

Got Tail?be4e2ahu.jpgSent from my handheld-sending-thing...

Archived