Delkevic Exhaust W/ High Rise Mid-Pipe

daword2011

Hey guys just finished installing my Delkevic exhaust on my 2000 Viffer and all i can say is that for the 197.90 that it cost to get it to my door, I am more than satisfied. I have some photos and a sound clip/vid of the exhaust below, most of my nit-picks are in the vid. Nice welds and overall a great muffler. Love it and would recommend it, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVUU1jV5Dk

post-0-0-89697500-1355461266.jpg

post-0-0-44834300-1355461285.jpg

post-0-0-99566400-1355461300.jpg

post-0-0-22736500-1355461321.jpg

post-0-0-61908100-1355461339.jpg

post-0-0-82000400-1355461357.jpg

post-0-0-94809500-1355461373.jpg

post-0-0-97447900-1355461391.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks great, sounds great! Nice buy at $200! :fing02:

Since you don't live in Timmy the Cop's neighborhood, you should lay the camera on the ground and do some drive bys.

• Member Contributer

Not keen on that link pipe, they could have made an effort to raise it & let the exhaust follow the body line of the seat cowl ! Oh well looks liek a custom job for me then.

Looks great, sounds great! Nice buy at $200! :fing02:

Since you don't live in Timmy the Cop's neighborhood, you should lay the camera on the ground and do some drive bys.

Ill see if i cant get some ride bys. What you think. normal launch, accelerated launch, normal drive-by and a fly-by or what?

• Member Contributer

Not keen on that link pipe, they could have made an effort to raise it & let the exhaust follow the body line of the seat cowl ! Oh well looks liek a custom job for me then.

Agreed I would not be happy with the position of that pipe. Looks like decent quality stuff though for the price.

Agreed I would not be happy with the position of that pipe. Looks like decent quality stuff though for the price.

That was my only complaint was the mid-pipe. I may have a muffler shop work on it some. But for the price you cant go wrong IMO. and it still sounds badass :tongue:

• Member Contributer

That was my only complaint was the mid-pipe. I may have a muffler shop work on it some. But for the price you cant go wrong IMO. and it still sounds badass :tongue:

Yeah pretty much any aftermarket can is gonna sound better than the stock boat anchor. I've kept my stock can though in case I ever do a track day at Laguna Seca or get a fix-it ticket.

Yeah pretty much any aftermarket can is gonna sound better than the stock boat anchor. I've kept my stock can though in case I ever do a track day at Laguna Seca or get a fix-it ticket.

no exhaust allowed at leguna?

• Member Contributer

90db limit. Some bikes aren't even allowed with the stock exhaust.

90db limit. Some bikes aren't even allowed with the stock exhaust.

wow thats crazy!

• Member Contributer

Glad to hear you're happy with the overall quality of the product. While I would really like a Leo Vince for my '07, after spending a decent chunk on a new Givi trunk and associated bracketry, that eats into my Leo Vince money. (I did pick up the trunk for considerably less than MSRP) The Delkevic pipes come from a local source here in the Denver area and that will be my "after-Christmas Christmas present". I'll probably leave the plug in it most of the time, we'll see. I want sound but I don't want to be annoying either. Thanks for the write-up.

Glad to hear you're happy with the overall quality of the product. While I would really like a Leo Vince for my '07, after spending a decent chunk on a new Givi trunk and associated bracketry, that eats into my Leo Vince money. (I did pick up the trunk for considerably less than MSRP) The Delkevic pipes come from a local source here in the Denver area and that will be my "after-Christmas Christmas present". I'll probably leave the plug in it most of the time, we'll see. I want sound but I don't want to be annoying either. Thanks for the write-up.

Well if you want the facts this exhaust is a lot quieter than I thought it would be. The exhaust the PO had on it was deafening. It was pretty much straight piped and would throw sound in every detection including toward you, turning right was a disaster haha. The echo off the pavement would be numbing literally. This exhaust isn't stubby loud IMHO. It is very civilized and with the baffle in more so. The best feature is the sound actually goes out the back of the exhaust haha! From the sides or ok the seat the engine induction and cam sound is louder but from behind the song of the v4 sings! I have grown to love it more and more! But all of that aside I'm glad I didn't go with the larger 14" because I was afraid this would be too loud when it's a tad quiet. May get louder with time though... Drive by's and more to come in time!!

• 1 month later...

So little check up, exhaust note has changed a little bit but nothing really noticeable. I just mocked up a bracket made of home depot parts and it helped secure the exhaust more. Used some small bolts/nuts, a corner bracket, a mending plate, and thats it! Ended up really well and i cut one of the L corner brackets in half and used the half to reenforce the other side. I simply bolted the corner bracket to the black plastic rear fender. bolted the mending plate to the L bracket and used that to tie into the hanger, i applied slow setting epoxy to the faces where the L and mending plate tie together so they won't swivel. It turned out really well and is rock solid. It's not perfect but it does the job until i decide to get some aluminium stock and make something nicer. Fly by vids soon to come!!!!

post-26416-0-64660700-1360122099.jpg

post-26416-0-52337600-1360122112.jpg

post-26416-0-16385900-1360122131.jpg

post-26416-0-53246700-1360122136.jpg

post-26416-0-20784100-1360122144.jpg

• Member Contributer

I miss my hi mount Staintune but the low mount stainless Delkavic works extremely well and sound great with the extra baffle installed. Looks good and a great value.

Looks great!

One question on your new bracket... Why not go with 1 L-bracket directly to the hanger (around the body of the can)?

Good question, if you look closely you can see that there isn't that trim plastic where I wanted the hanger. To have just an L I would had to move the band back about 3" which is way too far off center to look good IMHO. So I did that little extension off of it and got to use a thicker area of the plastic. I plan on probably painting it black so it's more hidden and maybe using alum bar stock in place of the mending bracket... Still deciding

For 200 bucks I guess it's a pretty good buy. considering a high right Staintune system was at least twice that much when I bought mine back in 97 or something.... Just wish like the others that Delkevic would line up the muffler better with the rear bodywork as Staintune and other makers did. It just kinda hangs there in a weird angle....

Beck

95 VFR

did they not provide the necessary brackets and clamps with the exhaust system??

Just the high mount mid pipe. They informed me that I would have to make my own hanger for it. And really if it was just a little more parallel with the body work it would be perfect!! But for $200 I don't expect magic

hmm, that seems odd.....

did they not provide the necessary brackets and clamps with the exhaust system??

Just the high mount mid pipe. They informed me that I would have to make my own hanger for it. And really if it was just a little more parallel with the body work it would be perfect!! But for $200 I don't expect magic

hmm, that seems odd.....

hmm, that seems odd.....

hmm, that seems odd.....

When I ordered it was a brand new option. I called and they told me they had just gotten then haha

when I bought my bike back in 2000, the Micron highmount did not come with the rubber gasket under the band clamp for the can.

The P.O. did not install it because t was too tight.

I called Micron and they sent me a new rubber gasket, gratis. And I wasn't even the one who bought the muffler form them.

Anyhow, I slotted the hole on the bang clamp and installed properly with the gasket.

THAT is customer service. I'm thinking they owe you a clamp and mount when they get that figured out.

I know I couldn't offer a product for sale to anyone that wasn't complete.

Other than that, the rest of it looks OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived