Delkevic Exhaust W/ High Rise Mid-Pipe

daword2011

problem arises is where you still need to line up the lower mount for the center stand. I can make the pipe higher causing the exhaust to be higher (and at more of an angle) but the center stand stop would be crooked. You would need not only to bend it on that one side but move the stop too or mod it

problem arises is where you still need to line up the lower mount for the center stand. I can make the pipe higher causing the exhaust to be higher (and at more of an angle) but the center stand stop would be crooked. You would need not only to bend it on that one side but move the stop too or mod it

I didn't explain myself well enough, I don't think it needs to be any high as a whole. I think that increasing the bend on only the one spot to make it parallel would be needed.

But then the question become this: Will the band reach it if the angle is increased?

post-25220-0-39145300-1361911102.jpg

What happened to that crazy extension thing you built? Couldn't you just change the angle of that bracket? I'm still working on my exhaust system but I'm basically working with the same pieces you are. Here's what my exhaust strap bracket looks like:

my rear fender is deleted, i didn't have one to hook it to like you did here. so i attached it to the under-tail and i wanted it to have a forward sweep to give it a more "speedy" look. the other design i thought of doing was tig welding a nut onto the stainless band that attaches the muffler to the pipe and using a bolt through the original hanger location for stock height exhaust but i didn't like the angle so i tilted it down a little and but the mounting bracket there.

I didn't explain myself well enough, I don't think it needs to be any high as a whole. I think that increasing the bend on only the one spot to make it parallel would be needed.

But then the question become this: Will the band reach it if the angle is increased?

you have to make your own attachment because the kit comes with a band but the mounting bracket will need to me custom made by yourself, so height is no issue, i think it would be too low imo, you would have a almost 2" gap before the body work

Mine came with a bracket and seems to be plug and play if you actually own a 5th gen. It's almost plug and play for a 3rd gen except I hacked the bracket and I have a different collector box outlet.

well then you're the lucky one apparantly haha no bracket in my box

:( probably to late but you could call them. Other threads have stated they have good customer service. It also sounds like they're making continual improvements so maybe its new. My kit arrived about 10 days ago.

When i ordered mine they had literlally had them in their hand for about 3 days haha. This kit was brand new to even them when i got it, i didn't expect a perfect kit the first time around. But i will say the quality of the pipe and the sound is a very good one. Want to get some fly by vids... maybe this weekend? I will see if i can get a friend to stand out there with the camera and get some good footage, roommate just got himself a new-to-him z1000 so maybe we will do a i tape yours, you tape mine thing. After hearing a fellow rider with the 8" shorty can it makes me want to "upgrade" to one haha. Eventhough i went to this one for the not-so-wild sound haha, the 8" are LOUD but man that v4 sounds good out of it...

Well it looks like you got the last one - I contacted them and they no longer have the carbon fiber Tri Oval cans! Dammit!

41 of them on Ebay, maybe you could adapt one using another midpipe:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=delkevic+exhaust&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=delkevic+trioval+exhaust&_sacat=0

I should have clarified that there are none for the VFR. Most of those are stainless as well and expensive. I could buy the Two Bros for the cost of that and not have to do any fab work.

Thanks for the link though.

Ok so sound video to come tomorrow!! But since tonight is my birthday bash i probably won't be getting to the video until later in the afternoon... So expect it tomorrow afternoon/evening!

well so i had some issues... first off my bike was dead for two days so the videos had to wait... but hopefully i will finish editing them tonight that way you don't have to wait around. Do you guys know a decent free editing software that i can use on my mac? I am going for a long ride saturday with our CMA chapter so i may take some photos and then add them to the video possibly

I did actually miss that one. Work's been oddly-busy lately, plus I've been researching more about this Ninja 250R.... ie, less time on VFRD...

Hopefully you got the elec all worked out and enjoy the ride tomorrow!

Archived