DIY Helmet Hangers - saw online somewhere

Phongeer

• Member Contributer

Nice. Fortunately for me I have some built in shelving in the MBR that my wife let me take over! She gets most of the closet though. Great idea for spares and my office though. Thanks for posting!

I prefer to put my helmet on a shelf. These hooks deform the foam inside your helmet which not only decreases safety but also allows for more wind turbulence so you helmet gets noisier.

helm.jpg

might have to try that out. my helmet stays in my room with me. I have an overwhelming fear that if i leave my helmet in the garage spiders will climb into it. :sad:

• Member Contributer

might have to try that out. my helmet stays in my room with me. I have an overwhelming fear that if i leave my helmet in the garage spiders will climb into it. :sad:

That will absolutely happen! At least in my garage...

I have a couple silica gel packs from somewhere and I stick one in my helmet and put it in the drawstring sack. That's for the "good" helmet. The others get a silica pack and a shop towel over the opening, or just set on top of my other bike.

By the way, never on the tank over the gas cap. Escaping fumes can degrade the interior. Also never on the mirror, as the pressing on the interior and causing damage to the foam argument has already been raised. Also, they are very dirty! Mine collect many dead bugs, why do people stick their helmets on them?!?! Also might move my mirror position. I hate constantly readjusting them. When I look, they need to be where I left 'em!

Same here in TX. Just last week I killed a BIG Brown Recluse in our garage...

Same here in TX. Just last week I killed a BIG Brown Recluse in our garage...

NOOOOOPE NOPE NOPE. i dont deal with spiders...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have brown recluse spiders all over the place. Local exterminators say chemicals won't do much good so I just live with them. I've grown accustomed to them and know that they don't bite unless their bodies feel pressure against them. I always watch how I pick up things, and if one crawls across my hand, I just let it keep going instead of swatting at it. I generally don't kill spiders, but I do kill them, mainly because I don't want the family to get bitten and have to deal with flesh rot.

I have brown recluse spiders all over the place. Local exterminators say chemicals won't do much good so I just live with them. I've grown accustomed to them and know that they don't bite unless their bodies feel pressure against them. I always watch how I pick up things, and if one crawls across my hand, I just let it keep going instead of swatting at it. I generally don't kill spiders, but I do kill them, mainly because I don't want the family to get bitten and have to deal with flesh rot.

That is about the only thing that weighs against my thoughts of moving to/retiring in TN.

• Member Contributer

That is about the only thing that weighs against my thoughts of moving to/retiring in TN.

Don't let my little brown buddies sway you. It will be worth it. :)

jesus christ screw EVERYTHING about that. I could never let a spider crawl across me, I would die. I was trying to vacuum up a spider once and it ran at me, I jumped up and screamed like a little girl... Then cried... Im a dude. People have told me I shouldn't kill spiders, but my policy is, If they are outside, and I am in their home, I will not kill a spider. BUT, if they are in my home, that is trespassing, which in my house, is an offense punishable by death. So be warned spiders, DO NOT TRESPASS IN MY HOUSE. that is all.

• Member Contributer

I'm a catch and release kind of person. If I can catch a spider crawling around the house, I release them in the garden bushes outside. Unless it's a Black Widow, then all bets are off, first one to draw wins...So far I haven't lost yet!! Now back to the original thread...

Rosso, is this a shelf you have or a picture of one you saw in a magazine/website? I like this a lot. Place for helmet, gloves and hanging the leathers.

I prefer to put my helmet on a shelf. These hooks deform the foam inside your helmet which not only decreases safety but also allows for more wind turbulence so you helmet gets noisier.

helm.jpg

Archived