REBUILDING MY '96

May I suggest considering a smaller/lighter maybe kicked up rear subframe, maybe of aluminum, whiile you can, as the stock one hangs pretty low and big over the rear wheel, and weighs likd a boat anchor....

Beck

95 VFR

Looken good!

The R1 shock is sweet w/ low & high speed adjustment, but how much do you weigh?

The stock R1 spring rate is good for about a 90 lb rider, you'll need a major rate upgrade if you weigh more than a 100 lbs.

• Member Contributer
Looken good!

The R1 shock is sweet w/ low & high speed adjustment, but how much do you weigh?

The stock R1 spring rate is good for about a 90 lb rider, you'll need a major rate upgrade if you weigh more than a 100 lbs.

My calculations are much lighter rider, but the point is the R1 shock needs a new spring and a revalve to work on the VFR. It's a good unit and properly setup would perform well.

I need to keep the subframe. This because of the "Thurn" rear fairing I've bought. However, I did made a new pair of risers and can't almost put my feet down to earth and I'm 185cm. :smile:

And about putting a new spring on the shock. I must first see how she rides, because "pimping" your bike doesn't come cheap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Have a good flight!

Am not looking at your pictures, it will only make me want that too......................

:-)

• 1 month later...

I think the front part may be different with different headlight controls, but I don't think they would change the rest?

You should still be able to trace function regardless of color.

• Member Contributer

If you need a scan of the wiring diagram that came with my (EU/France) 4th gen, just let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Really??? Nobody??? What I do know is that my bike' s origin is found in Canada (MPH?) and made it to Holland (KM/H)

Just a heads up Canada uses km/h not mp/h

Really??? Nobody??? What I do know is that my bike' s origin is found in Canada (MPH?) and made it to Holland (KM/H)

Just a heads up Canada uses km/h not mp/h

That's why there is a questionmark behind it. But the headlight had a text on it that said it was from Canada.

Archived