REBUILDING MY '96

• Member Contributer

Really??? Nobody??? What I do know is that my bike' s origin is found in Canada (MPH?) and made it to Holland (KM/H)

Just a heads up Canada uses km/h not mp/h

That's why there is a questionmark behind it. But the headlight had a text on it that said it was from Canada.

So the lights came from Canada but the clocks could be US or UK (both MPH) though IIRC UK clocks would have MPH (primary) and KPH (secondary).

Really??? Nobody??? What I do know is that my bike' s origin is found in Canada (MPH?) and made it to Holland (KM/H)

Just a heads up Canada uses km/h not mp/h

That's why there is a questionmark behind it. But the headlight had a text on it that said it was from Canada.

So the lights came from Canada but the clocks could be US or UK (both MPH) though IIRC UK clocks would have MPH (primary) and KPH (secondary).

The clocks are in KPH and have always worked fine. However since I've been upgrading and put in a KOSO DB-01R

instead of the original clocks and meters. I discovered that the colours of the manual didn't match at all.

But after using the FLUKE I'm pretty sure I've done an OK job with the re-wiring.

There's only the fuel gauge that's going to be tricky. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Well, finally I'm almost ready for the test-run. However, after installing my NEW R/R and my NEW battery and trying to connect the ground-cable to the battery. The 30amps fuse of the starter-relay pops out. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now what??? The startermotor is ok. Could it be that the R/R isn't wired correctly, the mechanic put a new connector on it.

So the R/R wasn't wired correctly, had to turn around the red and green wire (glad it wasn't a bom). And the problem is solved so I'm going wait for painter to be ready... HONDA PEARL WHITE...

• 4 months later...

Same Same but different

Finally finished!!!! Rides like lightning.

RC36 II StreetFighter-FrankenViffer

The bitter side of these pictures, I ran out of gas. The new Koso meter doesn't register the fuel level. :sad: And it was almost freezing. But hey, I got some nice pictures.

• Member Contributer

Looks really "mooi"!

Clutch and cilinder head cover, powercoated or spray can?

• Member Contributer

I'm digging it. Must have been really cold to hang your helmet on the exhaust to warm it up.

Need some more red accents to go along with the valve cover.

• Member Contributer

Nice work on the bike! I bet it feels good to ride it after all the work you've put into it :tour:

Im working on my own streetfightered 4th gen and have a koso gauge on the way. I'm curious if you got the tachometer to function properly as I've heard it can be "jumpy" with these gauges. If so, what did you do to set it up? Also, why isn't the fuel gauge working?

Nice work on the bike! I bet it feels good to ride it after all the work you've put into it :tour:

Im working on my own streetfightered 4th gen and have a koso gauge on the way. I'm curious if you got the tachometer to function properly as I've heard it can be "jumpy" with these gauges. If so, what did you do to set it up? Also, why isn't the fuel gauge working?

I put the tachometer-wire on the original and it works perfectly, you just have to set-up the gauge into 4 cilinder and high rpm.

And about the fuel display. It must be a wrong wire. But what's the right one? I have no idea.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the reply :) I'm glad to hear you have the tach working perfectly. Sorry I can't help with the fuel wire... Maybe when I get to the install stage I can help more.

Enjoy the bike!

• Member Contributer

I was looking at the wiring diagram for the US models as well as the European models and both indicate the fuel gauge wire is Grey/Black. I'll bet you already tried it though...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

BUMP!!!!

So what does she look now? All done??

:beer:

Nope. The engine still the same. However, the rims have been dipped in a bath of skulls. Pics follow.

Got the fuel meter working!!!

• Member Contributer

I'll drop by for a coffee one day...... :cool:

• Member Contributer

I can hardly believe you lifted that engine like that... These are not light motors! Was there a trick to getting the fuel gauge working or was it just a matter of finding the right wire?

I can hardly believe you lifted that engine like that... These are not light motors! Was there a trick to getting the fuel gauge working or was it just a matter of finding the right wire?

Just pick it up and lift from the legs, not the back. :cool:

However the fuel gauge was indeed connected the wrong way. But it's still not working like it should. I've got a rating displayed and believe that it's going to display the same untill it's in the reserve. But the bright side is that when the gauge starts to blink, I need to find a fuel station. :happy:

Archived