Is an Icon Variant OTT?

timmythecop

List price 388.88.

Haggled local stealership down to 150.

Ugly, stoopid, cool or just timmy?

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

fits well. Is comfy. we shall see...................................

not..................too..............fond.......................

That is a Welsh Dragon I will have you know and I am one of the few who are pround of being from the armpit of Europe. :biggrin:

IMG_0275.jpg

103_4101.jpg

003-3.jpg

• Member Contributer

One thing comes to mind when I see this helmet. Well, several actually, but the most prevalent begins with wind and ends with noise.

One thing comes to mind when I see this helmet. Well, several actually, but the most prevalent begins with wind and ends with noise.

I havent tried it yet but the reviews actually say its pretty quiet in there. you cant see from that angle, but there are plenty of passages in the peak for the air to go through. there is also a ram air duct in the peak that cools one's headparts.

2 things... I really like my Icon Mainframe. A lot. The other thing is, all Icon helmets have grown in size, weight, and price since the Mainframe was replaced. Not sure why they did that...

• Member Contributer

That is a Welsh Dragon I will have you know and I am one of the few who are pround of being from the armpit of Europe. :biggrin:

No matter what my mood is, I can always count on someone from these forums to make me :biggrin: . :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Timmy,

Please provide a ride report on the ICON. I was initially interested in the Shoei Hornet but everyone was trying to talk me out of it. The excuse given was the larger bill on the adventure style helmets would cause excessive turbulence at highway speeds.

Inquiring minds want to know, l like that style helmet but do you really need a huge windscreen to hide behind while wearing it...

thanks...

Marshall

• Member Contributer

It's definitely Timmy. When I see it, first thing I think is..

hgu33istructor.jpg

Is there extra space around your nose/mouth? Maybe a design to help reduce fogging from breath. Looks pretty cool either way.

Never ever look up with that bill it will take the whole helmet or your head off. Otherwise, looks sort of RoboTimmy to me. :fing02:

wales may be the armpit of the UK, but everyone knows that belgium is the armpit of europe.

keep on trying.

disclaimer: belgium may not actually be the armpit of europe

• Member Contributer

My comment was going to be "That is one Welsh helmet!"

• Member Contributer

I'll reserve judgement on the helmet....... :blink: .........but $388 down to $150 is some serious haggling......... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

That... superstructure... on top of the helmet - Is it removable?

• Member Contributer

That's a very gaylish looking helmet, Timmy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

took her out for a spin:

It is comfy. Well built inside and a lot of room for your ears to unfurl in there. The viability is huge. The visor is perfect. nothing but the view from inside, as the only helmet part you can see is the beak. yes we shall now call the superstructure a "beak". I know you all are up in arms about the beak, but even at 80 mph, there is no noise from the beak. This is by no means the quietest helm in the world, but it wasn't any louder than most. There are zero high pitched squeals or vibration noises. The noise that there is, comes from the bottom rear of the helm and is low pitched. Now onto the beaks aerodynamics. You forget completely that it is there except when you turn your head completely sideways. There is a tug, but it is nothing to break the deal. It flows a metric shit-tonne of air and the vents do not whistle. I wear an XL in 99 percent of all helmets, but this one is a large and fits perfectly. Well, well, well worth the 150 bones invested.

I like it. I may even love it. And it is cool. Admit it.

It is mine and you cant have it.

...........................and the colour.....................................

• Member Contributer

The fact that you say, "It flows a metric shit-tonne of air and the vents do not whistle" moves it to the top of my list. I've never had a helmet that flows air well and keeps my hot head cool (the big head).

• Member Contributer

We discussed these while scoffing a few pints of Guinness....

Pity they are not through and through but a sticker on top only.............

wiz_welsh.jpg

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

It looks fresh.

And by fresh I mean that it looks fresh from a Hollywood prop shop. In fact with only a mrginal amount of squinting I am quite certain that it was inspired by (if not part of) the headgear that Lou Gossett Jr. wore in that movie about aliens where he had Dennis Quaids baby...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm101420544/tt0089092

separated at birth?

But i did find this review. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=558428

• Member Contributer

I think it looks cool...kind of hoodlemish...which is funny that a cop should look like a hoodlem!

It looks like one of the stormtroopers...the ones from the planet Endor...the expedition ones? you know?

By the way, what does OTT stand for? Is that textese for Over The Top?

By the way, what does OTT stand for? Is that textese for Over The Top?

Its something my mother used to say, OTT= Over The Top.......but she is from Wales.

Archived