Anyone have a Harbor Freight wheel chock?

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I don't have that particular one, but I can tell you that it doesn't work anything like a baxley. The Baxleys clamp the tire and will actually hold the bike well enough that it won't tip over without the whole chock tipping over, that one, won't.

• Member Contributer

I don't have that particular one, but I can tell you that it doesn't work anything like a baxley. The Baxleys clamp the tire and will actually hold the bike well enough that it won't tip over without the whole chock tipping over, that one, won't.

I'm with Jeremy. I don't see any way of locking the bike in there. The Baxley has a pin that flips into place keeping the bike from rolling back out of the chock. But what do you expect for $40? But I still swear by my Baxley.

• Member Contributer

I have both kinds from HF- they both work as well as the high priced spread.

• Member Contributer

I have one and it works really well but like most things Harbor Freight it weighs a ton.

Rollin

I have a Baxley, and the HF unit. The HF unit is permanently mounted in the trailer, and works ok. The tire tends to stick in it requiring you to really jerk to get it out of the clamp. But it holds it great for you to put on the straps.

The Baxley is the best thing since bread came sliced... but not cheap.

• Member Contributer

There's a coupon in the latest issue of Motorcyclist that gets you one of these for $40. Anyone here have one & like it/not like it?

http://www.harborfre...hock-97841.html

image_3963.jpg

I think this is the same one the rollback wrecker use when the guy wreck on 68 but they installed wheels where the rubber stoppers are .......

Pretty Slick !!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_3159_950_546729.jpg

• Member Contributer

Have it, love it - along with their 4 X 8 trailer, two steel ramps, and a set of their straps. I attached the sides of the box on the inside with heavy duty door hinges so I can just pop the pins to remove any/all of the side panels. I also have a top that attaches in the front with 3 identical hinges to make a closed/lockable box that we use secure camping gear etc. inside and it supports our kayaks on the box top. We just completed our 2nd round trip from CO to WI and back with zero issues. The bed does tilt but it's really too steep so it's easier to just throw the ramps on and push her right up onto the trailer. Well worth the money on all of it. - also replaced the cheap bulb style lights with Harbor Freight's LED submersable trailer lights. They are MUCH BRIGHTER and more reliable.

post-581-0-25308100-1307404912_thumb.jpg

post-581-0-01442900-1307404960_thumb.jpg

post-581-0-18024100-1307404978_thumb.jpg

• Member Contributer

There's a coupon in the latest issue of Motorcyclist that gets you one of these for $40. Anyone here have one & like it/not like it?

http://www.harborfre...hock-97841.html

image_3963.jpg

I think this is the same one the rollback wrecker use when the guy wreck on 68 but they installed wheels where the rubber stoppers are .......

Pretty Slick !!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_3159_950_546729.jpg

Nope, that one is a Condor. I know, I have 2 and they work great. Mine don't have the wheels, they are used in a 5th wheel toyhauler.

• Member Contributer

Had one. Price was right. But didn't like it liked the Baxley I used to own, so recycled the Harbor Freight, bought an new Baxley. Couldn't be happier...

:tour:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived