Official 2011 Tmac event report & picture thread!

Any chance of uploading a version without the music? Would love to hear the bike working.

What speed & gears were you using?

Speed=slow

gear=wrong

but heres a view of seb and burns on out first, damp day.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well..that seems a bit better. That camera shoots some darn good video.

I am left wondering though:

Why not a lower gear with more throttleage? I've never been there so I could be completely off basis for asking. I'm just comparing it to some riding I've done around here which may be the completely wrong way to ride but I just love the performance of the lower gears + higher RPM's.

In the beginning, there are arrows spray painted on the road. Any idea why?

WTH is up the vehicle+trailer on the shoulder facing the wrong way?!?

Which riding group would this qualify for?

How are you able to mount that camera so well in various places?

Why not a lower gear with more throttleage? Most of the footage I have was from the first day where it was wet-to-damp and I was trying to use a higher gear to avoid a crash with 3 days left. I also upshifted in the straights to keep the noise down as I didnt know where the cops were hiding.

In the beginning, there are arrows spray painted on the road. Any idea why? Some are to warn you of sharper that normal turns. Others are to show people that they can pull into a shoulder to let bikes go by. The video is deceptive. These bends are 4 times tighter than they look in this wide angle lens.

WTH is up the vehicle+trailer on the shoulder facing the wrong way?!? No clue, didnt notice it.

Which riding group would this qualify for? Not really sure. I went as quickly or slowly as I felt at the time and I wasnt in a group. You can tell in the middle, I had a total brain collapse, and I took a few corners to re-group. That is a difficult question, but if I had to answer, it would have been Intermediate/slow

How are you able to mount that camera so well in various places? I have a suction cup mount and various hard mounts on my saddlebags. The wide angle lens makes it impossible to miss what you are pointing at.

[/color][/size]

• Member Contributer

Were there any cops around? In the various videos I've seen, there are none. If I was there, they would have been around every other corner of everyday & everyone would have been pissed at me for ruining all their fun! That's how things tend to go for me.

you cant tell where they may be hiding......but I made friends with one and then there is whole "get outta jail free card" thing.............but I try not to arouse attention anyway.

• Member Contributer

My "get outta jail free card" is long gone.:sad:

I LOVE the video Timmy superb, with the risk of getting flamed the red VFR rider behind you... well.. is there really all that need to hang off the bike so much when the bike itself isn't leaned over enough to constitute getting the knee down even on relatively gentle corners?!

Anyway great riding guys and I wish I could of been there!

1. Please don't take this as a flame...

2. I am the red rider

3. It was damp/wet

4. The corners only appear to be gentle, many of them are anything but

5. I hang my girth off the bike as a safety measure - the whole point of hanging off is to make the bike more upright at a given corner speed

6. I need the exercise

7. I was on camera!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

A sequel to the sequel. as it were. (Warning: Kanadian Ken is prominently featured)

Are we doomed to have "Yankee" misspelled until the end of time?

I blame Baileyrock & Seb. The "Yankey Go Home" sign.

Oh, and truly sorry about the corner stuff KKKen! I blame Canada.

• Member Contributer

So sorry I missed the VFRD again. This time I had a good excuse, I'm in Afghanistan working for the gubment. Be home in a few months and will be there next year. I know my wife stopped by on her guzzi and said hello to a few of you. Seems every year i miss there is great weather, mmmm something is not sitting right. See you all in a few months.

• Member Contributer

I think we were turning the KKen corner stuffing into a sport... I think I recall Andy did it once, also.

THIS vid made me laugh... nice little Electric Six reference Timmy, BTW...

[

I think we were turning the KKen corner stuffing into a sport... I think I recall Andy did it once, also.

THIS vid made me laugh... nice little Electric Six reference Timmy, BTW...

Why do I feel a "Strawberry Jam" comment coming on? You're all a bunch of motherSmuckers... ba dump-dump...

So sorry I missed the VFRD again. This time I had a good excuse, I'm in Afghanistan working for the gubment. Be home in a few months and will be there next year. I know my wife stopped by on her guzzi and said hello to a few of you. Seems every year i miss there is great weather, mmmm something is not sitting right. See you all in a few months.

Get home soon Adam, did see your wife as she did hunt me down and say hey! Be good to have you back at a Tmac my friend! :fing02:

I know my wife stopped by on her guzzi and said hello to a few of you. .

Was she on a white modern 750 sport. If so. I was motivated by that bike to resurrect my Guzzi V50 race bike to bring next year.

• Member Contributer

I know my wife stopped by on her guzzi and said hello to a few of you. .

Was she on a white modern 750 sport. If so. I was motivated by that bike to resurrect my Guzzi V50 race bike to bring next year.

Great video, Timmy. Now all I have to do is get the gif to work and it will be a perfect T-Mac perfectly completed

• Member Contributer
name='timmythecop' timestamp='1306802481' post='781861']

. Also, the fish eye lens distorts some relative points, so things look a little weird.

looked like Seb to me?

agree, now you mention it, Seb looks a bit weird :laughing6-hehe:

Guest Rufrydrsc2up

Hey! I finally made it into a Timmythecop video! I feel like I've gotten somewhere in life now.

• Member Contributer

Look closer at what?

I think there's a giant strawberry hiding behind the sign. :laughing6-hehe:

OMG!!!! The town and half the motel is missing. Did we do that???

Archived