rc211v style exhaust

flyguyeddy

So i was pondereing something. Would a setup similar to the rc211v exhaust work with our engines? Like, if i were doing a custom 4th gen eith an undertail setup, couldnt i just set it up similar to the rc211v? With two cans , rear cyl go back, front go under n back. Never join up, like two twin engine exhausts...

There's these cans on Fleabay, you could use 2 of them maybe:

%21CBzD%295wCGk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKi0EzS49Gk4%29BNJCeDb00Q%7E%7E_12.JPG

I reckon an RC212V system would look great on a nicely modded VFR. Would be interesting to hear how it sounded. Especially if you twin-twingled the motor :comp13:

I spent a lot of time looking into GP-stype cans, the ones above do look pretty good but most seem to be quite long.

I ended up with one of these (pic not of my actual can) - Competition Werkes to suit Yamaha R6. Cheap as chips, because there is nothing inside it :blink: I may need to fit some perforated tubing and packing material...

1000111uk6.jpg

My word, I'll bet that's loud. Bet it sounds great.

my biggest concern is piping size. i dont want to kill the lower end of the vfr. i was thinking 1.5" od tubing for the primaries and 1.75" tubing to the mufflers. thoughts? perhaps just 1.5 the whole way?

my biggest concern is piping size. i dont want to kill the lower end of the vfr. i was thinking 1.5" od tubing for the primaries and 1.75" tubing to the mufflers. thoughts? perhaps just 1.5 the whole way?

Stay with tubing that's within 1/16" of stock. You're going to improve the flow so much that you won't need larger tubing at all. In fact, you'll likely end up losing bottom end torque if you go bigger.

Stay with tubing that's within 1/16" of stock. You're going to improve the flow so much that you won't need larger tubing at all. In fact, you'll likely end up losing bottom end torque if you go bigger.

when you run both cylinders together is the tubing diameter im most concerned with. we dont have any basis for comparison on that with our bikes. im thinking just stock size all the way back from the ports. thoughts?

• Member Contributer
I ended up with one of these - Competition Werkes to suit Yamaha R6. Cheap as chips, because there is nothing inside it :blink:

1000111uk6.jpg

Not actually a muffler, just an exhaust tip really.

thoughts on pipe size after the y?

Just off the top of me head, I would say 1.5" primaries, 1.75" when two pipes meet, and 2" when all 4 pipes meet.

But that's just a Wildassguess, nothing scientific about it.

thoughts on pipe size after the y?

Just off the top of me head, I would say 1.5" primaries, 1.75" when two pipes meet, and 2" when all 4 pipes meet.

But that's just a Wildassguess, nothing scientific about it.

the 4 p[ipes dont meet on the rc211v. the front bank exits out the lower right side of the bike, and the rear bank exits out from underneath the tail.

the stock size of the 91 primaries i have is 1 3/8". i was thinking merging those into 1.5" then out to a muffler, 1.5".

• 3 months later...

I'm planning on doing this style of exhaust on my 4th gen track bike, and am also wondering how it will affect the powerband on a stock engine.

I've got a twin can style setup on my Gen 3... if it helps at all can measure pipe sizes and happy to post pics on pipework :)

IMG571.jpg

I'm planning on doing this style of exhaust on my 4th gen track bike, and am also wondering how it will affect the powerband on a stock engine.

I've got a twin can style setup on my Gen 3... if it helps at all can measure pipe sizes and happy to post pics on pipework :)

IMG571.jpg

That would be awesome. :)

IMG571.jpg

That would be awesome. :)

No worries, I'm away for a couple days but will pop the bodywork off when I get back and throw some pics up for you- hope it helps.

Regards,

Gav

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Fully custom headers. I'll pay attention to that one. Not really won over by the delkevic or motad headers to buy them, just to probably end up chopping them up in the end.

I will most likely have a setup alot like the sudco exhausts for the 2nd gens with the flanged part bolted to the head and everything else slip jointed n sealed. Makes it easier to ajust and build that way. I just don't know what pipe sizes to go with from the head and after the collectors.

• 10 months later...

Archived