Was sold in USA the 5Th gen VFR in Black color?

luigi

• Member Contributer

Hi to all.

Please can you tell me if the 1998 VFR 800 was sold in the USA in Black color?

I ask you this because I'm searchin online for plastic parts for my 5th gen coloured in Black Mute Metallic (Honda color code number NH-359M), but in three different USA Honda OEM sellers when i use the complete code number (i.e. 64320-MBG-000ZD for the left hand lower cowl, where the last two digit ZD means the Black color) the search answer me that the parts don't exist.

This don't happens when i search the same parts on a European site.

More, i found on www.colorrite.com, a website selling paints with the Honda original codes, that the Black Mute Metallic color (in USA) is just for the 97-99 CBR1100XX and for the 99 VTR1000 Super Hawk.

Anyone can tell me something about?

Thank you all.

Luigi.

• Member Contributer

No, not is the USA, but Canada had Black 5th gens!

All US 5th gens were Red except the 2000 which was Pearl Yellow.

Thank you BR.

I think don't exist an Honda customer service so fast...

Thank you again and best wishes for Christmas and New Year.

Ciao, Luigi.

No, not is the USA, but Canada had Black 5th gens!

All US 5th gens were Red except the 2000 which was Pearl Yellow.

Thank you BR.

I think don't exist an Honda customer service so fast...

Thank you again and best wishes for Christmas and New Year.

Ciao, Luigi.

My pleasure Luigi and thanks for the Holiday well wishes. Same to you! :cheerleader:

There use to be a Canadian Dealer (Dynomohumm) who many of us use to get parts from, but there are no more. :ohmy:

• Member Contributer

Honda Extreme in Edmonton has previously sold Tahitian Blue bodywork for the 5th gen to U.S. customers. It might be worth a try...

http://www.hondaextreme.ca/index.htm?q=honda+extreme+edmonton&rls=com.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7HPIC&redir_esc=&ei=RgcUTaS_MYunnAfOrJDPDQ

• Member Contributer

Honda Extreme in Edmonton has previously sold Tahitian Blue bodywork for the 5th gen to U.S. customers...

Thank you. I'll email them a request. Two weeks ago i'm crashed and now i have almost 2000 euros of damages. If i can found parts saving some money it's better...

Ciao, Luigi

• Member Contributer

Thank you Knife.

It's is an interesting site (if sells US products and not Chinese fairings) but i have some part of my VFR in SIlver and in Red. I would replace the broken parts with a new OEM manufacturing and painting ones. I can use what i have and go to a good finisher anytime, but first i would try to reach my first goal.

Thank you anyway i'll keep the site in my browser's Favorites.

Best wishes and Ciao, Luigi

• Member Contributer

You can get a full set of fairings or just the pieces you want here, but you will have to have them painted. => NiceCycles

Does anyone have any experience with these folks? Even secondhand?

Dunno - but they have the red VTEC set $200 off. Compared to Honda prices, for $579 they'd almost be disposable. Now if they would just include a painted tank to match . . . :biggrin:

VTEC red fairings

• Member Contributer

Honda Extreme in Edmonton has previously sold...

Thank you SAFE-T.

I 've had an aswer from Honda Extreme and their prices are very interesting (even including shipping cost and custom duties) than Italian prices.

Ciao, Luigi.

I remember seeing a gloss black 5th gen. Not sure of the year. Looks nice in that color. Greg McQuide used to rock one back in the day.

Greg McQuide! How nice that you knew him and remember him. I'm in Massachusetts. We were good friends a long time ago. I was thinking of him a day or so ago. Wondering if his mom and dad are still in Delmar, NY. I'll be near there in a few weeks. Man. It must be 10-11 years already. I can't take him off my db. Good fortune, R~

I remember seeing a gloss black 5th gen. Not sure of the year. Looks nice in that color. Greg McQuide used to rock one back in the day.

Greg McQuide! How nice that you knew him and remember him. I'm in Massachusetts. We were good friends a long time ago. I was thinking of him a day or so ago. Wondering if his mom and dad are still in Delmar, NY. I'll be near there in a few weeks. Man. It must be 10-11 years already. I can't take him off my db. Good fortune, R~

Delmar you say? One of my younger sisters lives there - it's about 45min north of me.

Archived